*~*~Niketalk x South By Southwest 2011. March 19, 2011. Need a list of those attending!!!~*~*

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

what does Southwest have to do with this trip?? if its what I'm thinking.. im involved.

I think you might be confused, South By Southwest/SXSW is a tech/film/music festival that takes place every March in Austin. 
As far as the house deal, see if you can lock that rate in with a deposit/contract because most hotels around downtown and sublets all increase their prices during ACL & SXSW.

Do most of the events happen at venues/locations in one part of the city or it's spread out?

Do most of the events happen at venues/locations in one part of the city or it's spread out?

I got my homeboy seein was up wit a condo that you can rent for like 4-500 a night. and it isnt that far from downtown.

for you guys searchin for stuff,must of the action is gonna be right off of 6th and I-35 (which is basically the very center of town)

so try to find somethin close to that. and the zip code for that area is 78701 but right on the east side of the I-35 its 78702

if you guys were talkin about stayin 15-20 mins away that would basically be out of town because austin is pretty small and if you go 15 to 20 mins away from downtown in any direction its basically on the outskirts.

and if yall get that condo,thats gonna have to be the afterparty spot.

but try to get it as close to downtown as possible.

that makes things much easier when people are drunk after the club. nobody wants to drive 20 mins to a afterparty at 3am lol.

I got my homeboy seein was up wit a condo that you can rent for like 4-500 a night. and it isnt that far from downtown.

for you guys searchin for stuff,must of the action is gonna be right off of 6th and I-35 (which is basically the very center of town)

so try to find somethin close to that. and the zip code for that area is 78701 but right on the east side of the I-35 its 78702

if you guys were talkin about stayin 15-20 mins away that would basically be out of town because austin is pretty small and if you go 15 to 20 mins away from downtown in any direction its basically on the outskirts.

that makes things much easier when people are drunk after the club. nobody wants to drive 20 mins to a afterparty at 3am lol.

Most events are free with RSVP and are in walking distance if not on 6th and 5th street

Most events are free with RSVP and are in walking distance if not on 6th and 5th street

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

A lot are on 6th street plus around downtown.  Its all in the same area, mainly walking distance.  

A lot are on 6th street plus around downtown.  Its all in the same area, mainly walking distance.  

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Makes a lot of sense. I was thinking about this last night as well. Most people aren't going to want to drive 20 minutes out to an afterparty especially chicks if dudes are trying to pick some up.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Makes a lot of sense. I was thinking about this last night as well. Most people aren't going to want to drive 20 minutes out to an afterparty especially chicks if dudes are trying to pick some up.

TIPS FOR BEATING TRAFFIC IN AUSTIN

There are none. Don't bother driving downtown 'cause the roads will be blocked and it will only make it harder on yourself. Seriously, ride a bike, the bus or walk.

TIPS FOR BEATING TRAFFIC IN AUSTIN

There are none. Don't bother driving downtown 'cause the roads will be blocked and it will only make it harder on yourself. Seriously, ride a bike, the bus or walk.

All within walking distance and if needed, a quick bus ride away. I, personally, drive to all SXSW events, but walking is not out of the question ...

All within walking distance and if needed, a quick bus ride away. I, personally, drive to all SXSW events, but walking is not out of the question ...

I pray to God school doesn't clash with this. I might ++$$ around do all my assignments a week early.

I pray to God school doesn't clash with this. I might ++$$ around do all my assignments a week early.

Back
Top Bottom