Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Only took a few years to finally get a protro 5, and excited to finally make it happen!
IMG_0875 copy.jpeg

I grabbed my pair like a week after they dropped from a Foot Locker in Phoenix. The Carpe Diem IVs that I got earlier that year had sat for weeks. Man how times have changed…
For sure. I remember going into a Footlocker here in Denver and it was a wall full of Kobe Vs, tons of color ways, tried them all on. I wanted the POP Away but my wife got me the USAs - balled in those a ton and still have them! In today's world I don't think I've ever seen a Kobe in-store ever, as times have indeed changed.

Still my all-time favorite Kobe. Went through three pairs of the OGs just wearing them casually (not a very durable shoe due to the upper materials), and still have two pairs of the protros, one DS, one lightly worn.
Nice! What color ways - all chaos? This is my first chaos pair. Still have the original USA and Fade to Black pair when they came out. Vs are my favorite and I'd love to have them all to wear. Maybe some day.

Nice! What color ways - all chaos? This is my first chaos pair. Still have the original USA and Fade to Black pair when they came out. Vs are my favorite and I'd love to have them all to wear. Maybe some day.

This is what I was i wish they’d retro the most, full zoom V. I still don’t get why Nike switched to half zoom half foam on the V and VI. It’s gotta be cheaper.

I meant specifically the chaos V.

Only took a few years to finally get a protro 5, and excited to finally make it happen!
IMG_0875 copy.jpeg
I will take on all the Bruce Lee cw lovers and say it out load, this is the best cw that the 5's have!

...not really, I don't want to fight anyone and it's just my autistic *** brain wanting to go with more neutral colors 😅 i love the Bruce Lee's too and they look great, just can't see myself ever rocking such an loud colorway :smile:

Perfect example of this; I got the "Georgetown" Air Max 97's for 50 euros last summer, had to sell them since they were too distracting to me with their colorblocking 😅

This is what I was i wish they’d retro the most, full zoom V. I still don’t get why Nike switched to half zoom half foam on the V and VI. It’s gotta be cheaper.
It was also the setup for the Kobe 1’s and Huarache 2k4’s I believe. Kobe liked that Met Bag for the forefoot Zoom. Maybe he felt it slowed him down as some feel Zoom Air is too mushy depending on the shoe and personal preferences.

5’s are so dope

Still regret selling my inline’s a few months before his passing. Figured I’d scoop some protros, never foreseeing what would happen and how hard it would be to cop

Back
Top Bottom