Nike Free Run vs 5.0

How does the Nike Free Run compare to the Free 5.0? Both seem to be middle level free running shoes but what are the differences? I'd assume the Run had more support but it seems like people are saying it would be a 4.0 on the Free scale.

How does the Nike Free Run compare to the Free 5.0? Both seem to be middle level free running shoes but what are the differences? I'd assume the Run had more support but it seems like people are saying it would be a 4.0 on the Free scale.

Nike Free Run is an evolved version of the 5.0. Wider toe box, more cushioning, deeper & wider grooves in the sole and Nike+ ready. The 5.0 fits more like previous Nike Free, sock like upper with minimal cushioning for that barefoot feel. The Nike Free Run feels more like a running shoes but still offer the same flexibility and barefoot running feel as previous 5.0.

Nike Free Run is an evolved version of the 5.0. Wider toe box, more cushioning, deeper & wider grooves in the sole and Nike+ ready. The 5.0 fits more like previous Nike Free, sock like upper with minimal cushioning for that barefoot feel. The Nike Free Run feels more like a running shoes but still offer the same flexibility and barefoot running feel as previous 5.0.

there is a good preview/review on the runningwarehouse.com supposedly the free runs are more like 4.0s. they also have the hole for your ipod senser in the midsole which the 5.0s don't. i have the green ones. i am going for a run tonite, and will use the free runs and let you know how they compare. if you like the 5.0s, you should like these too. i currently run in the 5.0v4 with no socks. have done a couple half marathons in the 5.0s without socks and had no problems.

there is a good preview/review on the runningwarehouse.com supposedly the free runs are more like 4.0s. they also have the hole for your ipod senser in the midsole which the 5.0s don't. i have the green ones. i am going for a run tonite, and will use the free runs and let you know how they compare. if you like the 5.0s, you should like these too. i currently run in the 5.0v4 with no socks. have done a couple half marathons in the 5.0s without socks and had no problems.

logged 10 miles tonite (was supposed to do it yesterday) anyways, heel to toe transition is smoother in the free runs compared to the 5.0 v4s and the toebox is definately roomier, which will accomadate people with wider feet. personally, if i could have the v4 upper (prefer the snugger fit) with the free run midsole, they would be perfect

logged 10 miles tonite (was supposed to do it yesterday) anyways, heel to toe transition is smoother in the free runs compared to the 5.0 v4s and the toebox is definately roomier, which will accomadate people with wider feet. personally, if i could have the v4 upper (prefer the snugger fit) with the free run midsole, they would be perfect

Back
Top Bottom