Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I pulled all my listings on the FB marketplace this morning.

I was letting go a DS UNDFTD 4 Bucks for retail since October '19 and since the news broke this morning, all of a sudden 5 people asking if my they were still available :smh:

There was a guy in my FB sneaker group that had a bunch of undftd 4s for sale. He had the Orange Undftd 4s in my size for retail and I contacted him for it. I just looked back on my messages and it was on dec 29th. I was ready to scoop from him until he told me lived like an hour and a half away outside of the city. He ended up saying he'll be back in the city in 2 weeks for school which was closer to me and we can link up. We never followed up or spoke again. I still want them but I'll hate to be that guy to contact him now and my guess is he probably wouldn't sell for retail anymore anyway. It's all good, cause I know deep in my heart I wanted those before this news broke today and theres no bandwagoning. In the end, theres more to life than shoes....RIP to Kobe and prayers to his family. With the exception of Jordan, it was him and Iverson who were my two inspirations I had growing up. This truly messed up my entire day...this one definitely hurts.

I imagine everything will be put on hold. Maybe Mamba day they honor him and release everything. I honestly not thinking about buying or selling his shoes, granted I sold new and used stuff for retail (under after fees and cheap) recently.

Cannot believe the prices of Kobe’s now. People’s audacity to take advantage of such a tragic situation.
I hope prices go down so I can buy Wizenard 4’s and Chaos 5’s for retail.

hope Nike drowns the market in Kobe’s so there’s no money to be made!! Crooks.

Cannot believe the prices of Kobe’s now. People’s audacity to take advantage of such a tragic situation.

That’s exactly what needs to happen. I think the prices will drop over the next few months but right now you can’t get anything 🤦🏼‍♂️. I just checked chaos 5 and they are lowest price $900 🤣. I’m happily keeping my 2 pairs. Can wear one without worry cause I have a backup. That’s why I need another carpe.

Yeah no way I’m going to pay those prices and I hope no one here does no matter how bad we want them.
I sadly missed out on Chaos 5’s, was just waiting it out a bit before buying them at the reasonable prices they were going for.

Let’s not enable these vultures by paying their ridiculous prices. Smhhhh

Have been contemplating letting go of my FTB 11’s for a while, not happening now.

i think if you’re selling kobe’s as long as you’re reasonable with your prices you’re fine. not this BS that’s going on.
If you buyers DONT BE BUYING BECAUSE you are trying to find them cheap and make money. I find it ok if you are trying to get them for memory sake

What’s sicker than people raising prices for the **** they were selling already is that everything Kobe is sold out. So people just bought up whatever hoping it’ll resell 🤦🏼‍♂️. Even those ****ty fast fits are gone 🤣.

IMG_6998.png

Smh

Hey yall,

**** still surreal can’t make sense of it all. I played ball this morning with my friends. Brought my 4s and 5s with me, idk why, though I played with the 5s all throughout. Ended up playing 6-7 runs, and it felt great.

Was in a ride with friends, then another friend sent me a link that Kobe died on a helicopter crash. Checked the TMZ link, didn’t work. Thought it was fake news, then Woj confirmed it.

Been a ****y day.

Kobe will live on. Prayers up!
B9D5DD0C-1BA5-47B7-AE3A-516CF632D28B.jpeg

Last edited:
I really regret not getting the 81s when they were on sale. I just didn't need extra sneakers so I was trying to be a minimalist

I hope Nike releases the colorways he wore in mass production. Resellers can kick rocks.

They'll probably do some release that commemorates him, but for nostalgia purposes it isn't the same when the signature athlete never wore the specific model/color.

My biggest basketball idol next to mj. Can’t believe it. Just bought Protro 5 off StockX last night before this happened too

makes me regret not pulling the trigger on any pairs that I was hold off on buying, especially the ones that was sitting or selling at retail/under

I'm with you on this. Had a few pairs on radar but since they were pretty much going for retail in the aftermarket I was in no rush. But but at the end of the day there was no way for any of us to predict the events that had unfolded today.

Losing Kobe is surreal. Add his daughter’s death to that, at such a young age makes it even worse. It is in bad taste to raise prices on Kobe’s shoes after his death. But it is also in bad taste to complain about these prices going up after his death when you had a chance to purchase them on the low a few days ago and didn’t. if you really wanted the shoes before his death you would have bought them, but now he’s dead you want them. Complaining about not getting a dead man‘s shoes under retail is as bad as raising prices.

I think they should make them to order for now on like an eternal flame of sorts. Any Kobe. Just have a memorial website and all of his shoes he played in listed. And for a short while to commemorate him without being too douchey about making money off of the situation, sell them at cost.

Back
Top Bottom