Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

It might be off topic, but just find out about Oregon Project. Nike completely shut off the website immediately. Was planning to get either their ZF3 or Peg2.

Nike contacted me to let me know they’re sending me pre-release shoes to try. They said don’t post on social media yet but didn’t sound definitive. I didn’t sign an NDA etc I don’t think it’s a formal request? Got them today... not sure I’m allowed to talk about them. Anyone know what the protocol is?

Nike contacted me to let me know they’re sending me pre-release shoes to try. They said don’t post on social media yet but didn’t sound definitive. I didn’t sign an NDA etc I don’t think it’s a formal request? Got them today... not sure I’m allowed to talk about them. Anyone know what the protocol is?

If its for Voiceoftheathlete then you should not reveal anything.

806D48D4-DF4D-464D-8402-C02D8E6114B3.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd say if you want to stay on Nike's good side and keep receiving pre-release pairs, you should probably not talk about them... Unfortunately for us, of course.

Craziness.

think this barrier is broken in an official recognized marathon?

weather conditions and roads would have to play a big factor in that

I haven’t yet but once I do, I’m going to see what course EK ran on. If it was anything like the initial Breaking2 event, there was little to no road incline

pretty flat course from what I recall.

Craziness.

think this barrier is broken in an official recognized marathon?

If Kipchoge is still around after the Olympics next year a duel between him and Bekele in Berlin 2021 would be epic as hell. I don’t think we’ll see it broken in a official race for atleast a decade.

I haven’t yet but once I do, I’m going to see what course EK ran on. If it was anything like the initial Breaking2 event, there was little to no road incline

Eliud Kipchoge is scheduled to attempt to run a marathon in 1:59:59 or faster on October 12, 2019. We used publicly available data to determine the undulations in elevation and the radii of the curves on the course. With previously developed equations for the effects of velocity, slope, and curvature on oxygen uptake, we performed simulations to quantify how much the elevation changes and curves of the Vienna course should affect oxygen uptake (at a fixed velocity) or velocity (at a fixed oxygen uptake). We estimate that, beyond a benefit from the downhill in the first 1km of the course, oxygen uptake rates will fluctuate by no more than 2% of the oxygen uptake rates on a flat, straight course for km 1 to 42, leading to an overall increase in oxygen uptake of only 0.11%. Together, we estimate that the undulations and curves of the Vienna course incur a penalty of less than 5 s compared to a perfectly level and straight course. We do not have sufficient data to include aerodynamic drafting in our simulations but the course itself appears to be very well-chosen to minimize the negative effects of elevation changes and curves.

It’s a world “record.” But do they officially count the effort since the weather, road and pacers were included in the scenario (+the shoes)?

I can lol.

I ran a half last year slow. His record was quicker and double the distance. That is one fast, determined and durable man.

yeah anyone that's run a half or full would totally see how crazy and amazing it was for him to finally break 2, but i think that for any average person who doesn't really think much about marathon running like us would realize how big of an accomplishment this is

Kenyan Brigid Kosgei Smashes Women's World Record At Chicago Marathon

Kenya's Brigid Kosgei won the Chicago Marathon on Sunday with a time of 2 hours 14 minutes 4 seconds, breaking the previous world record by 81 seconds.

At 25, the Kenyan defended her title after winning last year's event, and put almost 7 minutes between herself and her competition. Both from Ethopia, Ababel Yeshaneh finished second with a time of 2:20:51 and Gelete Burka came in third at 2:20:55.

The previous world record time of 2:15:25 was set by Britain's Paula Radcliffe in 2003 at the London Marathon.

1571059557284.png

Kenyan Brigid Kosgei Smashes Women's World Record At Chicago Marathon

Kenya's Brigid Kosgei won the Chicago Marathon on Sunday with a time of 2 hours 14 minutes 4 seconds, breaking the previous world record by 81 seconds.

At 25, the Kenyan defended her title after winning last year's event, and put almost 7 minutes between herself and her competition. Both from Ethopia, Ababel Yeshaneh finished second with a time of 2:20:51 and Gelete Burka came in third at 2:20:55.

The previous world record time of 2:15:25 was set by Britain's Paula Radcliffe in 2003 at the London Marathon.

1571059557284.png

I haven't checked myself, but someone in the advancedrunning forum on reddit said that Kosgei's coach also coached Rita Jeptoo. It's a sad state of affairs when what should be a celebration of crushing a world record is, for me, sitting with an asterisk until her drug tests come back clean.

Back
Top Bottom