Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

:lol:I just tagged you on that thought because you are a designer and tend to see these things as well.
i remember discussing that sketch. I saw the 2k5 in it

I wish theyd make a model designed like the Mag sans boot collar for this tech. Something in a height similar to a jordan 1 but with a sleek simple upper and sole. The bb doesnt have that iconic look to it. It looks more like a sequel to a lost original bb that never released. Granted, I havent seen them in person. New shoe designs all look like spaceships to me though and i blame the abandonment of the good old pencil and paper technique. I see the computer in these designs, and computers usually allow people to overdesign. If youre hand drawing something in analog the strokes hold more value because they take more effort to commit to. The design becomes inherently tight and efficient. Thats why everyone prefers the old school stuff designed when the mantra was keep it simple over most of todays soul-less whatever models designed under the because we can mantra by tryhards without a real solid foundation and way too much ram. Emphasis on the R part of it.

Last edited:
i remember discussing that sketch. I saw the 2k5 in it

I wish theyd make a model designed like the Mag sans boot collar for this tech. Something in a height similar to a jordan 1 but with a sleek simple upper and sole. The bb doesnt have that iconic look to it. It looks more like a sequel to a lost original bb that never released. Granted, I havent seen them in person. New shoe designs all look like spaceships to me though and i blame the abandonment of the good old pencil and paper technique. I see the computer in these designs, and computers usually allow people to overdesign. If youre hand drawing something in analog the strokes hold more value because they take more effort to commit to. The design becomes inherently tight and efficient. Thats why everyone prefers the old school stuff designed when the mantra was keep it simple over most of todays soul-less whatever models designed under the because we can mantra by tryhards without a real solid foundation and way too much ram. Emphasis on the R part of it.

Agree completely. The BBs are pretty dang nice in hand, though. It was mostly the toe that reminded me of that sketch as I was looking at them on my feet last night. I wasn't sold on them much, either, just going by the photos I saw before they arrived yesterday. But once I had them in front of me, I realized I really, really like them.

6273E068-33D4-4A2D-B7FD-1902C8EC2994.png
I love my pair of Adapt BB. Fitting wise, I did go half a size up and they are fine. There weren’t too much room in the front for me. My auto-fit is in the picture. I think if I went true to size, my auto-fit wouldn’t be as high/tight. Decided to do the software update, left my phone sitting on the shoes and it went smoothly. No complaint about my shoes.

Attachments

• 9409139A-E32B-4C8D-8153-D43894A78CF2.png
    9409139A-E32B-4C8D-8153-D43894A78CF2.png
    838.2 KB · Views: 3
Went TTS (10) on these. Narrow toe box but nothing that will be uncomfortable! Length is perfect. Comfortable cushioning out the box (just walking). App really fine tunes the fit (haven’t messed with buttons much). I personally love the big swoosh (although the small swoosh inside is too much). Love how the shoe adjusts itself without any prompting

Nike needs to quit playing with the branded box + tape. The novelty is cool, but in today’s climate..if you don’t have a secure location for these, then these are too easy to chance at swiping.

FedEx “dropped” my pair off and had a “M Manager” signed as delivered. I was home and it definitely wasn’t sitting outside my door. Our condo doesn’t have a leasing building so I went straight into assuming it was swiped. Long story short, my gf had to tell me that they sometimes drop packages off at the apartment complex leasing office down the street. For about an hour prior to finding that info out I was livid. Lmao

Do you have any Jordans? Have 10 as well.
10 in 1’s fit comfortable.
10 in XI’s fit slightly snug.
Have to wear 10.5 in X’s.

I wear a 10 in all three mentioned. The BB’s have a more forgiving material than the patent leather of the XI’s. My XI’s don’t fit me “too snug” but I get what you’re saying. Kinda weird cuz my 1’s toe box are the most snug out of the three haha. Sounds like you’d be a better fit going a half size up!
Hope this helps and hope others can chime i too and give their opinion!

You’ll probably be sorry if you do.

Quit it. Take it from the ppl who spent multiple years creating the shoe. It’s supposed to be slightly bigger than your normal size to allow tightening/loosening. What’s the point of wearing a auto lace shoe if it’s skin tight when you put it on? Go from tight to no circulation mode? Lol

Just got mine in hand and went TTS. Honestly, they feel a bit snug, but I think they will stretch.

I also like my basketball sneakers tight so we’ll see.

Went 0.5 size up and happy I did. Everyone’s foot is different so it’s tough. I always err on the side of slightly big than slightly tight though.

So what’s the final verdict with sizing?

These drop again on Sunday... I’m leaning towards TTS

Quit it. Take it from the ppl who spent multiple years creating the shoe. It’s supposed to be slightly bigger than your normal size to allow tightening/loosening. What’s the point of wearing a auto lace shoe if it’s skin tight when you put it on? Go from tight to no circulation mode? Lol

Do you own the shoe? I already said, .5 up and my toes would be swimming in them and I'd have sent them back. There's still plenty of adjustment in them in my TTS 11. Multiple people have posted the exact same thing in here about it being good that they too went TTS. They are NOT "skin tight" when I put them on, not even close. But that said, we all know everyone's feet are different, which is why I should know better than to say anything about sizing to anyone on NT, where it seems like at least half the people somehow can't figure out their own size and how Nikes fit them :lol:

Do you own the shoe? I already said, .5 up and my toes would be swimming in them and I'd have sent them back. There's still plenty of adjustment in them in my TTS 11. Multiple people have posted the exact same thing in here about it being good that they too went TTS. They are NOT "skin tight" when I put them on, not even close. But that said, we all know everyone's feet are different, which is why I should know better than to say anything about sizing to anyone on NT, where it seems like at least half the people somehow can't figure out their own size and how Nikes fit them :lol:

For real! I hope that last sentence echos on NT lol! Paul George just figured out his true size a couple years back when he got his 1st “sig shoe” crazy!

So everyone's feet are different, why would he be sorry for going .5 up? Contradicting your statement.

I'll trust the company who made it and yeah, my own foot. I put mine on right away. .5 was the move.

So everyone's feet are different, why would he be sorry for going .5 up? Contradicting your statement.

I'll trust the company who made it and yeah, my own foot. I put mine on right away. .5 was the move.

I'm not contradicting anything. I acknowledged there are differences in people's feet, that is all, so nothing is absolute. But if you want to focus on that, then listen to the other thing I said and stop commenting on sizing from here on out about any shoe, because clearly opinions differ from person to person, making them useless in answering a sizing question. The dude solicited opinions. I gave him mine, which has been echoed in here by people who have the shoes more than the up .5 advice has been. Glad your half-size up seems good to you. I would have sent them back. You know what they say about opinions, though.

Last edited:
Point being, unless your foot is small/narrow, TTS is not a good idea. The toe box on these is unforgiving. It's hard as a rock.

If you want your toes smashed into that area, then go for it. I'm advising most big footers to follow Nike's suggestion of .5 up. The materials on this shoe are not super giving and or 'stretchable'. I don't see the actual shape of the shoe changing much over time for users. Thus, I felt going up .5 made all the sense in the world. To each their own.

Point being, unless your foot is small/narrow, TTS is not a good idea. The toe box on these is unforgiving. It's hard as a rock.

If you want your toes smashed into that area, then go for it. I'm advising most big footers to follow Nike's suggestion of .5 up. The materials on this shoe are not super giving and or 'stretchable'. I don't see the actual shape of the shoe changing much over time for users. Thus, I felt going up .5 made all the sense in the world. To each their own.

I'm not actually arguing with you, dude. Go ahead and advise people to go up. Some of us will continue to advise them to stay TTS. I assume you must go up in a lot of similar shoes, like Kobe 11s. I'll refine my advice to people and say, wear the same size in these as you do in Kobe 11s. Your description of how this shoe feels and fits couldn't be more different to how it seems to me, so there's no sense in debating it further. As I said, there are no absolutes.

Having an issue with connecting my phone to the shoes after the app update smh

Update: it’s just the Left shoe that wont connect

Last edited:
Most people i asked said that they’re TTS. With that being said i cant imagine going from a 12 to a 13.. I dont want heel slippage while playing. I’m gonna have to get the 12 and pray they break in.

Back
Top Bottom