Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About to unDS??? Nah homie these are now unDS 😂 and I don’t want to hear that people try sneakers on in the store BS.
I was too tired to argue yesterday, but today I'm up. How is trying on a sneaker in the store still ds, but not in the house? What's your rationale?

I did find it weird jerry just didn’t do unlimited orders for 24hrs(or shorter or longer) or something like most brands and his friends are doing.

seemed like his brand Integrity and image was more important than the cause.
I get it.

Just don’t try to sugarcoat all the hype post and stuff like it’s all out of the purity of your heart

I did make sure to donate to the fund his sales were going too the night before :lol:

but it would’ve been a good way to get kids to donate $100 bucks a head

Yeah, that George Floyd shirt being super limited is foul IMO. Gonna turn something for such a cause and cultural moment into another hyped piece? I personally didn’t like the shirt, but like some have already said, every other brand with such shirts have been making them timed preorders. You can’t tell me Jerry couldn’t produce more if needed, and the more money raised the better obviously.

I think he mentioned they were using the blanks they had left. It is what it is. I would’ve loved if he did pre order. Same way if preme did da murukami pre order. Raise more money and also kill resale. Everybody wins. But that makes too much sense

So I was able to grab a pair of 11.5 off eBay for 430. Had a -10 coupon. New triple blacks

Resized_20200605_193344.jpeg

Yerrrrrrr
Did you go true to size? They look great.

Run out of fabric lol. Dude is based in LA. With all the different brands on the shirt. They could’ve found a quality blank.

also with a pre order that would’ve allowed them time to go and get their fabric or something they liked and cut their pattern. Since even tho all the brands are on the back, he so badly wants it to be a fear of god product .

Does anyone own a FG shirt that can speak about the quality? Those go for around $200, wonder if the GF is the same quality.

The shirts are okay. $100 is probably a much more reasonable price than 200 for the quality.

I do love fear of god heavy terry products though! Bread and butter

Run out of fabric lol. Dude is based in LA. With all the different brands on the shirt. They could’ve found a quality blank.

also with a pre order that would’ve allowed them time to go and get their fabric or something they liked and cut their pattern. Since even tho all the brands are on the back, he so badly wants it to be a fear of god product.

All of this.

Plus, if he wanted to make this shirt widely available and a statement for the masses, he could have offered it as part of his Essentials line as well.

I’ll stick up for Jerry. Y’all being way way way too harsh on someone who ultimately is going to make a large donation for the cause. It’s his brand that he worked hard for to establish, it’s not terrible for him to care about keeping a certain cool/limited aura that is necessary in luxury streetwear. Redirect your criticism to countless of rich people who are doing absolutely nothing.

And anyone who was reselling Kobe stuff the day he passed away or during his memorial is trash, I don’t care what excuse you come up for them. And I wasn’t even a Kobe fan like that. Just have some humanity and decency.

I’ll stick up for Jerry. Y’all being way way way too harsh on someone who ultimately is going to make a large donation for the cause. It’s his brand that he worked hard for to establish, it’s not terrible for him to care about keeping a certain cool/limited aura that is necessary in luxury streetwear. Redirect your criticism to countless of rich people who are doing absolutely nothing.

And anyone who was reselling Kobe stuff the day he passed away or during his memorial is trash, I don’t care what excuse you come up for them. And I wasn’t even a Kobe fan like that. Just have some humanity and decency.

You’re right about donating something vs nothing but Jerry has a history of an elitist mentality. He can run his business as he sees fit but I see brands like Brain Dead out here hitting six-digits in sales off various merch with profits going towards BLM affiliates and their brand isn’t taking any kind of hit. In fact, it’s hotter than ever. Different strokes for different folks but Jerry hasn’t wavered from his stance no matter the cause. Some praise it some don’t.

I totally agree with you on the Kobe stuff. I was hanging with a bunch of friends when news came out about his passing. I went straight to eBay and SX just to see how foul people were being, as I know how the current culture is. And to my NOT surprise, people were instantly trying to make a profit. Foul.
As for being harsh towards Jerry, whether he’s making a donation (which is good) or not is beside the point here. If there truly is a limit of fabric, I understand. Hell, selling 20 shirts for a cause is better than selling zero shirts. But if making money for a cause is the most important reason for selling something, keeping the aura of it being cool/limited amongst luxury street wear should be the least important thing. Again, something is better than nothing, and sure, he’s doing more than a lot, but I think if anyone prioritizes keeping their coolness or exclusivity ahead of the raising of funds for any charity, it’s kind of wack. And I HIGHLY doubt that if Jerry sold a million shirts for a charity, people are gonna be like “his brand isn’t as cool or exclusive or luxury anymore.” I understand that there has to be a limit to the amount he could sell though, as technically anyone donating is losing that money, but artificially and extremely limiting a supply to feed into hype and demand and brand recognition and such, especially when we’re talking about raising for a cause, is the iffy thing for me.

h-n-t-w-m-n h-n-t-w-m-n That’s fair. I do wonder how much of the critiques are coming from people who are just frustrated they couldn’t get the shirt to wear (that’s understandable) or to resell (eff them). The criticism seems too strong in my eyes, as an outsider who cares more about the cause than wearing the shirt or getting the resell profit.

j mobile j mobile Do we know how many shirts were sold? The amount would definitely sway my opinion.

We’re all entitled to our opinions, but Jerry gets the benefit-of-the-doubt in regards to running his business as he sees fit, considering how successful he’s been. Obviously selling more shirts would mean a bigger donation right now. But having a strong business can mean more jobs and more donations in the future, more ability to do much more good in the long run. His product is very expensive. A lot of people who pay those prices demand the exclusivity. I don’t think his decision is unreasonable or worthy of the strong criticism. Again, knowing the quantity of shirts may sway my opinion.

j mobile j mobile Do we know how many shirts were sold? The amount would definitely sway my opinion.

We’re all entitled to our opinions, but Jerry gets the benefit-of-the-doubt in regards to running his business as he sees fit, considering how successful he’s been. Obviously selling more shirts would mean a bigger donation right now. But having a strong business can mean more jobs and more donations in the future, more ability to do much more good in the long run. His product is very expensive. A lot of people who pay those prices demand the exclusivity. I don’t think his decision is unreasonable or worthy of the strong criticism. Again, knowing the quantity of shirts may sway my opinion.
True, I don’t know the quantity sold, and knowing the quantity would give more information on the situation in general. I’m personally not into FOG clothing, but is the expensive nature of his clothes due to their quality? I know brand name has some part of that, but is the sht like handmade in Europe? Honest question. I give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of whatever decisions he makes in the industry he’s so successful in. But again, him being so big, I’m pretty sure him selling more shirts (again assuming he artificially limited supply) would in no way negatively affect his brand or business. One thing though, is that all the money went to George Floyd’s daughter’s trust fund. Seeing as it had already raised $1.4 million before these shirts even sold, maybe he didn’t want or need to raise tons more for a trust fund for a little girl. If I were him I’d do the same thing when thinking of where the money went. If it went to like a general foundation or fund or organization, that aided lots of people, as opposed to a single person who already had lots raised for them, I personally would THEN want to raise tons more. At the end of the day though, I appreciate ANY contributions.

In other Jerry news though, are we really sure that he is done with Nike FOG stuff? I hope not, as I’d love to see what other shoe models he could create with the brand.

Back
Top Bottom