Nike what are we paying for?

These are the specs for the $140 Lebron vi's a year ago.

1.Wide synthetic-leather rand provides lateral stability during quick
cuts and jumps.
2. Synthetic-leather upper for an enhanced fit and durability.
3. Milk-crate-patterned soft TPU strap at the Achilles to make it
easier for your foot to enter the shoe.
4. Dual collars provide extra cushioning, support and style around
the ankle area. Graffiti graphics on the interior of the collar and
sockliner represent LeBron's signature style.
5. Full innersleeve provides a secure lock-down fit.
6. Dual tongues for excellent fit and added comfort. The lion head,
"VI" and milk crate graphics on the outer tongue add unique
storytelling elements.
7. Molded eyelets for durability and a touch of style.
8. Black and white-colored traditional lacing system offers a secure
fit for your foot and a pop of color on the court.
9. Synthetic-leather midfoot strap and overlay around the toe box
help secure your foot in the shoe and enhance the fit.

MIDSOLE
10. Nike Zoom unit in the heel for lightweight and responsive
cushioning and comfort where you need it most.
11. Carbon-fiber cup with clear TPU in the heel for stability, comfort
and an interesting design detail.
12. Phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning and enhances
comfort.
13. Full-length Nike Zoom unit for the ultimate, responsive ride.

13a. Double stacked Zoom

OUTSOLE
14. Large cut-out in the midfoot for reduced weight and a unique
look.
15. Non-traditional, milk-crate-patterned outsole optimizes traction
and reduces weight.

These are the Specs for the Kobe V $130

Next-generation Flywire Technology is more durable and offers better dynamic fit and lighter weight. Perforated foam mesh composite tongue provides more comfort and breathability. Added abrasion resistance in the tip and forefoot by second layer skins. Heel construction gives better conformance to the foot while maintaining superior stability. Dual counter (internal and external) and fabric collar. Perforated vamp and quarter delivers better breathability. Heartbeat traction pattern tells the story of heart and dedication in the game, as well as cardiovascular training. Flex groove pattern on the outsole gives great transition from medial to lateral as well as from heel toe. Cushioning is provided by 6mm Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] unit in the forefoot and 14mm Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] unit in the heel. Extremely sculpted midsole helps the entire shoe fit better to the athlete's foot anatomy. Outsole provides great traction and durability with strategically placed outrigger and minimal wrapping in the heel.

I love both shoes but my lebrons are built like a tank for 10 dollars more than the kobes, with Nike going in the lighter direction(stingy on the zoom) for 2011 none of the new shoes should cost over $85
can somebody please tell me why the low top kobe v's are $130? You can probally make 5 pair of kobe v's with the zoom in the lebron vi's

These are the specs for the $140 Lebron vi's a year ago.

1.Wide synthetic-leather rand provides lateral stability during quick
cuts and jumps.
2. Synthetic-leather upper for an enhanced fit and durability.
3. Milk-crate-patterned soft TPU strap at the Achilles to make it
easier for your foot to enter the shoe.
4. Dual collars provide extra cushioning, support and style around
the ankle area. Graffiti graphics on the interior of the collar and
sockliner represent LeBron's signature style.
5. Full innersleeve provides a secure lock-down fit.
6. Dual tongues for excellent fit and added comfort. The lion head,
"VI" and milk crate graphics on the outer tongue add unique
storytelling elements.
7. Molded eyelets for durability and a touch of style.
8. Black and white-colored traditional lacing system offers a secure
fit for your foot and a pop of color on the court.
9. Synthetic-leather midfoot strap and overlay around the toe box
help secure your foot in the shoe and enhance the fit.

MIDSOLE
10. Nike Zoom unit in the heel for lightweight and responsive
cushioning and comfort where you need it most.
11. Carbon-fiber cup with clear TPU in the heel for stability, comfort
and an interesting design detail.
12. Phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning and enhances
comfort.
13. Full-length Nike Zoom unit for the ultimate, responsive ride.

13a. Double stacked Zoom

OUTSOLE
14. Large cut-out in the midfoot for reduced weight and a unique
look.
15. Non-traditional, milk-crate-patterned outsole optimizes traction
and reduces weight.

These are the Specs for the Kobe V $130

Next-generation Flywire Technology is more durable and offers better dynamic fit and lighter weight. Perforated foam mesh composite tongue provides more comfort and breathability. Added abrasion resistance in the tip and forefoot by second layer skins. Heel construction gives better conformance to the foot while maintaining superior stability. Dual counter (internal and external) and fabric collar. Perforated vamp and quarter delivers better breathability. Heartbeat traction pattern tells the story of heart and dedication in the game, as well as cardiovascular training. Flex groove pattern on the outsole gives great transition from medial to lateral as well as from heel toe. Cushioning is provided by 6mm Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] unit in the forefoot and 14mm Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] unit in the heel. Extremely sculpted midsole helps the entire shoe fit better to the athlete's foot anatomy. Outsole provides great traction and durability with strategically placed outrigger and minimal wrapping in the heel.

I love both shoes but my lebrons are built like a tank for 10 dollars more than the kobes, with Nike going in the lighter direction(stingy on the zoom) for 2011 none of the new shoes should cost over $85
can somebody please tell me why the low top kobe v's are $130? You can probally make 5 pair of kobe v's with the zoom in the lebron vi's

It's all about what the market dictates. In other words it's more about what people will pay for them rather than the actual material is used.

It's all about what the market dictates. In other words it's more about what people will pay for them rather than the actual material is used.

the 1st word in the topic and the 8th word into your post, that's what you're paying for.

the 1st word in the topic and the 8th word into your post, that's what you're paying for.

Nike charges what they think the market will bear and they have a pretty good feel for what that is since they're still making money. every single person on here, including myself, helps Nike think that they are charging about the correct amount for what they're selling, because no matter how much we complain about their prices we are still buying what they're selling.

this topic comes up from time to time on here and what was true then concerning economics is still true today.

Nike charges what they think the market will bear and they have a pretty good feel for what that is since they're still making money. every single person on here, including myself, helps Nike think that they are charging about the correct amount for what they're selling, because no matter how much we complain about their prices we are still buying what they're selling.

this topic comes up from time to time on here and what was true then concerning economics is still true today.

i can sympathize. nike did skimp big time on the forefoot zoom in the kobe 5. the heel zoom is nice, but so much of basketball is played on your toes that i was kinda surprised at the miniature nickel sized forefoot zoom unit.

i can sympathize. nike did skimp big time on the forefoot zoom in the kobe 5. the heel zoom is nice, but so much of basketball is played on your toes that i was kinda surprised at the miniature nickel sized forefoot zoom unit.

I think you need to look at shoes the same way you look at any consumer packaged good ... design cost, process, materials (its not like it was when leather & rubber were the only materials on a shoe) freight (gas ain't cheap any more ... air freight & boats cost $$$) then you have to figure that there is a marketing component to is as well ... think would cats that want Purple Label, Prada, Gucci, LV, Ferragamo want it if it were low price?

I wouldn't sweat it ... if the new ones don't work for you get 2 pair of the old ones
smile.gif

Just my thoughts ...

I think you need to look at shoes the same way you look at any consumer packaged good ... design cost, process, materials (its not like it was when leather & rubber were the only materials on a shoe) freight (gas ain't cheap any more ... air freight & boats cost $$$) then you have to figure that there is a marketing component to is as well ... think would cats that want Purple Label, Prada, Gucci, LV, Ferragamo want it if it were low price?

I wouldn't sweat it ... if the new ones don't work for you get 2 pair of the old ones
smile.gif

Just my thoughts ...

Back
Top Bottom