Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Which Garmin did you go for? I may be tempted, but I use my Apple Watch for competitions and it can get quite serious.

Interesting, I may try starting a run on just the watch instead of my phone and see what happens. I just always get a little skeptical when I see the warning message about start the run on my phone instead of Apple Watch for proper metrics tracking.

Also, you are correct about seeing cadence metric in the phone app/watch app itself recently, but I think a recent update removed it. I saw it and thought to myself FINALLY, yet here I am baffled trying to retain the data.

I went all out and went for the Forerunner 935 actually, I'm also use the running dynamics metrics which gives a ton of data/stats, think the earlier models do as well but some metrics might be missing from those lower models.

interesting that adidas decided not to put any traction patterns on the adios pro

1594151662121.png

1594151843909.png

Other than time, distance, elevation, VO2MAX and cadence...what more is there more to track?? :nerd:

yea those are the key ones, but the other metrics include: stride length, vertical oscillation, ground contact time balance, power and the training load/status bits too I think. Overkill for the average runner really, but quite interesting to geek out on and see if there's other areas to improve on.

(https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/performance-data/running/)

since we off on a tangent at the monment, anyone take running supplements?

amazon suddenly started suggesting these running daily vitamins, not really sure if its worth it

i do think my old *** might need some joint strengthening supplements soon

UPDATE: Went for a one miler after work without the phone and this time the cadence metric stayed, even after exiting the NRC app (Apple Watch Series 4). However, still no dice showing up in the phone app. indonar6 indonar6 S sssstan
6EAB4C06-ABC6-4D8B-8A63-4BA72F085E3F.png

AFB7DC71-9A5C-4609-AE2E-0754586D838F.jpeg

since we off on a tangent at the monment, anyone take running supplements?

amazon suddenly started suggesting these running daily vitamins, not really sure if its worth it

i do think my old *** might need some joint strengthening supplements soon

I take Tumeric and magnesium for my occasional creaks and tweaks, but I guess at 35 that’s expected.

Was what they were suggesting a multi supplement or just single? Asking for a friend...

:lol:

its a multi and supposedly promotes energy/edunrance and ingestion with tons of vitamin Bs since thats suppose to be important for runners and tons of anti-oxidants and such

i'll just post the link to the product so yall can read em and maybe school me on whther its all bs or not

Amazon product ASIN B0778Q2K3F

Got my AF yesterday. That stack height. The Upper material seems light. Scared to run with it due to the durability. Probably take it for a five miler on Friday.

Also thoughts on

If google translate is correct (and the owners of this account), there's another launch date of 07/10 being proposed for the Tempo's ... in Hong Kong at least... ?

Saw some similar press out of China. As far as US have seen only Nike’s July 2 press release that doesn’t list specific dates

Last edited:
Got my AF yesterday. That stack height. The Upper material seems light. Scared to run with it due to the durability. Probably take it for a five miler on Friday.

Also thoughts on

I don't think it's better as a half marathon or marathon shoe, which is what the VF was designed for. The VF just happens to be so versatile that it's great for just about any distance.

I really loved the upper of the Endorphin Pro and it is a more stable ride than the VF, but I don't feel like I need more stability than the VF provides. The Endorphin Pro is a harsher ride, you feel more of the ground through each stride. It will definitely beat you up more than the VF. I would probably only grab these for 5k and under type races and even then, I'm not sure it's a faster or better option, just different weapon for the job.

As a triathlete, recovery and minimizing damage through each training session is so important. Being able to get in quality sessions back to back, two a days, and not sacrificing a bike session because I'm too beat up after my run. For these reasons, the VF is still my shoe of choice.

Last edited:
i stopped watching jamis reviews but dude got a bit too biased and his od’in on the jokes and got tired of ‘em

but yeah when they started doing these clickbait titles/thumbnail, the reviews starts to feel skewed

i stopped watching jamis reviews but dude got a bit too biased and his od’in on the jokes and got tired of ‘em

but yeah when they started doing these clickbait titles/thumbnail, the reviews starts to feel skewed
I agree. Not a fan of Jamis anymore. Kofuzi used to be my favorite youtube shoe reviewer but he’s strayed away from Nike. I still like SJD but his videos take too long to get to the point.

kofuzi is back to reviewing nikes, at least with kofuzi he stopped reviewing nike for a cause, until those misconducts were addressed so i got to respect that

I'm not a massive fan of Jamison Michael, and I'm curious as to what Jami's paces/workouts are like as I think it helps to know a shoe reviewers pace and use cases when watching their reviews so I can get an idea of how that shoe would work for me based on similarities etc. Andy FOD runner is very good on YouTube, put shoes through different types of runs and workouts and normally follows up with a 100 mile review point.

Then you got a lot of the other guys, like Kofuzi, on Strava which helps get an understanding of their training and what they put the shoe through.

kofuzi is back to reviewing nikes, at least with kofuzi he stopped reviewing nike for a cause, until those misconducts were addressed so i got to respect that
I know he reviewed the Peg 37 and thought he was back on board with Nike; however, I commented on one of his videos asking if he was going to review the Alphafly and he responded that he doesn’t plan to. It’s a little hard to believe he’s ok with Nike now as he was a big fan of the VF and Next%. He’s reviewing every carbon plated shoe on the market but is going to pass on the AF.

What happened with Kofuzi and Nike?
He stopped reviewing and wearing Nike products shortly after the Chicago Marathon last year. Some issues such as how the company was treating female athletes during pregnancy namely Allyson Felix and how Mary Cain was treated by the Oregon Project were his concerns with the company.

He touched on this in a video last year. A recent video states he was happy with changes being made by Nike and then reviewed the Peg 37.

Last edited:

Here's Kofuzi's vid explaining why he was going back to running in NIke. He's still conflicted, but notes some of the changes they've imposed since the Cain/Oregon Project story broke, and some of the philanthropic work Nike has done during the pandemic, etc.

Back
Top Bottom