Nikon S550 vs Canon SD1100? Which is better?

what would you guys recommend for just an amateur person who every now and then just wants to snap a couple pictures? I just want something that will take agood picture because i really don't have the skills.

get the canon...i have sd1000 and i love it, it takes great pictures. so im guessing the sd1100 should be much better.

how much are these anyways .. Im new to photography and I was looking for a good 10-12MP digital Cam ...

neither........ the 870 that just dropped is the *+@$ the 1000+ models are cool, but theres MUCH better for not much more the 750 is still *+@$ sick, now itsas cheap as $200 at bestbuy, the 850 is better at $250 and the new 870 is dope as hell at about $280 or 300

i'm looking for a camera that will take really good high quality pics. probably looking for a 10-12mp digi cam (price range 200-400).

i've been looking at the canon powershot sd950 is. anyone have that? any good?

41O582sxg6L._AA280_.jpg

The canon powershot 950 IS.

what do you guys suggest? or will a camera with lower mp do the job?

Picture quality doesn't depend on how high the mega pixels are. But if you want the best mp, get Canon 1Ds mark III 21.1 MP.
happy.gif

^^ LMAO ... I just asked how much where they .. I know I went this weekend to see some camaras but they are the ones that have replaceble lens and flash ..they started like 550 .. thats why I was asking if these were like that ..

Out of the two your looking at, the sd1100. It even has the IS on that particular camera.

Picture quality depends on the settings of the camera. I mean, if you're only posting pics on NT and other internet sites, you could use a 1 megapixelsetting and have them turn out great; not so much when you're cropping/editing/enlarging.

Depends on what kind of picture your taking.

Picture quality can come from the right focus, the lighting, shutter speed and so on. But thats mostly on slrs. If you just want a regular point and shoot getthe canon powershot.

CANON 870is

sickest point and shoot camera out..

just ordered it off amazon - around $290 shipped

Originally Posted by LovePham

Picture quality doesn't depend on how high the mega pixels are. But if you want the best mp, get Canon 1Ds mark III 21.1 MP.
happy.gif

if you want a higher number of mp, get Hasselblad H3D 39 MP

Originally Posted by cor23ey

CANON 870is

sickest point and shoot camera out..

just ordered it off amazon - around $290 shipped

Not really. The best point and shoot around is probably the Canon G9. next to that is the superzoom Canon S5 IS which also has amazing video capabilities.

Originally Posted by malumouse

Originally Posted by LovePham

happy.gif

if you want a higher number of mp, get Hasselblad H3D 39 MP

With that price, I rather buy a BMW 3 series.
laugh.gif

my girl literally just bought an s550 yesterday and so far, we both love it. personally, i have a nikon d40x and nikon are amazing cameras. if i were youthough, i would get the nikon s700 which is what im about to get. you can find those online for around $250 with 12 megapixels.

Originally Posted by Wear Rare Airs

ok, so i kinda narrowed it down to the SD750,SD870, and the SD1100. which one do you guys recommend?

870 has a larger and higher quality screen, and a 3.8x wide angle zoom lens, while the sd1100 has a 3x optical zoom. IS is image stabilization btw. Iwouldn't mess with the 750 at all when comparing those three.

i get mixed reviews with the 870 and 1100. alot say the 1100 is better, but im leaning towards the 870. so you guys think i should get the 870 then?

When it comes to point & shoot cameras, definitely go for a Canon. I've used a 870, and love it.

Back
Top Bottom