Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Question regarding authentic jerseys, what are the differences between an "authentic badge jersey" and "association edition"?

This is my Dirk from around 5 years ago. I got it signed “pretty rushed” at his celebrity baseball game. I have this and another jersey signed by him.

Attachments

• C20F5DD3-D202-4D6F-9FC6-37FBE1D3236A.jpeg
    C20F5DD3-D202-4D6F-9FC6-37FBE1D3236A.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 7C5EB6C0-6F0E-4301-B3EA-CE6662CBBD48.jpeg
    7C5EB6C0-6F0E-4301-B3EA-CE6662CBBD48.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 344
We will need to be careful if we buy Lakers authentics next season. Nike is selling the jersey with 16x champs patch, and now they should change it.
Maybe the actual authentics will need to be sold with some discounts.
It happened the same to Warriors ones.
I remember getting a KD one with 5x.champs patch even after they had won the 6th ring.

We will need to be careful if we buy Lakers authentics next season. Nike is selling the jersey with 16x champs patch, and now they should change it.
Maybe the actual authentics will need to be sold with some discounts.
It happened the same to Warriors ones.
I remember getting a KD one with 5x.champs patch even after they had won the 6th ring.

nike is producing and selling next seasons stuff already. The white I have is from next season technically. We might not get a 17 until the restocks

If they didn't make ja morant vancouver authentics, I'm doubtful that they'll make tye-die authentics. Copped the durant incase they don't.

If you buy a swing man you could always buy the authentic later. I have like 5 royal blue Dirk jerseys lol.

The nets shorts up too on east bay . I think Im going to get the Durant and return the kyrie. Was holding hope for an authentic but all signs point to no.

Kemba authentic came in (don’t worry, I’ll never be that guy who wears the whole uni anywhere) unless if there is an adult Halloween function this year 😂 But I wanna get rid of the numbers and NOB and just keep the Boston, so I’ll let y’all know if a tailor can pull it off...
F0E4A26A-4F2C-4A74-BB12-BAB2359D1FDC.jpeg
E335F17E-497C-4B56-96B1-99563A0EEB13.jpeg

Update:

Tailor was able to take everything I wanted off but the glue on the front #8 won't budge much. I ironed it in between scrubbing it with 100% acetone with a toothbrush for hours and took it to the cleaners so they could scrub it and this is where I'm at. I may put it in the washer a few times but I'll either rock it like this or take it to a custom embroidery spot to get the letter R (for my first name) stitched over the 8 and say it was my plan to customize it that way all along lol. Maybe fabric paint at Lowes? I don't know, one thing for sure though, is that authentics look and feel amazing. The green, the BOSTON, the double piping, it's a timeless look and yet the Nike cut gives it a fresh modern edge. I really wish Nike sold replica tanks like this, everting on the jersey but NOB and numbers. #Banner18 on the way, hopefully.

DSC_0996.jpg
DSC_1004.jpg
DSC_1005_1_81.jpg
DSC_1004edit.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1003.jpg
    DSC_1003.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0986.jpg
    DSC_0986.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 384
ij so confused, you bought a kemba authentic just to strip it?

why not grab a cheap Kyrie authentic on ebay and go that route? :lol:
Yeah. The way Danny Ainge and the league is, there’s really no guarantee anyone on the roster will be here for 20 years but I really like how they made the switch to the green jersey saying BOSTON instead of CELTICS, so I wanted to do this with an authentic before the league slaps more sponsors on them. Rather deal with working on one glue stain (one number eight) instead of two (11).

ij so confused, you bought a kemba authentic just to strip it?

why not grab a cheap Kyrie authentic on ebay and go that route? :lol:

Lol, I don't get the point of stripping a jersey in the first place, but whatever

Lol, I don't get the point of stripping a jersey in the first place, but whatever

out of the new Nike ones, the only one that might be worth stripping would be the black mamba ball jersey. It was cheap a bit ago and I don’t know if anyone can customize it, but it would be worth it

Well basically, all I’m really interested in is a glorified tank and the quality of an authentic. I bought a Kyrie t, he told Celtics fans during a fam night, “if you’ll have me, I’d like to come back” and we know how that turned out. The way the league is right now, there’s no guarantee that a player is sticking around long term, so I said let me get an authentic and make it work no matter who’s the n the squad. I like it without numbers and NOB. The big bold BOSTON is what I love the most.

Last edited:

Lebron with finals patch I can’t pay 175 for a swingman.

Lebron with finals patch I can’t pay 175 for a swingman.

The patch was like 10 bucks, that's a ripoff

Back
Top Bottom