Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Why does it look gray with orange and red? Is it like the blue dress that became viral?

OTOH, was last years pink jersey available in Authentic?

Nah, they didn't sell authentics in the pink Jersey which sucks.

Nike didn't sell authentics in the earned edition last season, just swingman.

BTW, has anyone ordered from the Spurs team store? I'm trying to find out if they sell their jerseys with the sponsorship patch.

Why does it look gray with orange and red? Is it like the blue dress that became viral?

That's just my dingy kitchen lighting. Jersey looks great but that stain is killing me. I'm tempted to grab some club soda and see what happens

Came in this morning and the first thing I noticed was a strain in the front.

IMG_20191202_114330.jpg

Don't know what it is but it's much more noticable in person. And of course NDC had no 48s left.

That's that bull****!

Fanatics full size run right now. Grab your 48 and return this!

Long rant about my OCD desire to copy Mike's 90s style at the gym:

So I've always digged the early 90s short shorts look before baggy took over and after I bought a pair of black Nike 5'' challenger running shorts, I stopped buying basketball shorts all together because they showed just enough of the compression. Then Nike got the NBA deal and during the initial rollout, I bought two pairs of authentic green Celtics shorts because I had a hunch that I wouldn't be able to find authentics for much longer. This season I only see home/away/City shorts in replicas online outside of a few on Nike.com.

Nevertheless, I've been buying replicas anyway and taking them to a tailor to achieve the desired length 5 1/2 - 6' (extreme, I know, but damn it, when I want something to look a certain way, I want it to look a certain way: kicks, suits, shorts, whatever, and folding the waistband is just uncomfortable). My tailor also put pockets in my authentic Cs and I love them. It seems like the vapor waistband from the first-year authentics are gone too smh. Because of the vapor waistband the Celtics pair is a size 38 (34 was too tight around my 33 waist) but all of the replicas are a 34 (Medium) and have a looser waistband.

Fanatics says they will ship the retro Grizz in January but the bear on the replicas looks lower than the height on the authentics the players are wearing. If I can't cut them short, I'll probably return them lol. I just got the Suns and am also thinking about using fabric paint or even just a marker to color the white parts yellow. I wish the suns incorporated yellow more in their scheme (like their new orange uniforms should have yellow suns on the shorts instead of white). What do you guys think, is it worth it? I know I sound crazy but if you know, you know... any Uniwatch or Conrad Burry heads?

*Also dissapointed the hot pink vice shorts were never sold even through every other colorway was but that's another story

Attachments

• michael-jordan-air-jordan-5-og-fire-red-1.jpg
    michael-jordan-air-jordan-5-og-fire-red-1.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 29
  • running.jpg
    running.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 32
  • celtics pocket.jpg
    celtics pocket.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 33
  • clips.jpg
    clips.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 36
  • suns 2.jpg
    suns 2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 36
  • heat 1.jpg
    heat 1.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 36
  • celtics waist.jpg
    celtics waist.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 33
  • lengths.jpg
    lengths.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 28
  • gr.jpg
    gr.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Grizz.jpg
    Grizz.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Fanatics have the wade authentic for those that need exchanges for stains

this Is the true color of the jersey

Attachments

• 0229369D-F01F-4690-BAA8-F433E2E28B19.jpeg
    0229369D-F01F-4690-BAA8-F433E2E28B19.jpeg
    468.4 KB · Views: 77
Can’t use dr pepper code on the wade jersey though...

Lì Qí Lì Qí didn’t u make a post like this a year or so ago?
Let’s just leave the boy shorts in the past lol

at least u wear compression shorts underneath

That's just my dingy kitchen lighting. Jersey looks great but that stain is killing me. I'm tempted to grab some club soda and see what happens

It is a weird combination, my PC turned into night mode and now I see it a bit more blue. I tell you, it's the dress all over again.
You should take advantage and buy it in Fanatics and return this one.
Nah, they didn't sell authentics in the pink Jersey which sucks.

Nike didn't sell authentics in the earned edition last season, just swingman.

BTW, has anyone ordered from the Spurs team store? I'm trying to find out if they sell their jerseys with the sponsorship patch.

Thanks. I liked the earned jerseys, but I prefer Authentic over Swingman.

Can’t use dr pepper code on the wade jersey though...

Lì Qí Lì Qí didn’t u make a post like this a year or so ago?
Let’s just leave the boy shorts in the past lol

at least u wear compression shorts underneath
Good memory. I will continue to be an advocate for short shorts gang. Skies out, thighs out:nthat:

Attachments

• 3162-694765Fr.jpg
    3162-694765Fr.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 19
  • barkleycharles2.jpg
    barkleycharles2.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 19
  • nike-air-tech-challenge-ii-cultural-history-5.jpg
    nike-air-tech-challenge-ii-cultural-history-5.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 372
  • 71Dlj06RPkL._SX466_.jpg
    71Dlj06RPkL._SX466_.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 373
I forgot who posted it but shout out to whoever gave the heads up for the WFC sale. I got this in today as well
6DFF6A66-D785-4FBD-8D86-CA16BEE872C2.jpeg
A702C736-E217-4EE2-AB1E-DEC979EF00F9.jpeg

Anybody get their jerseys in from Fanatics? I just opened my Embiid and there’s nothing on the back. No name, no number. I had to look it up to make sure that it wasn’t suppose to be like that.

2E5978D9-B676-4D7B-81E4-D5FFB94A6B9C.jpeg
03B604AC-B64E-4A2B-9EE0-2A488DD1C652.jpeg
Wow. I ordered the Embiid from fanatics. Got it on Saturday. Definitely was not like that though.

I dont wear jerseys mostly the Nike player number/name shirts but this cought me off guard.

20191205_003507.jpg

Edit: Lockerroom at the Galleria had the Nike HWC swingman shorts for those in Houston. So they do exist for anyone looking for them.

I dont wear jerseys mostly the Nike player number/name shirts but this cought me off guard.

20191205_003507.jpg

Edit: Lockerroom at the Galleria had the Nike HWC swingman shorts for those in Houston. So they do exist for anyone looking for them.

damn going to have to get to the Galleria then.

damn going to have to get to the Galleria then.

Havent been to Memorial city mall Lockerroom in a while (IMO it's a bigger store than the Galleria) everytime go to the Galleria location I can barely walk around it's so cram packed Deerbrook has a Lockeroom too (not sure which one is closer to you). If it's easier for you to get there. I'd call first though, cause this was about a week or two ago, but for sure Galleria had them. I thought they were M&N, but checked the tag and they were Nike.
20191102_144517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom