Nikestore.com price fixing in Europe

This is something that has been bugging me a while now and I feel I should highlight this issue to those who are unaware ofthe price fixing on the nike.com European website.

Here is 2 fresh screen shots of nike UK and nike europe bball shoes for sale. Now its obvious to most these pricesdon't stack even with the highest uk pound to euro currency fluctuation there is clearly a higher rate being charged to the rest of europe.

Now Ive heard this crap of different country charging different rates of tax etc etc but taking that into considerationwould only add 5-8% to the price.

WERE TALKIN 40% OF A PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UK AND THE REST OF EUROPE????

If anyone is on here working with nike europe please explain cue Im both frustrated and disappointed to see such adisparity in these prices. I was always accepting the US would have lower price on nike bball shoes but this difference between the UK and the rest of europeis surley against some EU regulations?

I mean they had to stop sellin twin pack CDPs in Europe cus of the laws around consumer affairs, how can this one go belowthe radar??

nikeuk.jpg

and here is the site for the rest of europe

nikeeu.jpg

I'm no currency expert but I think you have to look at the conversion rate between the pound and the dollar vs. the euro and the dollar as opposed tocomparing the euro and pound. Since all money is gonna end up in dollars when it gets back to Oregon, Nike would presumeablly be trying to get the same dollaramount for their product from the various countries in europe. I haven't done the conversion math, it's a possible explanation if you care to check itout.

1 English Pound is about $2 American. $1 Euro is about $1.40 American.
why are the products on the UK site listed in Euros, or is it Pounds?

corrected. its too early in the morning.
laugh.gif

Actually, 1$ equals about 1.40€ or 1.65 British Pounds. Just two examples what that means in that case: The new BB3 costs 110€ in the rest of europe, but onlya converted price of 80€ in the UK. Same with the Hyperlite, which costs 130€ in europe, but only converted 97€ in the UK. In both cases its a difference ofmore than 30€ or 40$. Just doesnt seem fair to me. Im used to the prices in the US being significantly lower than those in europe, but why does the UK as apart of the European Union also get lower prices? If anyone knows the reason or has an explanation for it otherwise, please share it with us.

as of today... $1 British Pound = $1.18 Euro or $1.66 USD
$1 Euro = $1.44 USD or $0.85 Pound
the pound USED to be 2 to 1 to the dollar,and the Euro USED to be 1 to 1 to the dollar (when the Euro was first introduced)

either way, Nike is screwing the rest of Europe.
smh.gif

Im glad I live in the US
laugh.gif

Everywhere in Europe be it UK or anywhere else is getting done over with prices.
One of the reasons that us here in the UK are getting it cheaper than in other european countries is because we have dropped our VAT charges to 15% from 17.5%.Thats why the prices on the UK site are all over the place.

looking at the zoom soldiers:

the European price is 140 euros which = £119 or $196.27

the UK price is £78.30 which = 92.09 Euro or $129.19

on the US site, they are $110 which = £66.67 or 78.40 euros.

having calculated that, the Euro site is nearly double the us site!!!

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

Everywhere in Europe be it UK or anywhere else is getting done over with prices.
One of the reasons that us here in the UK are getting it cheaper than in other european countries is because we have dropped our VAT charges to 15% from 17.5%. Thats why the prices on the UK site are all over the place.

I can tolerate the £78.30 over the US - £66.67 what I cannot tolerate is the £119 for the rest of europe price! I mean whatever way you conver USdollare its almost twice the price!

Originally Posted by Juicy B Milano

Actually, 1$ equals about 1.40€ or 1.65 British Pounds. Just two examples what that means in that case: The new BB3 costs 110€ in the rest of europe, but only a converted price of 80€ in the UK. Same with the Hyperlite, which costs 130€ in europe, but only converted 97€ in the UK. In both cases its a difference of more than 30€ or 40$. Just doesnt seem fair to me. Im used to the prices in the US being significantly lower than those in europe, but why does the UK as a part of the European Union also get lower prices? If anyone knows the reason or has an explanation for it otherwise, please share it with us.
My point exactly it pisses me off Sooooooo much !
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

One of the reasons that us here in the UK are getting it cheaper than in other european countries is because we have dropped our VAT charges to 15% from 17.5%. Thats why the prices on the UK site are all over the place.

Ya, that is pretty bad. Maybe someone should give Nike a call.

Prices were set when the Pound was at nearly 1.5e a pound.
taking this into cosideration the prices are nearly even.
Also the "buyingpower" of the pound for ppl in the UK is still the same as it was beack then.

so i dont see nothing wrong at all with the different prices.

Originally Posted by tomat3

Prices were set when the Pound was at nearly 1.5e a pound.
taking this into cosideration the prices are nearly even.
Also the "buyingpower" of the pound for ppl in the UK is still the same as it was beack then.

so i dont see nothing wrong at all with the different prices.

The pound was last worth 1.5 euro in 2007 its 2009 no way they gonna get away saying that's a reasonable excuse. And what about Europe's"buyingpower"? Its as bad if not worse than the UK right now.

You guys are gonna be in the same situation when the jordan 3s drop in Europe for 130 euro retail. Guys be sellin them for like 250 bucks just to cover retailand shipping from Europe! UK sellers are gonna have a field day on em.

Yeah, that's terrible. I saw this when I was in Europe/UK last time. I walked into JD Sports and was appalled by the prices in US currency. The # of riftswas shocking too. I hadn't ever seen rifts in store until then.

I don't really have a problem with the UK prices to be honest they are fairly reasonable, I can accept a 10% premium over U.S prices but the euro price onthese shoes is daylight robbery. I just hope they don't start releasing all the hot Js in Europe only now cus that will make things very expensive unlesswe can get em through the UK.

why do you think that people vacation in the US strictly to shop? maybe i notice it more in because im in FL but theres regularly people who will come stay aweek from the UK and Germany specifically who will just buy whatever clothing/shoes/etc they need because some things are well over twice as much as they arehere in the US.

FL Europe are just as bad.

Size? Were selling the 3M Vs for around 115 euro, but FL stuck a 135 euro price tag on them.
Nikestore want 140 euro for the black/orange Hypermaxes (which is already pretty stiff) but Footlocker reckon they're worth 150.

At the same time, they're undercutting Nikestore's price on the Aqua soldiers by 10 euro, which (i believe) reinforces the point
that Nike Europe and FL Europe are both being rather creative with the pricing.

There's more: In March of last year i bought some BBs and AF25s at Nike outlets here, in Ireland.

Went into Footlocker in Amsterdam two months later, and they were still charging FULL price for both shoes.

The Jordan 2009s: Returned to vendor by Foot Locker US. Here? Still on the shelves gathering dust.

Originally Posted by mt3130

buy whatever clothing/shoes/etc they need because some things are well over twice as much as they are here in the US.

Another example: Orange Air Max 95s about 105 euro shipped from the US.... Foot Locker Europe however have decided however that they're worth 170 (about$240) euro.
Is it any wonder i haven't bought anything from them in over 3 years?

Rant over!

The DMP 60+ Pack I are retailed at 224.99USD

In Canada they are selling for 349.99CND retail...........
eyes.gif

225USD = 270CND

Back
Top Bottom