Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Latest pickup…
176BE2C1-335C-4A4E-84CD-B4E0B9B002A7.jpeg
2DFA72B9-8730-4982-A473-B69A7542047B.jpeg

New 76ers jersey reminds me of the Expos uniforms.
I'm not turned off by it but that navy blue will take some getting used to.
Better mock-up. These ar e much better than the black from last year

Looking at some of the early reactions from the Twitter I used in my 1st quote above, it seems that people don't know their 76ers history. The team used a very similar font for their 1976 jerseys for the bicentennial. Here's the pic below.
Screenshot_20210927-220743.png

The one thing they did differently, is the side trim. Instead of the stars, they used those specific colors and I thought I saw them before. Then it hit me. The team is paying tribute to the old Spectrum, where those jerseys were used. The colors above are a small link to the colors the stadium used in it's marketing, albeit in a different order. See the old shirt you can buy below.

Black_dce053e9-5bb7-4cde-8f38-3b7f751afd78_2000x.jpg

I'm TOTALLY up for these. They did change the color to a darker blue, and that's okay. Love the font and the throwback link to the old Spectrum, which I loved is so cool. If they actually sell an authentic Embiid, I'd be down for it.

EDIT: The color pattern on the sides are a direct reproduction of the original 4-colors of the Spectrum logo from the old center court logo back in the day. Here's the pic.
FAT4TVfWEAYCvD6 (1).jpeg

These are fantastic. And so many people are bashing the side colors, and have ZERO clue it's from the Spectrum.

Last edited:
They need to go away from the wish bone and making it some prominent

ugly af

design is cool itself

the collar never really bothered me too much. I only buy Mavs stuff so I’m used to it I guess. I don’t really want a rebrand because I’ll spend so much money. Lol

the collar never really bothered me too much. I only buy Mavs stuff so I’m used to it I guess. I don’t really want a rebrand because I’ll spend so much money. Lol

The design is super dope! But like Bert. Bert. said it's the wishbone collar that I'm not a huge fan of (especially in a contrasting colour). A round neck would be perfect imo.

I can see those purple Lakers "Earned Edition" jersey coming to fruition... too bad it's obvious from the pics that those are fake swingmans doe.

So what happened to the Lakers going to their true “gold” jerseys? I thought after LeBrons first year someone from the org said Nike was working on getting the actual color right, but it’s still that banana highlighter yellow?

Or was that just some rumor

Folks were getting wish patches on ebay. But if he got the jersey from the Lakers store, they should have put it on for him.

Back
Top Bottom