NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

Nike Air Zoom SuperRep 2

1607004630879.png

The Nike Air Zoom SuperRep 2 is designed for high-intensity interval training (HIIT) in group classes or solo sessions. This second version comes with two updated features for a better fit: a fully adjustable, burrito-style tongue and a roomier forefoot.

The SuperRep 2 evolves an important facet of modern fitness — training as sport — and the idea that it's deserving of footwear designed to support the performance needs specific to these movements. That’s why the shoe keeps the tech from the original SuperRep, like the forefoot Zoom Air units for pop on jumps, a reinforced rand to brace against lateral bounds and a flexible “burpee break” for everyone’s favorite total-body punisher.

The Nike Air Zoom SuperRep 2 releases December 10 in China, December 26 throughout EMEA and January 4 globally.

NikeNews_NikeAirZoomSuperRep2_Womens_4_native_1600.jpg

NikeNews_NikeAirZoomSuperRep2_Mens_7_original.jpg

NikeNews_NikeAirZoomSuperRep2_Mens_4_original.jpg

The improvements they made on the Super Rep 2 are nice and sounds like they listened to feedback. At least for me and the reason why I returned the shoe was the fit. It about squeezed my foot off in the forefoot.

same here, they didnt have to make the upper extremely tight to secure your foot

looking forward to giving it another shot

I want to buy into the Super Rep again especially with the improved fit but its kinda ridiculous to have to switch between shoes for workouts. Would rather just stick with the always reliable and dependable Metcon for everything.

Just following up on my summer purchase of my SuperReps, unfortunately after 6-8 months of use strictly for HIIT and nothing more, they began tearing at the medial side near the mid foot area

they were a flyknit upper but I wasn’t expecting them to rip like they did. I’ve done just about the same in a pair of FKR’s several times and they’ve held up better than tbese

long story short I reached out to Nike b/c I was disappointed and they were able to issue me a refund, in which I used the difference to purchase a pair of SuperRep 2’s. Hopefully these last me way longer than the SuperReps did

828DF5A1-9B6A-4D82-A0A0-0EFDCB2DFC49.jpeg

Finger poking through on the second pic
E18A9038-12B6-4EB3-8D24-1F8A86F310A4.jpeg

love it that nike stands up their product, just bought some Zoom SuperReps 2 since they are discounted down on NDC, $67 for the blk/gry cw

1622488528319.png

also to those that love ZoomX, the ZoomX SuperRep Surge is $58 on NDC when you add it to the cart there an extra 25% off so it goes down to $43 for this cw + 6% cashback via rakuten

(the other cw are on sale with an extra 25% off too but it doesnt go as low as this cw)

1622488128354.png

Last edited:
i like em both, for the price, theyre keepers

the superrep go are insanely stable, it feels impossible to turn your ankle in em

the surge with zoomx is super comfortable and i actually like how it looks, can be worn casually and be on foot all day with them

A944BBCE-71CF-4F0F-8AB7-84A3083484E4.jpeg

476EFC2E-D447-4409-9465-0F8AD47AB2EB.jpeg

rfx45 rfx45 - have you used the SuperRep Surges for HIIT workouts yet? If so, how are they? Ordered them also for $44, but I'm curious how they are compared to the suggested SuperRep Go. MrKDes MrKDes other than the durability issue, how were the shoes for HIIT workouts?

rfx45 rfx45 - have you used the SuperRep Surges for HIIT workouts yet? If so, how are they? Ordered them also for $44, but I'm curious how they are compared to the suggested SuperRep Go. MrKDes MrKDes other than the durability issue, how were the shoes for HIIT workouts?

i loved them for HIIT. I got rid of my metcons for them. Since I’m on the heavy side, I needed something with enough cushion for impact (box jumps, jump squats, etc) and they definitely checked off the box

just wished they never ripped like they did. I have the SR2’s and theyve held up pretty well so far.

MrKDes MrKDes - right on for the insight! I was thinking of getting the SR Go 2s for outdoor HIIT training/battle rope workouts. Right now, it's a bit of the price ($44 for the SR Surge) vs. suitability (potentially the SR Go). For my in-home workouts, I've been using the Free Metcon 3s.

Metcons really are the best Nike has to offer. Only thing I couldn’t do it serious runs with them.

Ive used them a couple of times and i like em, super bouncy while not being extremely tall and unstable like the usual zoomx, its bouncy but also kind of feels close to the ground

ive also done low impact body weight leg works (tiometrics from p90x3) i really loved it for that, its more stable and balanced for single leg squats and lunges

i havent try the go though and i think for true explosive plyos, it might be better but for HIIT with a good mix, id say you cant go wrong with either

if there are some quick sprints involved though, the surge would be my pick

Back
Top Bottom