Nike Spark Flyknit 1

38AB2780-6B37-4E27-8C9F-FB2825795FF7.jpeg
A23EA26B-4B16-4912-B52E-BEAC5FB017D3.jpeg

The Swoosh hasn’t confirmed any information regarding the running-informed model, but images thus far have led netizens to believe Nike Spark refers to the new sole unit setup found on the upcoming release. A molded spring plate sits wedged between two types of foam (traditional Nike React isn’t included), falling inline with the highly-lauded ZoomX StreakFly, which replaced a carbon fiber propulsion component for a springy, thermoplastic panel. Uppers are primarily constructed from tried-and-proven Flyknit material, as have some of the most successful performance silhouettes from the North American sportswear giant over the past decade. The layered, minimally-branded top-half gives the Spark Flyknit a futuristic aesthetic reminiscent of Nike ISPA, but future propositions donning the stacked cushioning may undertake more traditional looks. For now, fans will have to do with the debut light brown optio

Starting to get some more colors.

Might be my favourite new Flyknit silhouette in awhile. Tempted to score a pair when they release, but the lack of hype has me thinking I might be able to wait for these to hit sale racks.

overseas drop the 30th so hopefully it isn’t too hard and there’s spots that don’t restrict shipping to us in the states

Damn. Woke up, logged on for the SNKRS drop in Canada/Europe fully expecting to get my pair with ease. Nope. Sold out. Was not expecting that at all.

Damn. Woke up, logged on for the SNKRS drop in Canada/Europe fully expecting to get my pair with ease. Nope. Sold out. Was not expecting that at all.

expect the same for US drop.
YME had sizes up for a good while but no shipping outside of europe and naked dropped with shipping to the states but small sizes only

prices seem to have dropped a bit on resell so think that at least future CWs will be a bit easier and could be had below retail

edit: dang looks like end dropped with sizes still available and also dsm, but my size oos

Last edited:
I’m super interested in these but dunno if they’ll wreck my flat feet.

Why is there zero buzz?

8CAE695E-14B7-4599-B5A1-BEDC2829E425.jpeg

Had these for couple weeks now. Got to say it’s one damn good looking shoe but not at all as comfy as you’d expect.

It’s a lot heavier than you’d think as well. Definitely not a running shoe in case anyone is wondering lol

FYI - go up 0.5. Fit is like huarache.

I feel like all the hoopla around this new midsole is a gimmick. It looks the business but not comfy. Good walking around shoe I guess but don’t expect insane cushioning. They should have put a softer layer of foam directly under the foot then the tpu plate and then the harder density foam on the bottom.

8CAE695E-14B7-4599-B5A1-BEDC2829E425.jpeg

Had these for couple weeks now. Got to say it’s one damn good looking shoe but not at all as comfy as you’d expect.

It’s a lot heavier than you’d think as well. Definitely not a running shoe in case anyone is wondering lol

FYI - go up 0.5. Fit is like huarache.

I feel like all the hoopla around this new midsole is a gimmick. It looks the business but not comfy. Good walking around shoe I guess but don’t expect insane cushioning. They should have put a softer layer of foam directly under the foot then the tpu plate and then the harder density foam on the bottom.

Oh man, that’s disappointing. Thanks for the review. Had high hopes for these, but now it sounds like a shoe I’d only cop on sale.

They're not bad, I could give you a whole list of shoes that are far more uncomfortable lol
What I meant was, for me personally, it doesn't live up to my expectations, but maybe because I'm always running in the best running shoes so my feet have been spoilt :wink:

Saying that though, I'm still looking to buy the Mowabb colourway of this shoe if it ever releases! Just because I love that colourway and this is a pretty good looking shoe on foot.

MRBW MRBW any comparison to zoomx or react? you might’ve saved me some money if the comfort isn’t as great as they seem

I’m still trying to understand what the shoe is about. It’s not a runner so it’s a lifestyle or walking shoe? Ik nobody liked joyride but I found them to be really good walking shoes maybe these are like that?

I’m still trying to understand what the shoe is about. It’s not a runner so it’s a lifestyle or walking shoe? Ik nobody liked joyride but I found them to be really good walking shoes maybe these are like that?

no marketing coming from the run team so these are definitely a casual/lifestyle shoe.

joyrides we’re definitely aimed to be a running shoe that flopped but i did find them comfy enough as everyday casual/gym shoes

no marketing coming from the run team so these are definitely a casual/lifestyle shoe.

joyrides we’re definitely aimed to be a running shoe that flopped but i did find them comfy enough as everyday casual/gym shoes
Yeah and that’s where I think Nike messed up, there is a market for walkers sometimes people are injured or just cant run or jog. Joyride should’ve been marketed as a walking shoe…

MRBW MRBW any comparison to zoomx or react? you might’ve saved me some money if the comfort isn’t as great as they seem
On par with react perhaps, but slightly firmer with that tpu plate installed. completely 100% lifestyle shoe not running. Good walking shoe I guess. Personally I prefer slightly firmer shoes to walk in than mushy shoes but agree that the looks of this shoe is deceiving and lack of information is annoying

They're not bad, I could give you a whole list of shoes that are far more uncomfortable lol
What I meant was, for me personally, it doesn't live up to my expectations, but maybe because I'm always running in the best running shoes so my feet have been spoilt :wink:

Saying that though, I'm still looking to buy the Mowabb colourway of this shoe if it ever releases! Just because I love that colourway and this is a pretty good looking shoe on foot.

I love running in my Zoomx Invincible Run Flyknit. They are literally the most cushioned shoes I've ever ran in. How do the Sparks compare to them?

I loved the joyride. Too bad I didn't get hip to them until they were phasing out of inventories. I caught a pair on sale at DSG for like $59 after my rewards discount and copped on a whim. Was one of my better impulse purchases.

Back
Top Bottom