Nike Infrared?

Infared 90s, and neon 95s are pure classics. Forget the hype, these cws create the two greatest air maxes ever released.

Nobody's really helping the threadstarter get his/her answer.

The way I always saw it were two reasons. Back when bright colors were in, around the late 80's/early 90's (watch Fresh Prince episodes and you can seehow the style was back then), anything with neon colors were "in" style. Since retro everything are in now, that's explains why infrareds, aswell as neon yellow, and other loud colors are in. Nobody wanted these in say, 2000. Plus, throughout the years, air maxes remained in, especially the OG's(infrared).

This is the other reason why I think infrared is popular. It has just remained a staple color for Nike. A bright, standout (or accent) color (just a hint, noton the whole sneaker), over plain neutral colors like black, white or grey, just plain "stand out" and looks good.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by LeronJames

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

sure, it's been hyped a bit, but it's a simply a timeless & classic model that's still popular among diehards
The model of the shoe has nothing to do with the color. AM90's are a classic model, Infrared is a hyped color on an AM 90.
the shoe is only as classic as it's OG colorways defined it to be.

the infrared colorway is as important to the AM90 as the royal is to the foamposite one, just like neon to the 95, the varsity red to the AM87, blk/red to any jordan, blk/blue to any penny and so on and so on.....
I'm not denying it but I still think it's an ugly colorway. The design of the shoe was what made it hot, not the color. Well, to someI'm sure it was the color, but the staying power was the design.

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

sure, it's been hyped a bit, but it's a simply a timeless & classic model that's still popular among diehards
Yeah, they just look so dope to me for some reason. I don't know why, but they just seem to stand out so well on my feet. Appreciated, indeed.

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, i love em, ive always loved em, they're my 2nd, maybe my 1st fave shoe. Wheni put those badboys on i spend most of my day staring at my feet.

Originally Posted by TheTaffy

You will know why,when you got a pair of am90 infra's on your feet son....

I rest my case.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NYCZ ILLEST

Nobody's really helping the threadstarter get his/her answer.

The way I always saw it were two reasons. Back when bright colors were in, around the late 80's/early 90's (watch Fresh Prince episodes and you can see how the style was back then), anything with neon colors were "in" style. Since retro everything are in now, that's explains why infrareds, as well as neon yellow, and other loud colors are in. Nobody wanted these in say, 2000. Plus, throughout the years, air maxes remained in, especially the OG's (infrared).

This is the other reason why I think infrared is popular. It has just remained a staple color for Nike. A bright, standout (or accent) color (just a hint, not on the whole sneaker), over plain neutral colors like black, white or grey, just plain "stand out" and looks good.

Best explanation by far. The recent retroes r crap though, there infra pink not red.

Back
Top Bottom