Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Absolutely stunned today. RIP Kobe, Gianna, and others that were on the helicopter.

Had to bring out a couple of personal treasured pieces to remember Kobe.

IMG_20200126_195409.jpg

It was 1999 and the Lakers were doing some training at my college, UCSB. I went to see Kobe and get a jersey and card signed. There were quite a few of us waiting. Players started coming out of the gym to the bus, including Shaq who went straight on to the bus. Then Kobe came out. I'll never forget, there was a dad and son next to me. The dad yelled "Kobe! Can my son have a picture?!" Kobe comes over immediately and picks up the son, puts him up on his shoulders for the dad to take a picture. That says exactly who Kobe was. Kobe then signed my jersey and card. RIP Kobe and Gianna.

Losing Kobe is surreal. Add his daughter’s death to that, at such a young age makes it even worse. It is in bad taste to raise prices on Kobe’s shoes after his death. But it is also in bad taste to complain about these prices going up after his death when you had a chance to purchase them on the low a few days ago and didn’t. if you really wanted the shoes before his death you would have bought them, but now he’s dead you want them. Complaining about not getting a dead man‘s shoes under retail is as bad as raising prices.

I’m sorry but this is absurd to think that because someone didn’t buy his shoes before his death means they didn’t really want them. Do you understand budgeting? Do you understand that paying $180 for a pair or sneakers isn’t feasible sometimes?

I have all the 4’s I want but the wizenards. Why would I buy them for full retail when I know I can use a coupon on them soon? I missed out on Chaos on RD, and since they were selling for retail I just put it off to buy later. Get out of here with that idiotic logic lmao

Gigi being there does make today that much more tragic. RIP to all. Sad day.

Last edited:
The resell on his kicks is nasty right now. Had a pair of 81’s on watch for the longest was actually gonna pull the trigger last night. Went from $87 to $700 real quick. Smh

Losing Kobe is surreal. Add his daughter’s death to that, at such a young age makes it even worse. It is in bad taste to raise prices on Kobe’s shoes after his death. But it is also in bad taste to complain about these prices going up after his death when you had a chance to purchase them on the low a few days ago and didn’t. if you really wanted the shoes before his death you would have bought them, but now he’s dead you want them. Complaining about not getting a dead man‘s shoes under retail is as bad as raising prices.

way to take all of us, lump us all together, claim to know our pockets or priorities, and then go on to try to guilt trip us. This is one of the most ignorant statements I’ve seen.

way to take all of us, lump us all together, claim to know our pockets or priorities, and then go on to try to guilt trip us. This is one of the most ignorant statements I’ve seen.

Let's take it easy on him. He has some valid points, and other invalid points.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure it relates to others as well. I couldn't buy the Nike's I wanted as a kid. A bet most of us here couldn't. As I got older, I was able to get some pairs that I wanted, but even then I had to budget around responsibilities. And today, even though I'm still a young guy, I'm able to get a bit more than before, but I still have more important responsibilities to handle. Also, excessiveness is something I feel like a lot of people in this generation are trying to avoid. I didn't buy a lot of the current Kobe's simply because I didn't need them. There were more important things I had to do with my money and I also need to save for future endeavours of mine.

So it never was a matter of I just want the sneakers cause he passed. You don't think I want the Nike's my favorite player growing up wore? You don't think I want the sneakers that remind me of my middle school, high school days? Of course I do. It was just a matter of it wouldn't be the right thing to do in a lot of our lives right now.

Never really post, just b/c, well my opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. But this whole thing makes me just need to put my thoughts out there. I think that what really gets us hurting about Kobe is that many of us saw him grow from a cocky 17 year old kid all the way to the wise father and husband he became. We saw his greatest accomplishments on and off the court. You rarely get affected by a celebrity passing, I think, because you don't see their whole lives. You don't get to take part in it. But we got to see it with Kobe. We saw the trade demand, the beef with Shaq, the whole female incident in Colorado, 81 points, the titles, team USA, the achilles, and everything else. We shared his moments and they motivated us in some form or fashion. I don't speak for everyone obviously but I think what hurts us is that we are all going through life and don't think it's over, especially for Kobe. We just saw him getting started. We aren't just affected because he was one of the best ever to play the game. We are affected because his motivation, grit, determination, and mentality was in every facet of his life and we are motivated and inspired by that. That's something we can never forget and something we can all try to live by. Thank you Mamba.

P.S. To all those who are up-charging on shoes and trying to make bank on a person's death, shame on you. It's not on me to decide what happens to you but I'm sure there's a special place for you.

I just bought Protro 5 in my sz last night With confirmation! StockX and the seller better give me what I bought or I might go to court... I’m not reselling either. I truly want to play in them.

I understand budgeting and priorities. I started buying the retro Jordan’s back in 1999 because my parents wouldn‘t buy them for me when I was growing up. Didn’t wear cheap shoes had Nike’s but Jordan’s were too much. The only Jordans my parents bought me were the 1’s, not good selllers at that time low price and the 5’s, confirmation present. I’m older now and have my own business and do well, but with a wife, 2 kids, bills, retirement, and putting away for kids college you have to manage your money. I understand waiting on codes and coupons too, but to complain about a shoe on StockX being $87 one day then going to $700 the next is absurd. Could’ve had it cheap as can be, but had to try and get a shoe lower when the demand is down and now complaining when someone is trying to get more money when the demand is up is hypocritical. YOU don’t know that mans life and what that money means to him or his family. Lowballing people or overcharging people. Seems the same to me.

This is what you sound like when you've been consumed by the material world.

It's cold, but people die every second. Kobe was an exceptional athlete and a pleasure to watch on the court. But one of his girls...man...the only solace is knowing they had each other in the end. Same with the mother and father who were with their little girl (Gianna's teammate). To all the faithful departed.

As for Nike. No more "AD" stuff, no new models. Kobe actually had his hand in that, a passion project. Just nix that stuff.

I say continue to release the 1-11, hyperdunks, and other models the man himself wore. It's already a legendary line that will hold up extremely well over time.

I understand budgeting and priorities. I started buying the retro Jordan’s back in 1999 because my parents wouldn‘t buy them for me when I was growing up. Didn’t wear cheap shoes had Nike’s but Jordan’s were too much. The only Jordans my parents bought me were the 1’s, not good selllers at that time low price and the 5’s, confirmation present. I’m older now and have my own business and do well, but with a wife, 2 kids, bills, retirement, and putting away for kids college you have to manage your money. I understand waiting on codes and coupons too, but to complain about a shoe on StockX being $87 one day then going to $700 the next is absurd. Could’ve had it cheap as can be, but had to try and get a shoe lower when the demand is down and now complaining when someone is trying to get more money when the demand is up is hypocritical. YOU don’t know that mans life and what that money means to him or his family. Lowballing people or overcharging people. Seems the same to me.

If they were selling that shoe for $87 before yesterday’s tragedy but now all of a sudden want $700 that person is nothing but an opportunist trying to capitalize off of people’s emotions and I hope they don’t sell them and Nike’s pumps out as much merchandise as possible so everyone who is a fan can get something. I have no problem with resellers, but people that did that....they’re everything wrong with sneakers.

I was in Finland the past five days for work. Landed in LA tonight at 5:50 local time. Turned on my phone and had literally 29 texts. Took me a minute to even absorb what I was reading, and then I was in total shock getting out of the airport. Almost lost it a few times before I even got out of customs and into a ride home. I am still devastated, as much as I can be over someone I never actually knew personally. That dude and MJ mean a lot to me for various reasons. I don't even know what more to say or do. I'm a grown *** man yet this has hit me like a 12-year-old. The fact Gianna was with him, and the other families/people ... I can't even. I really can't.

As for Nike. No more "AD" stuff, no new models. Kobe actually had his hand in that, a passion project. Just nix that stuff.

I say continue to release the 1-11, hyperdunks, and other models the man himself wore. It's already a legendary line that will hold up extremely well over time.

i agree. unless the next model is the last one kobe had a say in, then that's it.

release the 1-11 every year with updated tech for that year. and for crying out loud, give us the PE's he wore not this crap.

to name a few:
kobe 4 venom
kobe 6 white china PE
kobe 8 grey home (both purple and yellow pairs)
kobe 8 dynasty's

Back
Top Bottom