Niketalk True Life - I'm a hipster

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Stockholm Patriot wrote:
30t6p3b.gif
Smh @ thread

"Hipster" isn't a "look"....You can't go buy a pair of "mock smart glasses" and some clothes from the 80's
and think you a "Hipster".

First off you have to be called a hipster by someone else or you're perceived as a hipster by the generally concensus....it basically means
you're "effortlessly cool". Even then if you're really a hipster you NEVER admit to being one. If you do then you're "trying" to fit in and that
stand against what being a "hipster" is all about.

I've said this in SEVERAL THREADS, I do buy new kicks but I also shop at the salvation army...most hipsters over 25 PREFER vintage clothing
representing that you can be "cool" without being a mindless consumer or "hypebeast".

Hipsters pretty respect the world around them and have something UNIQUE TO ADD to it...otherwise you're a tool and just "looking the part".

I'm lived in Williamsburg a long time as an adult and moving back next month after leaving the state for a year and a half....if you really think you're
a "Hipster" hang out in WIlliamsburg "Bedford", "Greenpoint" or "Grand" I lived near Greenpoint. If the people are COLD to you, silent, or just rude
laugh.gif
it means they see through you and you're not what you think you are. If people are cool and conversational it means you're pretty much in tune with
the sub culture.

Please don't be one of these confused jokes like Wiz Khalifa that goes from 5x Tee's and Timbs to Dwayne Wanye sunglasses and claiming to be a "stoner"
with a plaid shirt and a backpack that doesn't make you a hipster...I really hate those dudes with a passion....like serious.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-dudes-that-try-too-hard

eyes.gif
Im sayin.
Dude sounds like he thinks his !+$$ dont stank, something along the the elitist minimalist type lines.
I never said or acted in such a way maybe it's because I'm 28 years old or, YOU JUST FEEL LIKE THAT...stop projecting your inadequacies cause I struck a chord.

I'm just saying, when people are incorrect I don't feel right not pointing it out...sometimes live and let die is a failed policy

And unfortunately some people often mistake lifestyles and terminologies and it makes them look stupid.

They see a Puerto Rican broad with a plaid skirt and spandex from Hyperactive wearing thick rimmed glasses and some true flights
and start beasting talking about "I want me a hipster broad". You look and sound stupid, it's no different than an sneaker collector
WHO KNOWS when he sees fakes and feels compelled to let that person know he knows their sneaks are fake.

Stock you're my dude an all but you do tend to act like your nose is held up high. Like you're 28 and you really care about fake hipsters?

Yo Stockholm how are you a hipster when hipsters lead to gentrification, lack of response on the politics front and many other things. Hipsters leech off an actual culture ,Rap,Sneakers,etc and try there hardest to destroy it damn near . Hipsters are anti this and that but to an effect make no attempts to really stop these things they hate. They go to the local coffee shops ,local book stores and buy the same books or coffee they would at Starbucks or borders. They want to be counter culture but they don't want to give up there mainstream privileges .

Yo Stockholm how are you a hipster when hipsters lead to gentrification, lack of response on the politics front and many other things. Hipsters leech off an actual culture ,Rap,Sneakers,etc and try there hardest to destroy it damn near . Hipsters are anti this and that but to an effect make no attempts to really stop these things they hate. They go to the local coffee shops ,local book stores and buy the same books or coffee they would at Starbucks or borders. They want to be counter culture but they don't want to give up there mainstream privileges .

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Stockholm Patriot wrote:
30t6p3b.gif
Smh @ thread

"Hipster" isn't a "look"....You can't go buy a pair of "mock smart glasses" and some clothes from the 80's
and think you a "Hipster".

First off you have to be called a hipster by someone else or you're perceived as a hipster by the generally concensus....it basically means
you're "effortlessly cool". Even then if you're really a hipster you NEVER admit to being one. If you do then you're "trying" to fit in and that
stand against what being a "hipster" is all about.

I've said this in SEVERAL THREADS, I do buy new kicks but I also shop at the salvation army...most hipsters over 25 PREFER vintage clothing
representing that you can be "cool" without being a mindless consumer or "hypebeast".

Hipsters pretty respect the world around them and have something UNIQUE TO ADD to it...otherwise you're a tool and just "looking the part".

I'm lived in Williamsburg a long time as an adult and moving back next month after leaving the state for a year and a half....if you really think you're
a "Hipster" hang out in WIlliamsburg "Bedford", "Greenpoint" or "Grand" I lived near Greenpoint. If the people are COLD to you, silent, or just rude
laugh.gif
it means they see through you and you're not what you think you are. If people are cool and conversational it means you're pretty much in tune with
the sub culture.

Please don't be one of these confused jokes like Wiz Khalifa that goes from 5x Tee's and Timbs to Dwayne Wanye sunglasses and claiming to be a "stoner"
with a plaid shirt and a backpack that doesn't make you a hipster...I really hate those dudes with a passion....like serious.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-dudes-that-try-too-hard

eyes.gif
Im sayin.
Dude sounds like he thinks his !+$$ dont stank, something along the the elitist minimalist type lines.
I never said or acted in such a way maybe it's because I'm 28 years old or, YOU JUST FEEL LIKE THAT...stop projecting your inadequacies cause I struck a chord.

I'm just saying, when people are incorrect I don't feel right not pointing it out...sometimes live and let die is a failed policy

And unfortunately some people often mistake lifestyles and terminologies and it makes them look stupid.

They see a Puerto Rican broad with a plaid skirt and spandex from Hyperactive wearing thick rimmed glasses and some true flights
and start beasting talking about "I want me a hipster broad". You look and sound stupid, it's no different than an sneaker collector
WHO KNOWS when he sees fakes and feels compelled to let that person know he knows their sneaks are fake.

Stock you're my dude an all but you do tend to act like your nose is held up high. Like you're 28 and you really care about fake hipsters?

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Nawth21

I give it two months before Stockholm reaches a point where he needs to curse someone out resulting in a ban for him.
Doesnt seem like hes built for this place.

Who takin over/under?

I thought he's a reincarnate.  Maybe not.

I dont think so. We know wayyyyy too much about him in a real short amount of time.
Rookie mistake.

roll.gif
so true

Originally Posted by Nawth21

I give it two months before Stockholm reaches a point where he needs to curse someone out resulting in a ban for him.

Who takin over/under?

I thought he's a reincarnate.  Maybe not.

I dont think so. We know wayyyyy too much about him in a real short amount of time.
Rookie mistake.

roll.gif
so true

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

i understand disdain for "hipsters".. but supporting local businesses is something we should all do. just saying.

i understand disdain for "hipsters".. but supporting local businesses is something we should all do. just saying.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Its cool that they support it but then you gotta deal with the fact that the store becomes solely dependent on these leeches, who if a few people not from there scene show up alot they will leave it and say its bad or its bland for no reason. So they don't have a loyal customer base. Joe regular who goes there to grab a bagel and a cup of coffee in the morning will definitely comeback everyday. those 15 hipster kids who see joe regular come in a few times and his buddies start to go there will leave and never comeback because they feel their store has been compromised. After that record store runs out of old quirky vinyl records and all the hipster books are gone then they leave the store. They aren't really supporting local shops.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Its cool that they support it but then you gotta deal with the fact that the store becomes solely dependent on these leeches, who if a few people not from there scene show up alot they will leave it and say its bad or its bland for no reason. So they don't have a loyal customer base. Joe regular who goes there to grab a bagel and a cup of coffee in the morning will definitely comeback everyday. those 15 hipster kids who see joe regular come in a few times and his buddies start to go there will leave and never comeback because they feel their store has been compromised. After that record store runs out of old quirky vinyl records and all the hipster books are gone then they leave the store. They aren't really supporting local shops.

Who takin over/under?

Nah I'm just going to start AGREEING WITH EVERYTHING, and use the latest "trendy" slang like most NT'ers that have been 17-18 years old for like 6 years
laugh.gif
I'm so CEREAL too
nerd.gif

REAL LIFE,

Thanks Grey God I now see the error of my ways, smash my girl please?

2en6y37.gif

Spoiler [+]
There's very few REAL NT'ers who say what they feel regardless of the consensus
Like Ninja/Champion, Club 29, Henzo, Sherwin100's and Dirty ...I'd rather stand with a few
as 28 YEAR OLD MAN than post like sheepish social tourist scared to say he disagrees...

...I don't feel the need to fit it

Who takin over/under?

Nah I'm just going to start AGREEING WITH EVERYTHING, and use the latest "trendy" slang like most NT'ers that have been 17-18 years old for like 6 years
laugh.gif
I'm so CEREAL too
nerd.gif

REAL LIFE,

Thanks Grey God I now see the error of my ways, smash my girl please?

2en6y37.gif

Spoiler [+]
There's very few REAL NT'ers who say what they feel regardless of the consensus
Like Ninja/Champion, Club 29, Henzo, Sherwin100's and Dirty ...I'd rather stand with a few
as 28 YEAR OLD MAN than post like sheepish social tourist scared to say he disagrees...

...I don't feel the need to fit it

my bro lives in manhattan, and hates hipsters. Nothing serious, but doesnt like them.

I dont consider myself a full-hipster(never go full ******), but i would say i do wear the clothes or fit the look/profile.

my bro lives in manhattan, and hates hipsters. Nothing serious, but doesnt like them.

I dont consider myself a full-hipster(never go full ******), but i would say i do wear the clothes or fit the look/profile.

i dont give a %++% what people do as long as you dont act like your better than everyone, smell bad, or hate on tree i dont care

i dont give a %++% what people do as long as you dont act like your better than everyone, smell bad, or hate on tree i dont care

Originally Posted by BustaDimes

I'm in an underground party in New York!
All the Hipster Girls!
I need all the Hipster Girls to come to the front, lift your shirts up, and shake your #$@.
Hipster girls, shake your #$@
Hey girl, you're mighty fine,
Let me make you all mine
You look like you're a hipster
Oh my god! Do you have a sister?
Oh my god! Do you read the Fader?
Shake your #$@, thank me later

#thankyoubasedgod

Back
Top Bottom