Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I think they took the material from the shoe bags that the streak 6 came with and turned them into the upper on the VF5%. That’s my guess

Seriously! All I could think of when looking at that picture was: "I think I had a jacket made of that same material and same color in the early 90s."

The nice thing about going to the VF Elite midsole is that maybe the shoes will be quieter than the two VF4% versions have been. The shoes are fast, but I feel like a Tyrannosaurus Rex stomping around in them - and I'm normally a very quiet runner.

ripstops a very common material and they tend to be light and durable even if not lined

i often see ripstop material for outdoor gear like backpacks and tents and some hiking shoes

Here’s another view of the prototype that’s been leaked of late

B549ADF2-389F-48F6-8B12-8ABA6D721D2E.jpeg

The shoes are fast, but I feel like a Tyrannosaurus Rex stomping around in them - and I'm normally a very quiet runner.

:lol: I said this same thing, except that I felt like Hulk running around! They are LOUD. Are you a heel striker?

still curious what the point of making lacing asymmetrical

i can't imagine any benefits from it

Maybe the side of the foot more adequately disburses the pressure of the lacing? IDK, I'm making stuff up, but it could be important for actually elite runners.

i never really heard of any lacing issues with both zf and vf

just seems like weird and unnecessary change but i am willing to listen to the performance jargon nike throws at us

Less pressure on the top of the foot. Typically done when the tongue is thin. The laces on the Elite 7 were slightly offset.

seems like a solution to a problem that wasn't there to begin with

ive watched and read every review for these shoes and do not recall at all that being an issue, it's usually a non-issue unless you have a bootie construction

that's coming from a guy with high-instep and wide foot where the epic reacts and ultra boosts (almost any with bootie upper really) bugs me with the pressure on the top of my foot (navicular?) and its not an issue with the ZF/VF at all

Wonder why they moved away from Flyknit??

It looks like the same material as the SP's....if that's the case it's a no go for me...

Man, I really loved the optimized fit with FlyKnit, especially around the heel collar in V2. On those long (and hot) runs, V1's collar would loosen up and I'd have to tighten my laces mid-run. This pic doesn't give me hope in that area.

I’m at a loss trying to figure out the functionality of asymmetrical laces in a marathon shoe. I’ve worn shoes with asymmetrical lacing playing soccer in college. The purpose was to provide a smoother surface along the instep and therefore improve contact with the ball. Better feel. Better accuracy. But whilst running the flex point felt similar to traditional lacing systems and even caused some discomfort on top of the foot whenever the upper folded up against itself. Mind you it was leather and not FlyMesh.

Back
Top Bottom