NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't taken a headcount lately, but the max will probably be something like 50 so there should still be opportunity there if anyone's interested. 

We want to give motivated regular contributors the chance to get to know the system ahead of time and provide input on various aspects of the new site, like ad placement, to make the site the best it can be before we launch.  
Is the transition happening in June or later around the end of July to early August?

Right now, there are no last post previews on desktop or mobile.

You can see a preview of a topic post on mouseover, but not the last reply.

I know that previewing the most recent reply can be helpful at times, but there are often cases where it's undesirable as well.  If it's something people really miss, perhaps there's a way to selectively reintroduce it, but it won't be available at launch. 

That's some good news, always love the minimalist style :pimp:

Can we leave wavy daddy here?
Yes.
That's some good news, always love the minimalist style
pimp.gif
Even though the platform is due for a major new release in ~ 12 months that could require us to redo much of the work in creating a custom style for the site, we still made the decision to hire a great designer and create a custom look for the site.  Style is important to our community, and the place needs to feel like home.  It's worth the money. 

If anything, the new site will likely be even more minimalist than the current one.  There are some inconsistencies and inefficiencies to the current site design that have annoyed me for the better part of five years now.  

I know, though, that many people are pretty attached to the current site - particularly on mobile, where there's a very efficient use of space.  Our goal isn't to create something flashy and overproduced just to prove we spent money.  We want something clean and timeless. 
Is the transition happening in June or later around the end of July to early August?
By June 30[sup]th[/sup]  of this year, NikeTalk will part ways with Wikia and will relaunch on a new platform and an independent host.
One additional word on scheduling:  when the new site is ready, we'll do our best to avoid overlapping with any major releases or events, like the NBA draft, the Jordan 13/14, or the Yeezy release.  That may not be 100% possible, but we're willing to push the departure back a bit if needed to minimize the disruption.
Sounds good.

I'll check the thread and my PM box frequently.
We'll need to PM testers to supply you with login credentials.  I'd say the test period is roughly two weeks away.

A few spots remain, but we can't take more than 50 total.  

damn i hope the black background wont change , i am sick of white backgrounds on social media and most sites 

Looking forward to the next change. The evolution from yuku to now is crazy.

Not sure if I indicated on the first couple of pages, but count me in for the beta testing, Meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom