Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

IMG_20200614_164635.jpg

update. FAILED AUTHENTICATION yet again at Stockx. They're receiving another pair tomorrow. If this fails I'm not buying an OW5's price getting outta hand.

Glad goat has been pretty good at catching the fakes as well. The past two orders have both been failed due to reps being sent in (yeezy black reflective and ow chi). They're currently searching for a replacement for my ow chi but I doubt they find a legit one at the price mine was accepted at. Guess it wasn't meant to be, but I have a good chunk of money back in the account now. I was scrambling to off a lot of stuff sitting in my closet to cover most of the cost of the ow chi.

Glad goat has been pretty good at catching the fakes as well. The past two orders have both been failed due to reps being sent in (yeezy black reflective and ow chi). They're currently searching for a replacement for my ow chi but I doubt they find a legit one at the price mine was accepted at. Guess it wasn't meant to be, but I have a good chunk of money back in the account now. I was scrambling to off a lot of stuff sitting in my closet to cover most of the cost of the ow chi.

What did you drop on the OW Chis? I know you wear a 9 so that's a hefty price.

Be honest, at $4300, how often do you plan on wearing them. I've always wondered that about people who drop that much on a pair of sneakers.
Honestly, never. It would've gone into the display cabinet. I know people will say "wear your shoes," which is true, but for that much money, I don't think I could. This, along with the FTB Kobe 11, are my grails and I would probably toss those to be displayed along with some other Kobe stuff I got like the spalding ball and an authentic jersey that I bought a couple months prior to his death.

Honestly, never. It would've gone into the display cabinet. I know people will say "wear your shoes," which is true, but for that much money, I don't think I could. This, along with the FTB Kobe 11, are my grails and I would probably toss those to be displayed along with some other Kobe stuff I got like the spalding ball and an authentic jersey that I bought a couple months prior to his death.

Ok, just wondering. I wonder if others who dropped that resale do the same.
I think if I dropped $4000+ on a pair that retailed for $190 I wouldn't be able to wear them either - but that's also why I personally wouldn't buy them. My mindset is that with $4000+ I can buy a couple of other dope sneakers for resale that I would actually wear.

Ok, just wondering. I wonder if others who dropped that resale do the same.
I think if I dropped $4000+ on a pair that retailed for $190 I wouldn't be able to wear them either - but that's also why I personally wouldn't buy them. My mindset is that with $4000+ I can buy a couple of other dope sneakers for resale that I would actually wear.
I also probably would never drop that on a single pair. Prior to this, my most expensive pair was the ow unc and I bought that for 1800. But my mindset was to sell my other pair of uncs which was way too big (size 11), but managed to grab for retail on the snkrs shock drop. The only way I could justify the OW Chi would be to off a ton of shoes I have in my collection that are either collecting dust or hardly getting thrown in the rotation anymore. I probably won't be trying for another ow chi anymore. Just scary thinking that reps are so close and maybe the authenticator lets one slide through. Then I'd be screwed with a 4-5k rep

My wife thought I was crazy when I got my AHE’s a few months ago.

After seeing the prices now I regret not buying two pairs of them—lol.

Sail/Muslin 4s aren’t for me, but good luck to those that are after them. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that those Blk Cement 4s actually drop.

Back
Top Bottom