Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

That’s why I preordered first, will ask questions later. If prices are high week of release, I’ll sell them. If not, I’ll either just return them to Nike or who knows, maybe I’ll get sucked into just keeping them for the novelty. But if people are paying, say, $500-plus for them, they’re gone. No idea what to expect, which is why I just hit the buy button when I got the preorder notification. I’m not usually a buy and flip guy but I thought that these at least have the potential to have fools and beasts paying dumb money right after release. But if it turns out there are enough to meet demand, that’s fine, too.

B2FD5D1D-2A7B-41AE-90AB-0AC03130FE81.jpeg

Players are actually wearing them so they must be comfortable. That’s my aim. The gimmick is nice, but can x person/player wear them is what I care about.

Looking forward to seeing them do other colorways and PE’s. Aesthetically they’re amazing.

More sheepish “future tech” from Nike. These will be around until summer... then fade. Nothing special here.

Players are actually wearing them so they must be comfortable. That’s my aim. The gimmick is nice, but can x person/player wear them is what I care about.

Looking forward to seeing them do other colorways and PE’s. Aesthetically they’re amazing.
Could be Nike hype with regards to players wearing them. A lot of players were wearing the 33's and now not as many right? I could be wrong on that but I thought I read that somewhere on here. I want to try them out either way though just like the adidas sneakers back in the day.

Nike’s been trying to push this tech.... it’s not going to happen. Sometimes you don’t need to reinvent the wheel. I don’t even think the athletes care for this.

That Nike+ Tech comes to mind. The LeBron X, Kobe 8, and Hyperdunk 2012 didn’t need it. That got dropped quick.

Some dudes wearing Jordan retros too so I don’t know about all that. At worst these will be overpriced hyperdunks

To all of the folks who are dismissing the Adapt BBs as a “gimmick” or suggesting that the tech is neither needed nor wanted (I.e. the “solving a problem that doesn’t exist” theory) - do any of you even play basketball?

I find it hard to imagine that anyone who actually plays basketball would think any of the above. Even if you were in the minority for whom fit/lockdown are afterthoughts (cough KD cough) - if you play basketball, you’d at least know that you’re in the minority (I.e. I’d argue that fit/lockdown is a major concern for the majority of people who play basketball).

Personally, I haven’t been this excited about a new product PERIOD (whether it be a sneaker, an electronics product, etc) in ages - and it’s 100% due to my hopes for its utility, not its novelty.

Back
Top Bottom