Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

For running, I’d stick with the Vapor Weave upper. I have a pair of the VF Next By You with the FK upper and they don’t

Interesting. I have a pair of Green VFNs, but I haven’t run in them yet. I’m planning a future swap with their soles. I have run in the ZF3s, which I believe utilize a variation of VaporWeave. I like it but not as much as Flyknit. For me the ZF3 have an inner bootie that feels good, but the fit feels a bit sloppy for me.

Anyhow, it looks like Nike has a HM that’ll be going down in April next year! I’ve got to decide if I’ll be running in LA or ORL.

Good way to get next % for $175.

30% at checkout. Limited sizes!

Good way to get next % for $175.

30% at checkout. Limited sizes!

Good spot. I picked the pink VFNext the last time they had a 30% off sale. It’s the best deal I’ve found for these.

i think the sail vfn%'s (CT9133-100) are supposed to have released today in europe

and, hate to bring this up again, but what's the sizing consensus on them?

searching through the thread only gave me like two answers - one tts, one .5 up

read through the ndc reviews too, and most of them mentioned going up .5 as well, so i'm guessing that's what most of us should do?

Last edited:
i think the sail vfn%'s (CT9133-100) are supposed to have released today in europe

read through the ndc reviews too, and most of them mentioned going up .5 as well, so i'm guessing that's what most of us should do?

Can't speak for others but I personally don't size up on them. Really depends on what socks you wear since I wear thin racing socks with them. I did size up .5 on the Zoom Fly SP's. I wear the same size for the VF4% Flyknits and the Next%s.

The shoebox has a lot of space, but the shaft is narrow and lengthwise they are shorter than most other models. Went up half a size, which gives me exactly the amount of space I have in other models where I‘m TTS (Pegasus, Vomero, other brands). Personally I find a mm more up front not so bad as in other shoes that are not so stiff, where much empty space up your toes is really a nuisance.
Btw: The pink models is a tad smaller than the green one, where I had already sized up. Can‘t say anything about white ones yet (only that they appear pretty drab - cmon, Nike!)

I want to make the Sail VFNs my last sneaker purchase of 2019. I hope they'll be available through US NDC soon. If not, I planning to purchase them in Europe during vacation.

20191201020345.jpg
20191201020348.jpg
20191201020353.jpg
20191201020355.jpg
20191201020359.jpg
20191201020404.jpg
20191201020409.jpg

Going to grab another pair of VF for winter training. Torn between another pair of the Flyknit 4% with the Nike sale or wait for the Sail VF Next.

The Sail cw looks too good! I repeatedly check NDC for them lol

Anywho, I wonder what the next VF will be named? VFN2?

Not sure why but Vaporfly 4% Flyknits in pretty much every colorway hit a restock on NDC
Interesting. Debating between a pair of these, React Element 87s, and OW Vapor Streets. I’ve told myself that I can only keep one of them! Curious to know how many miles people have gotten out of the FK VaporFlys. The reviews on NDC suggest durability problems after ~100 miles. I plan to use them for a combination of training, racing, and casual wear.

Interesting. Debating between a pair of these, React Element 87s, and OW Vapor Streets. I’ve told myself that I can only keep one of them! Curious to know how many miles people have gotten out of the FK VaporFlys. The reviews on NDC suggest durability problems after ~100 miles. I plan to use them for a combination of training, racing, and casual wear.

Depending on your footstrike and use case, it can start to show wear really quickly. My VF Flyknits started to show wear after the first run. From a functional perspective it still worked. If you're into the way they look, the Next%s actually are way more durable imo even aesthetically. Like the wear doesn't seem to show that much. Whereas the Flyknits had parts of the foam literally fall off after a few runs on my pair.

Depending on your footstrike and use case, it can start to show wear really quickly. My VF Flyknits started to show wear after the first run. From a functional perspective it still worked. If you're into the way they look, the Next%s actually are way more durable imo even aesthetically. Like the wear doesn't seem to show that much. Whereas the Flyknits had parts of the foam literally fall off after a few runs on my pair.
I don't mind the foam falling off, necessarily. I've had a similar experience with my Zoom Fly SPs. However, if the shoe is useless for running after 150-200 miles, that would be a concern for me. I'm interested in the Ne%ts, but I would like a white-based upper. (I should have checked out the BeTrues when I had them in cart!)

Back
Top Bottom