Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Bonus pic of all my Vs.

Attachments

• EADE729F-F716-4A4D-879C-0EA148BB475C.jpeg
    EADE729F-F716-4A4D-879C-0EA148BB475C.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 950
If Nike is going to continue to clown around regarding releases with the Kobe line (like they seem to be), customers who make responsible and educated purchases will buy replicas because it will make sense.

I personally compared my Chaos pair (mall/store purchased release morning in Jan) with someones 'replica' pair. I could not tell the difference. Even the tread patterns on the protro outsole were identical to the rep pair.

Some replicas are now on a level where the only way to tell the difference would be to cut the sneakers open and compare components.

Educated, responsible consumers make it a point to KNOW what they are buying. With replicas, the consumer KNOWS what they are getting.

As someone who at one time owned well over a hundred pairs of Kobes, and has been collecting sneakers for decades...I have ZERO faith in resellers, 3rd party marketplaces that authenticate, etc. The fakes are now at too high a level. Unless a pair were purchased directly from the manufacturer, I would no longer have any faith in the product being authentic. I would never pay $250+ for a pair unless I have zero doubt regarding authenticity.

Soon...the only way makers like Nike will be able to combat fakes will be internal ID chips or some kinda cryptographic tag kinda deal.

Bottom line...if Nike doesn't want to make enough pairs to meet demand, it's likely other parties will satisfy the demand... and consumers should know what they are buying, which is becoming extremely hard.

NOTE: My level of 'balling' now consists of games of horse. If I was still seriously playing, I'm pretty sure I would feel the difference.

That's what's so odd about Nike's decision to make all of these so limited. Usually, you make part of your product line limited so that people will buy the other non-limited parts of your line. But I wonder if people are seeing other non-Kobe Nike shoes as any type of replacement for a Kobe sig shoe because this seems much less about basketball shoes and much more about having a connection to Kobe. If people get that connection through fakes, then fakes are likely to be a reasonable replacement. And there's reason to think they do get that connection, because all sorts of fan-made/bootleg Kobe stuff sold like wildfire after Kobe passed.

TLDR;

I would've expected Nike to release at least one readily available Kobe V by now.

What bugs me is I’m getting older (I’m in my 30’s) and pre covid I was still playing ball at a high-ish level (competitive men’s league lol).

there’s no doubt in my mind Nike will re release the protro 5 in the future. My problem is, I won’t be playing ball forever and I wanna enjoy the shoes NOW, not in 20 years walking around the mall.

Many of us here on NT, have been so loyal to the Kobe line not just cause kobe was our superhero but because the performance of the shoes fit our style of play. We aren’t getting any younger.

So,
**** Nike.
**** resellers, I hope nothing but the worst for you.

If we failed on the five rings today.
It will be no different with the bruce lees next month
Lees and likely any Kobe drop here on out. Age of the Reseller, it is a dark period of time within the kingdom.
What bugs me is I’m getting older (I’m in my 30’s)....We aren’t getting any younger.
Could not say it any better, exactly how i feel. Love getting it in in the gym with Kobes on but 9yrs active service a couple more within martial arts and yeah the bodies definitely not as nimble as it once was. With no clear sight of if or when this madness will end its not worth getting invested in any release. Even if i personally hit so many others will miss out. If thats the case wheres the real fun in forums like this?

That's what's so odd about Nike's decision to make all of these so limited. Usually, you make part of your product line limited so that people will buy the other non-limited parts of your line. But I wonder if people are seeing other non-Kobe Nike shoes as any type of replacement for a Kobe sig shoe because this seems much less about basketball shoes and much more about having a connection to Kobe. If people get that connection through fakes, then fakes are likely to be a reasonable replacement. And there's reason to think they do get that connection, because all sorts of fan-made/bootleg Kobe stuff sold like wildfire after Kobe passed.

TLDR;

I would've expected Nike to release at least one readily available Kobe V by now.
Hopefully they do that for the Bruce Lees

There are a lot of pairs of 5 Rings. Posted two sets of production dates within couple months of each other. Just bot users, multiple account holders got them all. If you hold out while sellers are undercutting each other you might get them close to retail. These are Laker fans colorway, half of us forgot about them unless you're desperate to have any pair of 5s :lol:

Most are now focusing/saving money for Alternates/BLs

What bugs me is I’m getting older (I’m in my 30’s) and pre covid I was still playing ball at a high-ish level (competitive men’s league lol).

there’s no doubt in my mind Nike will re release the protro 5 in the future. My problem is, I won’t be playing ball forever and I wanna enjoy the shoes NOW, not in 20 years walking around the mall.

Many of us here on NT, have been so loyal to the Kobe line not just cause kobe was our superhero but because the performance of the shoes fit our style of play. We aren’t getting any younger.

So,
**** Nike.
**** resellers, I hope nothing but the worst for you.

This right here. And with COVID-19 going on, all the gyms around me arent open and the playgrounds had its rims taken down. It's been 8 months since I've last hooped. This is the longest time I've ever went without playing ever since I've started playing the game of basketball. On the bright side, this is the most rest my knees have ever received :lol:

This right here. And with COVID-19 going on, all the gyms around me arent open and the playgrounds had its rims taken down. It's been 8 months since I've last hooped. This is the longest time I've ever went without playing ever since I've started playing the game of basketball. On the bright side, this is the most rest my knees have ever received :lol:
That sucks man. Where do you live? I know of a couple indoor runs where I live as well as a few outdoor courts, but most places are shut down. Games are being played for those who are in the know and accept the risk.

That sucks man. Where do you live? I know of a couple indoor runs where I live as well as a few outdoor courts, but most places are shut down. Games are being played for those who are in the know and accept the risk.

There are some that are open, but it's not open for open runs. All open for reservations only.

I hit at sheikh. Got them yesterday actually. Super fast shipping. I’ve had a lot of luck at sheikh but this year its been a dumpster fire.

There are some outdoor courts open with hoops but I’m not wearing shoes I paid over retail for outdoors lol.

I paid $250 for the derozan‘a on eBay, cheapest I’ve seen for my size (11.5) and the chaos I got for retail. Just gotta wait for the 5 rings to drop in price

If some y’all can’t even hit on the 5 rings then next month is gonna be more brutal for all of us.

Everyone will be going for the BLs.

At least the 5 rings Protro seems to be going down on prices. it was $330+ for a size 10.5. Now its $280 before taxes/fees. Should I wait it out and hope it goes even lower?

Back
Top Bottom