Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Out of all the protros this year, I needed this one the most.

4A2FA7B0-366D-4C17-9EB4-D727D543D303.jpeg

Want them to hoop so don’t mind apaying extra for “newer tech” i really like the turbo zoom in these for hooping

Definitely hoping on sooner rather than later

most i’ll pay is 280. my brother is ordering them so i don’t get taxed :lol:

I get there is newer tech but the og’s are more comfortable and not as narrow in the toe box and of course Kobe wore the og so I prefer them, also a better shape. I did get the protros though and the price just dropped below $300.

I almost feel like I’m darn near depressed. I’m 39 and haven’t played basketball since March 20th. I think my bad bout with the flu in February was actually Covid. I didn’t think much of it because Kobe just died and I was hurt like I lost an older brother! I won the Chaos on SNKRS and cancelled my order back in January because Kobe V’s are great shoes, but not the most durable to ball in. So I was gonna take my chances finding them cheaper. I ball in my shoes, but I can’t pay $300 for a shoe to ball in that’s not even durable. I have disgust in my heart for resellers though. I’ve been balling in Kobe’s religiously since Christmas of 2005. To not be able to purchase one pair at freaking retail in my last months or couple of years playing competitive league ball hurts like a mutha!!! How did we allow this to happen in the sneaker community?!! But we have to find a way to hurt Nike because they’re the main culprits in this show!!! Sorry for the rant, but those of us who love basketball and especially those of us who know our clock is about to strike 12 because of our age are stressed!

My bid for 286 got accepted :smokin

came out to 288 (StockX messed up another order) after my coupon and tax free i shipped them to my brothers
632E56ED-3F21-448E-9A5E-E47D402E359E.jpeg

Last edited:
I get there is newer tech but the og’s are more comfortable and not as narrow in the toe box and of course Kobe wore the og so I prefer them, also a better shape. I did get the protros though and the price just dropped below $300.
Anyone done a proper comparison yet? Curious to see about this toe box and shape.. thought these would be a 1:1

I almost feel like I’m darn near depressed. I’m 39 and haven’t played basketball since March 20th. I think my bad bout with the flu in February was actually Covid. I didn’t think much of it because Kobe just died and I was hurt like I lost an older brother! I won the Chaos on SNKRS and cancelled my order back in January because Kobe V’s are great shoes, but not the most durable to ball in. So I was gonna take my chances finding them cheaper. I ball in my shoes, but I can’t pay $300 for a shoe to ball in that’s not even durable. I have disgust in my heart for resellers though. I’ve been balling in Kobe’s religiously since Christmas of 2005. To not be able to purchase one pair at freaking retail in my last months or couple of years playing competitive league ball hurts like a mutha!!! How did we allow this to happen in the sneaker community?!! But we have to find a way to hurt Nike because they’re the main culprits in this show!!! Sorry for the rant, but those of us who love basketball and especially those of us who know our clock is about to strike 12 because of our age are stressed!
touching story and all but... you really won the chaos for retail and canceled the order?

:stoneface:

touching story and all but... you really won the chaos for retail and canceled the order?

:stoneface:
Lol damn. I would've kept the chaos. I ended up cancelling a Kobe 4 Del Sol and kinda regret that. Had carpe diem and figured I didnt need the del sols at 180 retail. Nobody knew what was gonna happen otherwise I'm sure everyone would've copped kobes even at retail before he passed. Definitely better than paying the 100 dollar markup minimum on anything Kobe now.

Chaos’ sold out on SNKRS fast

In person was a different picked my pair up 2 days later from Nike the grove

I remember missing on Chaos on SNKRS by a few minutes (just overslept), and then when I went to NYC a few days after the release the whole city was dry. Was a real wake up call after most of the protro 4s went on sale.

I was away for a wedding and ended up missing the chaos drop completely. Figured it would’ve been easy to come back home and snag because the protro 4’s wasn’t hard to get. Thought I’d at least catch a restock or maybe returned pairs. But nope.

moving on, I wanted parades/big stage more than the 5x Champ. During Mamba Week, I struck out on everything but saw the rumor for the 5 Rings protro and I was most excited about that cw than any from Mamba Week. Told myself I would get the 5 Rings no matter what, resale if need be. Come drop day, i asked all my friends and family to help me on SNKRS, I struck out everywhere. One of my friend secured one and then I find out that my brother in law also hit. Both will be kept for personals and at least one will definitely hit the courts sooner or later.

4F21FD6B-75A9-49CC-9C3E-F863F189EE83.jpeg

Chaos were as limited as the rest, but there werent as many vultures. I was able to get a pair for myself at opening at footlocker and a coworker picked me up a 2nd later on in the day same footlocker.

I was away for a wedding and ended up missing the chaos drop completely. Figured it would’ve been easy to come back home and snag because the protro 4’s wasn’t hard to get. Thought I’d at least catch a restock or maybe returned pairs. But nope.

moving on, I wanted parades/big stage more than the 5x Champ. During Mamba Week, I struck out on everything but saw the rumor for the 5 Rings protro and I was most excited about that cw than any from Mamba Week. Told myself I would get the 5 Rings no matter what, resale if need be. Come drop day, i asked all my friends and family to help me on SNKRS, I struck out everywhere. One of my friend secured one and then I find out that my brother in law also hit. Both will be kept for personals and at least one will definitely hit the courts sooner or later.

4F21FD6B-75A9-49CC-9C3E-F863F189EE83.jpeg
Can definitely see the 5 rings being up there later.
True Kobe Fans etc gonna have multiples.

Definitely hooping in mine

Excited I finally hit on a pair especially the 5 rings. I was drooling over this pair since the rumors of them re-releasing

Attachments

• 2B443C4A-ED52-4A22-A168-6AF20BE292F9.jpeg
    2B443C4A-ED52-4A22-A168-6AF20BE292F9.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 508
Have they improved the toe box on the 5 rings in comparison to the other Protro releases? On the photos it looks that way.

Have they improved the toe box on the 5 rings in comparison to the other Protro releases? On the photos it looks that way.

initial try on they aren’t as snug as the chaos. Could be the material difference or they adjusted the fit.

Back
Top Bottom