Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

It was something that was tweeted out. They tweaked it and made it more golden like it was prior to the Nike switch but they’re getting more complaints from fans about it not being the correct shade.

I see they restocked quite a few sizes on fanatics of the Lebron city authentic. All except 52 and the size I need 56.

the current lakers jerseys aren't banana yellow, if you own one you'll see it's not that bad in person. show times lakers used the same color as well

the current lakers jerseys aren't banana yellow, if you own one you'll see it's not that bad in person. show times lakers used the same color as well

Bro I have the jersey from last season and the throwback gold shorts from the 97 season. They're a completely different color. Like its not even close.

And a throwback Magic for comparison as well.
20191127_153058.jpg
20191127_153312.jpg

The "gold" is a joke.

its part of the change :lol:

I wouldn't mind if they had kept it the same color but would be too similar to the ones worn in the 90's at that point

EDIT: Keep in mind the yellow M&N uses is incorrect, its damn near orange. The real ones are actually a lighter yellow

Yup, painfully regret selling my older run Kobe M&N

the new versions are so bad, no idea why they decided to change the colors to orange

Got the Wade authentic from NDC. Would have liked to get Herro but I can't do Swingmans. 5% cashback with my Chase is better than nothing

Do the Dr Pepper codes expire? I got one in October and just tried to use it and it’s saying it’s invalid. Not even 2 months ago.

Apparently they're going to address the banana yellow jerseys after this season.

I'm glad. I haven't copped much Nike Lakers because the bright yellow doesn't match with any of my other gear I owned before Nike took over.

Is it just me or nike is stupid? They said the wishbone on the lakers city jersey is a tribute to the 2000s jersey, but it’s not even the same wishbone. Those had a line under the “v” whereas these just have a “v” shape. More like a tribute to their 2017/18 jerseys.

DF7EED4A-1461-4D58-8A66-0731DDABD72C.jpeg 7DCA47B8-EB30-49A4-BF59-96A11EF69841.jpeg

If kobe’s black mamba jersey had a round collar I don’t see why Shaq’s couldn’t

Last edited:
Is it just me or nike is stupid? They said the wishbone on the lakers city jersey is a tribute to the 2000s jersey, but it’s not even the same wishbone. Those had a line under the “v” whereas these just have a “v” shape. More like a tribute to their 2017/18 jerseys.

DF7EED4A-1461-4D58-8A66-0731DDABD72C.jpeg 7DCA47B8-EB30-49A4-BF59-96A11EF69841.jpeg

If kobe’s black mamba jersey had a round collar I don’t see why Shaq’s couldn’t

Laziness on the details for sure. That goes for almost the entire city line this year though. I'm going to assume Kareem is next since they still salty with Jerry West. So hopefully a true showtime one for next season. The Kobe one has been by far the best one in the series so far.

Soooo it’s inspired by shaq yet they don’t have a shaq one for sale but they drop a Kobe 8/24 everytime we get a New Jersey makes sense :lol:

He's the most popular Laker ever so Nike will forever try and cash out on him.

Back
Top Bottom