Nike Dunk Tiffany Diamond

Hey guys,

I have had this pair since they were released, worn a couple of times and stored them in a corner.

Recently took them out and noticed that the silver part of the tick peeled.

Any ideas how I can restore this pls? These are the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

Tks in advance.

Yikes, I've never seen that before on a pair of Tiff Dunks,

I guess you would have to strip off all that old paint and just repaint it

Yeah, what Peabrain said. Think your best bet is to strip it all off and repaint it back.

Thanks guys.

I'm just thinking through the steps.. correct me if im wrong.

1) acetone to remove the paint.

2) angelus paint (metallic)

3) varnish (im wondering if I need to use glossy/matt finish here)

Just wondering if you have any recommendations for the metallic finish that would look like the original.

Cheers thanks

Thanks guys.

I'm just thinking through the steps.. correct me if im wrong.

1) acetone to remove the paint.

2) angelus paint (metallic)

3) varnish (im wondering if I need to use glossy/matt finish here)

Just wondering if you have any recommendations for the metallic finish that would look like the original.

Cheers thanks
I don't remember too much but you're correct with the acetone. But if you can just scrap/peel it off then do that. Hit it up with some metallic paint to match the color.

Hit this thread for questions: http://niketalk.com/t/15471/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back

Thanks mate, will try it out and hopefully it would be good enough for me to post some pics here :smile:
​Yeah, hopefully. And this I can't stress enough: Take your time, do NOT rush it. Start small, start slow, and be patient. And let the paint dry completely before you decide to paint over it or remove it

Yea, you pretty much all the steps dead on,

Couple pointers,

Dont rub the paint off with acetone too hard, you might damage the shoe (just rub lightly)

And you may not need the varnish, angelus paint has a pretty high factory shine to it

Back
Top Bottom