NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

I stand corrected. I knew that was a shoe kg was associated with but didn’t remember him having his own line.

he never had a logo or anything did he?

9F948C1F-C736-4BD4-95AD-4A39CB91AF43.jpeg

In my defense the I could have sworn the flight posite 2’s were stand-alone. I don’t recall the 1’s at all and really only remember the 2’s.

And to answer my own question it appears that he never had a logo.

hitman243 hitman243

pretty sure Nike owns it. Just like they own the Kawhi Klaw logo.

Last edited:
it's hilarious seeing everyone cry about nike ruining the kobe line, but y'all weren't buying protro 1s and 4s when they hit the outlets and were produced in bigger quantities. even chaos 5s were reselling for retail and below after they dropped. there's way too many people across all platforms complaining about not being able to buy any protro kobe's who weren't buying them at massive discounts before the tragedy.

it's hilarious seeing everyone cry about nike ruining the kobe line, but y'all weren't buying protro 1s and 4s when they hit the outlets and were produced in bigger quantities. even chaos 5s were reselling for retail and below after they dropped. there's way too many people across all platforms complaining about not being able to buy any protro kobe's who weren't buying them at massive discounts before the tragedy.
Buggin :lol:

A lot of us were though that’s the thing. The 5’s flew when the dropped. SOLD out on snkrs and pairs in store were basically just leftovers after that.

4’s were in outlets and were full price FOREVER, people were turned off by this because of the Tech “fiasco” 1’s were flying once they hit a certain price.

That was also the period was basketball shoes as a whole were down in sales.

The difference is that Kobe’s prior to the 6 were clearance bound originally. 90% of people didn’t care for Kobe’s before the grinches and even then it wasn’t until the 8 it really exploded. If he didn’t die and the pandemic didn’t hit, it would of been interesting to see if the 6 and beyond hit sales racks too. Nike did it backwards. They should of made less of the 1s cause they arent a fan favorite and make plenty of 5s and 6s which are all timers.

@ them lol

Attachments

• 501A8C93-7737-46CE-9BE3-B095C0F8DB55.jpeg
    501A8C93-7737-46CE-9BE3-B095C0F8DB55.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 741AA971-A283-44F1-B50B-04222DD4C9D2.jpeg
    741AA971-A283-44F1-B50B-04222DD4C9D2.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DD12BE7D-7D53-450A-BEBE-C1593907583A.jpeg
    DD12BE7D-7D53-450A-BEBE-C1593907583A.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 206
  • C48BCDAB-A2B0-4275-BFB6-B308D81A3E94.jpeg
    C48BCDAB-A2B0-4275-BFB6-B308D81A3E94.jpeg
    604.5 KB · Views: 529

A lot of us were though that’s the thing. The 5’s flew when the dropped. SOLD out on snkrs and pairs in store were basically just leftovers after that.

4’s were in outlets and were full price FOREVER, people were turned off by this because of the Tech “fiasco” 1’s were flying once they hit a certain price.

Nah… he’s basically speaking about people who aren’t interested enough to come to a place like NT and stress about not being able to cop/ resellers.

The undefeated 4’s weren’t going for that much over retail for months after they dropped. I got the Jade’s for $200 on stockX.

The draft day 4’s sat for an enternity.

POP 4’s just hit outlets at discount right before he died but they pulled them from shelves out of respect I suppose.

I got multiple pairs of the chaos 5’s that dropped 3 weeks before he died by just walking into footlocker and buying. FSR’s were sitting at a few stores.

Using a SNKRS “sellout” as a barometer for popularity is flawed.

The 1’s were under $100 at outlets.

Chaos were not in any stores around me in Florida and were an instant sell out, and were well over retail for my size (13). The whole Chaos’ sat, or were avail for retail, I never saw that

Chaos def flew.... if not that day... by weeks end in stores. They weren't even displayed on shelves.... you just knew they released and went and copped them

Chaos were not in any stores around me in Florida and were an instant sell out, and were well over retail for my size (13). The whole Chaos’ sat, or were avail for retail, I never saw that

Benefits of residing in Los Angeles I guess.

Nah… he’s basically speaking about people who aren’t interested enough to come to a place like NT and stress about not being able to cop/ resellers.

The undefeated 4’s weren’t going for that much over retail for months after they dropped. I got the Jade’s for $200 on stockX.

The draft day 4’s sat for an enternity.

POP 4’s just hit outlets at discount right before he died but they pulled them from shelves out of respect I suppose.

I got multiple pairs of the chaos 5’s that dropped 3 weeks before he died by just walking into footlocker and buying. FSR’s were sitting at a few stores.

Using a SNKRS “sellout” as a barometer for popularity is flawed.

The 1’s were under $100 at outlets.
Just stating that they sold out, i think you gotta do it shoe by shoe when talking about snkrs sell out. This i believe was an actual sellout because they never went on the normal site/app. and These were also a popular model/colorway with a lot of kobe shoe heads/fans.

I was able to get my pair the monday/Tuesday after they dropped. I do live in Southern California however.

Nike did pull ALL Kobe items out of respect when he passed. Everything but the mamba sneakers were FLYING.

Me personally, i was copping the colors i wanted badly. For Under Retail + Retail.

I think our main complaint here is, They knew most of this was gonna happen and basically Set them in front of us and said figure it out on your own.

I was lucky enough to be able to get The Pack and Grinches for retail but a lot people didn’t hit anything at all and it’s frustrating because a lot of them were (mainly the later 5’s and the 6’s were produced months after his death) you couldve came up with something to make sure it’s a better shot at least LOOKING like you guys were trying to do the right thing

I could've got more chaos v's from footlocker. Sent wife during her lunch break but they only had a Size 7 and 8 left. Rather than buy em up, I told her to pass since I knew it wasn't gonna fit me. This was maybe 2 weeks before his passing. Man, I should've been greedy but I guess it came back in the end. Was able to hit eybl, asg 6, undefeated packs, and hof's for retail. My size chaos v and 5 rings were pretty much retail oops and everything else I have was from goat/sx.

I do agree that Nike should've gameplanned better, but at the same time, I'm not surprised. It is Nike afterall and they want to keep the limited hype bs model. They should've been pumping em out at the chinese factories if they knew the contract expiration was coming up. They probably thought Vanessa was gonna resign without any issues

Kobe sat in Michigan. If it wasn’t a QS nobody wanted em. I oop’d multiple folks locally with the Chaos V’s. Ended up selling my personal pair like a goofy unfortunately lol.

let me clarify…MOST didn’t want them. Then again only a select few FTL’s got Kobe’s anyway.

protro 1s were sitting at outlets for $40-50 for months here all over LA and I had friends in other parts of the US seeing the same thing. I grabbed 2 pairs of 81s for $35 at my local outlet. chaos 5s were the only 5 to drop before he passed and they did sell out initially on SNKRS, but resale was always low except for size 13+. Guys in LA were reselling for "retail + ship" and couldn't move them.

The FLZ thing was never a big turn off among regular people and didn't affect sales. Even everyone here was annoyed, but nobody who really wanted them didn't cop because of it. I got my POP and carpe diem protro 4s on sale at fox hills mall a month after they released. the entire undefeated pack minus the purple pair was selling for under retail on the resale apps and locally here in LA facebook groups. nobody was buying them at all. every non og protro 4 hit outlets at a discount and didn't move units.

I love kobes and have a huge collection, but if we're being honest a majority of these pairs selling out now would be selling for retail or below if he hadn't passed. Only pairs like bruce lees, grinches, etc would have been hyped but the resale on those wouldn't even be as high as it is now without the tragedy. There just wasn't any demand for kobe's until he passed and everyone wanted a piece + resellers saw an opportunity to make money. the demand just wasn't there until he died unfortunately and even OG collectors weren't buying pairs at retail.

If folks weren't interested in those pairs, that's not an accurate reflection on the times we face now.

Kobe is gone and the climate is much different. So to say "stop crying now, because you weren't down before" isn't fair or accurate

If folks weren't interested in those pairs, that's not an accurate reflection on the times we face now.

Kobe is gone and the climate is much different. So to say "stop crying now, because you weren't down before" isn't fair or accurate
It’s not as unfair as you want it to be.

“Times we face now” and “climate is much different” = the value and demand for his shoes went up ONLY BECAUSE of his death.

Mind you, these kobes were released years before and the demand was somewhere in the middle to low interest and never at the top like other Nike sigs.

So saying some people weren’t interested before is very accurate.

And let’s just be real- Kobe’s look silly with jeans and that’s also a contributing factor to why interest in his line was always lukewarm. I’d even go as far as to say that a significant portion of folks that were interested in Kobe’s were more interested in the performance aspect of the shoes and playing in them than collecting or wearing with jeans.

I pretty much never had an issue buying kobes at retail prior to his death with like one or two exceptions being the original Grinch release and an undefeated collab.

Back
Top Bottom