Niketalk what is the difference between Polo and U.S. Polo Association

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Yea you can go butt sledding on the hot street in some Wranglers with no damage to them at all. I can't wear them though because I don't like the ball separation they cause. You get one ball on one side of the seam/zipper and then a ball and your **** on tight tucked on the other.

And
laugh.gif
at the thought of affordability having anything to do with it if you aren't a slave to brand logos.

the troll is strong in you...you just gonna forget how the last point you tried to make in this thread was shut down?

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

If USPA was around 49 yrs before Ralph Lauren was born, how could they be the ones copying. They existed 77 yrs longer. Reality > Hype

Originally Posted by Antidope

We all know the answer to this question. Superficial mentality is the difference between them, and I own a lot of Ralph Lauren and no USPA at all. Shirts are shirts when it comes down to it and the extra money we pay is for ourselves whether it be to impress others or to for ourselves. That being said I'm blessed to be in a situation where I can even make a choice like that cause all around the world theres people who can't even comprehend this choice and would just take a shirt period.
This

my thing also is uspa trys to hard to be like RL and that what kills me
like the big ponys and big numbers makes you feel like they trying to g someone up
i could hear someone on 28th & bway talking about "its the same thing! SAME THING!"
maybe if uspa contributed something to the game i would atleast think about it

Originally Posted by FedExciter

point me to where I said I shop at Nordstorms and I swear to god ill paypal you $50

stop getting offended because people like quality and u will be alright

Then why ask me if I knew where one was. I assumed that's where you shopped? If I'm wrong wh the point of bringing it up?at was

^ fubu was good quality

i had a couple of the jerseys when i was in highschool, they got washed at least once a week and stayed fresh

and back in the day white kids were killing it just as much as us

point me to where I said I shop at Nordstorms and I swear to god ill paypal you $50

stop getting offended because people like quality and u will be alright

Then why ask me if I knew where one was. I assumed that's where you shopped? If I'm wrong what was the point of bringing it up?

I never asked you where one was...reading comprehension my dude, reading comprehension

convo done, go play somewhere

never once did I mention how much i pay for clothes or where i shopped

homeboy asked the difference and i gave my opinion, and u dudes that purchase all your gear from the t-shirt and incense spot got offended

Does Sketcher's even make ball sneaks? Even if so, I doubt I find them aesthetically pleasing nor big man certified. I do vaguely remember Rick Fox and Wally Sczerbiak in magazine ads for them, but Fox still balled in Nike's. I have 2 pair of the inaugural Starburys. While I totally applaud his effort and what he wanted to do, those shoes had no type of structural integrity or impact protection. I currently hoop in LeBron 8s or Nike Air MaxCB34 Retros.

Polo Ralph lauren inc. out since 1967.    U.S POLO association. out for a few years. Ralph lauren tried beaten the u.s polo association in court because he said that the other company copied. but the judge wasn't buying it.  judge ruled that the word POLO could not be trademarked, and that all the other company has to do was change their logo a bit. but everybody and their moms can tell the difference.

I have some 10 year old polos that I still wear with no fading. I can't say the same for other low tier brands. While not all my polos have lasted that long, some have.

The cotton is softer on polos. Their sweats are softer than other brands. Their fleece is softer against your skin.

That's not to say it justifies the difference between $50(polo) and $10(no name) but there is a difference.

Polo also has better designs than the other brands.

I never found Ralph Lauren to be of an oustanding quality, though I can't speak for USPA. I strongly suspect people that cite quality are deluding themselves, though maybe they've just had a different experience.

The answer is obvious, though. How can a Jew from the Bronx become the world wide icon of WASP, blue blood, country club attire? Marketing and branding. Ralph Lauren has become the standard. Anything that deviates from that is not accepted. Same reason Lacoste surged before coming immediately back to earth ten years ago.

Really though, the only difference is what OTHERS WILL THINK OF YOU.

... and the difference in your wallet after you buy these items.

go to footlocker, they have polos for $5 right now

i bet USPA is made in the same factory as ralph lauren

laugh.gif
@the dudes trying to clown OP cuz they spend all their disposable income on stuff made in a country with slave labor. this whole "quality" argument is garbage.....nothing is real quality anymore because its all made in china or somewhere else with slave labor.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I wish people would just admit that they're materialistic. ##!%## in here talking about shirt quality and cotton blends and !!#*. Let's be honest...none of us really cares about any of that !!#*. 

same way I wish people would stop trying to speak for other people, U cant tell the next man the reason why  he buys things  FOH

we all make our own decisions and for different reasons. some people actually care about the quality of the things they spend their hard earned money on, i know i do

cant speak for nobody else on this board but me...  if you don't care for the quality of the things you spend your money on then u obviously aint making enough

To add on to what you said, those 100% cotton RL shirts > cotton/poly blends.

100% cotton is more breathable since it's a natural fabric.

So in that sense at least someone here is a conscious shopper

Ralph Lauren has more available clothing lines for all price points, with clothing constructed of luxury materials available, and a rich history of design and quality.

USPA is what it is.  One clothing line geared towards consumers that like the look of Ralph Lauren Polo clothing.

Buy what you like OP.

Ralph Lauren need to drop a shirt that says, in big block letters, "RALPH LAUREN IS NOT ASSOCIATED".

^ lol just did a quick google for 100% cotton polos. Found hundreds for 20-30 bucks lol soooooooo............

Stop tryna justify the fact you cop because that's what people say. I'm just like you but I can admit it. You wouldn't catch me in some USPA, but I won't tell you it's because of "quality". I don't wanna catch any of you in the JB threads if your standards are "quality" driven.

the quality of the shirt has nothing to do with the fabric but how it is made. there are lots of more expensive brands that use poly/cotton blends. anything that says made in china isnt going to be some superior quality garment. poly/cotton blends actually hold their shape and color better than 100% cotton.

here's a quality polo that doesnt cost an arm and a leg

http://allusaclothing.com...ue_polo_made_in_usa.aspx

made in USA........bamboo

bamboo fabric is extremely soft and breathable

"conscious shopper"
laugh.gif
  you can find 100s of polos with equal or better quality than polo for a fraction of the price. only difference is they dont have a horse on the shirt
wink.gif

cotton is more breathable than a synthetic poly blend...

Dri-fit wicks moisture away, does nothing about breathability.

Regardless, there is an apparent difference in quality. It could be from the materials used or the craftsmanship, hence the different tiers of RL as I mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

He don't shop at Nordstrom's B. Too low budget.

Homie only shops at Bergdorf. w/ Vip access to the Money Room in the back where they keep the REAL high quality %**+. Polos made of Ancient Egyptian Silk that were actually handcrafted in the Pyramids.
jeffrey_wright_shaft_003.jpg

yall dudes are googling shirts talking about ''heres a quality shirt'''

how can u speak on the quality of something u never touched, wore, or washed repeatedly???????

and stop talking about the price of %%$+, i never once mentioned any prices or stores

i own more $20-30 RL pieces than u do clothes period...cost has nothing to do with anything

''i googled this'' ''i googled that'' get out the house and touch some of these fabrics, how can u tell how quality something is by looking online

if u wear $5 footlockers joints then do your thing, not once in this thread did I clown anybody for not rocking with RL

homeboy posted a link to some polo with 3/4 length sleeves, u cant ever speak to me about fashion again , nope, uh uh ...enjoy yall nights

I'm sure Nike and Sketchers use slave labors, does that mean you would wear a pair of sketchers because the quality of both products are about the same?

I'm sure you can get the same education from a SUNY and a CUNY but wouldn't (certain) SUNY schools look better?

Im sure Frosted Flakes with Tony the Tiger taste the same as Frosted Flakes with a damn Penguin on them but wouldn't you buy the Kellogg brand instead?

Save me with the "conscious consumer" talk fam

Back
Top Bottom