Niketalk what is the difference between Polo and U.S. Polo Association

A good quality shirt with a man and a horse.

Or a poor quality shirt with a handicapped man on a donkey holding a lollipop stick.

I'll take the real thing. RL Polo

So many quoteables

laugh.gif

never got the polo hype.

What's that one vid where some black dude is like "been had polo!"

Then he just keeps saying "polo, polo, polo?"

hilarious

Purple Label > Lacoste > Polo > dingy white T with the loose collar > stained too small wifebeater > USPA

Mexicans wear us polo association to the club.

They wear polo to the wedding.

If there were an actual us polo association they would not associate with us polo association

U can actually play polo in some rl gear

The cotton that uspa uses is dirty

what i find funny in a ironic way is that ppl are knocking this dude...saying stuff like oh its because its of higher quality etc...yet on a site called NIKETALK in which they produce cheaply made reproductions of shoes they made years ago with higher better quality.

And someone mention uspa is the official gear of polo...so in essence rl is the knock off. That would be like knocking someone for wearing a authentic adidas nba jersey....while wearing a nike swingman, and justifiying it by saying oh well its nike, and nike is of the utmost higher quality.

I mean i could see if the quality was subpar etc...ie h and m, (btw i know plenty of guys in here wear, seeing in the so called dressing better thread) But its the same slave labor sweatshop quality. Hell rl quslity is no better thn duckhead, nautica etc... Folks in here acting like rl...is handmade, woven spun silk or some ish, engineered from the finest clothes of all the land lol.

And like someone said ppl who got money dont worry care about brands, and when they do they buy the upper echelon of said brand. Most of the stuff i see yall posting and bragging about is the cheap stuff. Stuff outta macys, dillards etc.

And a good majority talking down on it aint got no money. Hell didnt some dude post a video of all his so called "heat" fly shoes and gear, all while having no car, and living in a home/apt the size of a utility closet? I mean if you got it and can ball out on the so called name brands, do you.

But in most cases many dudes dont got it, and aint even buying the top tier products of the brands, just buying the brand itself...the lower end of it that is.

So basically you got ppl buying cheap quality products, with a gaudy label, or what is more socially accepted vs. cheap quality products that is frowned upon....really. End of the day you both got cheap quality stuff...its just one feels superior over the other because his cheap quality product is made by a brand who makes high quality stuff, associated with a high quality product.

what i find funny in a ironic way is that ppl are knocking this dude...saying stuff like oh its because its of higher quality etc...yet on a site called NIKETALK in which they produce cheaply made reproductions of shoes they made years ago with higher better quality.

And someone mention uspa is the official gear of polo...so in essence rl is the knock off. That would be like knocking someone for wearing a authentic adidas nba jersey....while wearing a nike swingman, and justifiying it by saying oh well its nike, and nike is of the utmost higher quality.

I mean i could see if the quality was subpar etc...ie h and m, (btw i know plenty of guys in here wear, seeing in the so called dressing better thread) But its the same slave labor sweatshop quality. Hell rl quslity is no better thn duckhead, nautica etc... Folks in here acting like rl...is handmade, woven spun silk or some ish, engineered from the finest clothes of all the land lol.

And like someone said ppl who got money dont worry care about brands, and when they do they buy the upper echelon of said brand. Most of the stuff i see yall posting and bragging about is the cheap stuff. Stuff outta macys, dillards etc.

And a good majority talking down on it aint got no money. Hell didnt some dude post a video of all his so called "heat" fly shoes and gear, all while having no car, and living in a home/apt the size of a utility closet? I mean if you got it and can ball out on the so called name brands, do you.

But in most cases many dudes dont got it, and aint even buying the top tier products of the brands, just buying the brand itself...the lower end of it that is.

So basically you got ppl buying cheap quality products, with a gaudy label, or what is more socially accepted vs. cheap quality products that is frowned upon....really. End of the day you both got cheap quality stuff...its just one feels superior over the other because his cheap quality product is made by a brand who makes high quality stuff, associated with a high quality product.
You have no business speaking on this ulness you wear Ralph Lauren clothing, specifically the Fall/Winter lines.

You have no business speaking on this ulness you wear Ralph Lauren clothing, specifically the Fall/Winter lines.

um sheeps gonna sheep.... i have and owned/own some polo.... but it is what it is. And rl isnt a top tier, higher quality brand in most parts. Purple Label sure some pieces, the suits in most part sure.... The basic clothing especially what i see in the polo thread...um no. Its made from the SAME shop, SAME material that chaps etc.. is made. And what kills me ppl actually think the clothing etc. at ross/tj max/marshalls is of cheaper quality. Newsflash it is the EXACT same as the ones at the department store. tjmaxx etc... get the clothes that are in bulk, didnt sell, or out of season from the major department stores.

So basically you cats are saying a 350 buck polo sweater at nordstrom, that didnt sell very well..somehow lost quality and turns into cheaply made once macys/nordstrom/ ralph lauren store liquidate sell it to ross? Man i heard of sheeps and stupid...but this really takes the cake. Something transforms and changes quality and how it was built once it leaves one place and goes to another.

Last edited:
um sheeps gonna sheep.... i have and owned/own some polo.... but it is what it is. And rl isnt a top tier, higher quality brand in most parts. Purple Label sure some pieces, the suits in most part sure.... The basic clothing especially what i see in the polo thread...um no. Its made from the SAME shop, SAME material that chaps etc.. is made. And what kills me ppl actually think the clothing etc. at ross/tj max/marshalls is of cheaper quality. Newsflash it is the EXACT same as the ones at the department store. tjmaxx etc... get the clothes that are in bulk, didnt sell, or out of season from the major department stores.

So basically you cats are saying a 350 buck polo sweater at nordstrom, that didnt sell very well..somehow lost quality and turns into cheaply made once macys/nordstrom/ ralph lauren store liquidate sell it to ross? Man i heard of sheeps and stupid...but this really takes the cake. Something transforms and changes quality and how it was built once it leaves one place and goes to another.
You've owned/own some polo. Exactly, you have no business speaking on this. Your trying to turn this into a discussion on discount retail outlets when the disciussion is about the quality of Ralph Lauren clothing, of which you have never owned or hand your hands on regarding the higher quality items. My point is, unless you've had your hands on a $1,500 cashmere sweater or a $3,500 lambskin peice of outwear then you have no business speaking on this.

The only difference is social perception. People associate RL with a higher standard of clothing and lifestyle. That is due to excellent marketing by RL. USPA comes at a cheaper price point, and is associated with the lower socioeconomic class.

I never understood people that knocked those that wear USPA. I worked at TJ Maxx in HS and we sold both. A regular RL sold for $35 and a USPA sold for $13. Not everyone wants to spend the difference to impress y'all. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself that. Because I was scared to wear USPA, I spent hundreds on RL shirts and jackets. I still have a lot of them, but that money would have been more useful in other areas

I never knew ralph lauren was a brand to brag about wearing... Its cheap enough unless you are rocking purple/black label. Still got mad love for their OCBDs, shorts, and wool sweaters though.

Not tryna hate because I do kinda get what ur saying but, honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom