• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's a well known fact that Nintendo's online infrastructure is a complete joke when compared to Xbox Live, PSN, and the myriad of different services available for the PC. I am glad there are a handful of games that have a decent online following on the Switch, but how many people are going to be willing to pay for it?

i slander Nintendo all year round and have been since the N64. Still buy their consoles because I am a hardcore gamer, but I'm not naive enough to think that any Nintendo console can stand on it's own compared to the competition. Nintendo consoles are a supplement to any true gamers diet and nothing more. You would starve if you thought otherwise. How many people here ONLY own a Switch?

i slander Nintendo all year round and have been since the N64. Still buy their consoles because I am a hardcore gamer, but I'm not naive enough to think that any Nintendo console can stand on it's own compared to the competition. Nintendo consoles are a supplement to any true gamers diet and nothing more. You would starve if you thought otherwise. How many people here ONLY own a Switch?
own all 3
but only play gears
and
on ps4 only played god of war and dbfighterz
in the past year
other than that
only used as a bluray player

What do you even define as a “true gamer” then??

I own a PS4 and Switch and before the Switch came out you couldn’t have paid me to believe it would replace my PS4 as my go to and #1

A year and a half later the only reason I touch my PS4 is for FighterZ and I’ll be trading in my PS4 copy the second the Switch version drops

Every single 3rd party game I’ve had the chance to cop on the Switch, I’ve done so because it’s portability makes it vastly superior to anything Sony is offering right now

2K18, Sonic Forces, Xenoverse 2, One Piece World Red, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Attack on Titan 2 are all 3rd party titles I own with Sony and Microsoft counterparts

All of those run smooth as butter on the Switch with minimal dropout in frame rate and graphics

The only time I’ve ever seen anyone complain about the Switch’s frame rates and graphics are when they’re intentially going out of there way to find the faults or compare the specs

Most “hardcore gamers” in 2018 are just following the dumb narrative that Nintendo can’t be a heavy hitter compared to Sony and Microsoft

They making big body moves and the world gonna see come holiday season where everyone’s money at

Pokémon and Smash Bros are gonna set the world on fire

Last edited:
The stuff Sony and Microsoft get away with is insane to me. Sony's format was complete trash. 5 minutes of an awkward old white guy playing a banjo, culture vulture white people appropriating Asian flutes, unnecessary breaks in between showing games. Sony showed games we've seen multiple times and people are legitimately content with having one exclusive game for the rest of the year. Not to mention the travesty that is Death "Walking".

Microsoft basically lies and calls every multi-plat game an "Exclusive" every year. It's so blatant and laughable. They have been so trash in the past few years, just not dropping the ball this year have people praising Microsoft for a job well done. They basically conceded this console generation when they strategically made a point to announce they've been hard at work on the next XBox console. The same old Gears of War, Halo, and Forza... >D

The Switch is the hottest hardware in the world right with multiple EXCLUSIVE games coming out THIS year. Nintendo has really spoiled us in the last year with the Switch. New IP, remakes, remasters, new games in beloved franchises in year one.

If we being real, all Nintendo has to do is show the new Smash Bros and Pokemon and its a wrap. That beats everything else that was shown by the other companies. BUT, Nintendo has always been graded on a curve and us fans expect more so of course they will delver more than that. Tomorrow morning Nintendo will win E3 just like they did last year, but of course no one will actually knowledge it. Last year Mario Odyssey won game of the year, it came out was great and sold millions. Meanwhile Sony fans are still waiting to play Spiderman which was shown 3 years ago.:rofl:

A "true gamer" plays good games regardless of the platform then are on. The Switch is a cool portable console, and as long as I look at it like that I won't be too disappointed, however trying to compare it to an Xbox One, PS4... and to an even greater extent, the PS4 Pro, One X, or a decent gaming PC... there is no comparison. Nintendo has always done their own thing, for better or worse (usually worse)... but for the past 3 generations they have purposefully created underpowered consoles to save money, and thus, have made it far less likely to get mulitplatform ports. Yes, Nintendo games tend to do well, but for ever Mario and Zelda there's an Assassin's Creed and Battlefield, etc etc that also sell just as much or more. Not saying that they are better or worse, but they are popular enough that most people wouldn't limit themselves to the ONLY console that doesn't get most of these games.

It's one thing to have or not have exclusives. It's another to not get most of the most popular games that are on every other console or obviously inferior ports of these games. Portability is great, but it's not a priority for most adults in the US... higher fidelity graphics > portability.

I just need more games!

I sold my switch a while back, I wasn’t playing it. Reason why cause there wasn’t any games anymore for me to play. I put 100 hours in mk8, 100 in Zelda, beat Mario. Played splatoon on my down time. Those games are great but that’s all that there was. i wasnt gonna spend $60 for Kirby or any of the ports. I also want other stuff at the same time it gets released on PS4/Microsoft not a year later.

Nintendo is going to win because they will announce games that are actually coming out this year. Plus fortnite is the hottest game believe it or not it will be a system seller. Add some Nintendo skins to it and bam.

Gimme a limited console or something. Smash switch bundle.

I just need more games!

I sold my switch a while back, I wasn’t playing it. Reason why cause there wasn’t any games anymore for me to play. I put 100 hours in mk8, 100 in Zelda, beat Mario. Played splatoon on my down time. Those games are great but that’s all that there was. i wasnt gonna spend $60 for Kirby or any of the ports. I also want other stuff at the same time it gets released on PS4/Microsoft not a year later.

Nintendo is going to win because they will announce games that are actually coming out this year. Plus fortnite is the hottest game believe it or not it will be a system seller. Add some Nintendo skins to it and bam.

Gimme a limited console or something. Smash switch bundle.
All these hours u claim
In mk8
But never apart of the nt tourneys :nerd:
I’m confused

A "true gamer" plays good games regardless of the platform then are on. The Switch is a cool portable console, and as long as I look at it like that I won't be too disappointed, however trying to compare it to an Xbox One, PS4... and to an even greater extent, the PS4 Pro, One X, or a decent gaming PC... there is no comparison. Nintendo has always done their own thing, for better or worse (usually worse)... but for the past 3 generations they have purposefully created underpowered consoles to save money, and thus, have made it far less likely to get mulitplatform ports. Yes, Nintendo games tend to do well, but for ever Mario and Zelda there's an Assassin's Creed and Battlefield, etc etc that also sell just as much or more. Not saying that they are better or worse, but they are popular enough that most people wouldn't limit themselves to the ONLY console that doesn't get most of these games.

It's one thing to have or not have exclusives. It's another to not get most of the most popular games that are on every other console or obviously inferior ports of these games. Portability is great, but it's not a priority for most adults in the US... higher fidelity graphics > portability.
:lol:
I’m not trippin off not playing madden
Or cod
Or whatever on switch
I play primarily docked
Sits right next to my Xbox
Ps4
Nintendo games have something
That others don’t
Last of us
Is in my top 5
But haven’t played since I beat it
Same for last god of war
Great game but haven’t picked it back up
Now Zelda
Mario
Splatoon
Mk8
That’s a different story

I don't even know why you having a conversation about power in a Nintendo thread then.

Plus, you've made it clear in both the Sony & Microsoft threads that you are PC Master Race as well..............which means you just hate console gaming more or less and would rather multi-plats dominate on high powered PCs.

I get your fam, but you know to never walk into a Nintendo thread with that #PCMasterRace mindset of yours and expecting to change people's minds.

That type of mindset is exactly why those folk in the E3 thread **** on anyone that says #PCMasterRace anyway, start getting that into perspective the moment you start a conversation in here OR even the Sony thread when it comes to "bashing consoles for having EXCLUSIVES" and expecting everything to be multi-plats with MAX POWERED GRAPHICS.

When it comes to quality of games and especially ones with replay value, Nintendo has owned that department ever since their inception

That cannot he argued at all

Portability > slightly better graphics and frame rate

I've never cared about PC vs console or Microsoft vs Sony vs Nintendo or any of that ish.

It is all fun and jokes in the E3 thread when it comes to picking a bias, but in reality..........I'm with you.

I gave up on console wars the moment Sony & Microsoft started their ****-measuring contest of who can have the "BEST BLACK BOX" in the market, and Nintendo released Super Mario Bros Wii-U as a lackluster launch title (essentially the reason why I still have hatred towards the Wii-U era in general, it was a ******* disappointment).

When it comes to quality of games and especially ones with replay value, Nintendo has owned that department ever since their inception

That cannot he argued at all

Portability > slightly better graphics and frame rate

I disagree to an extent, but that is b/c I was never a "big portable guy" growing up.

My reason for owning a Gameboy Color back in the day was Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Silver, BUT I couldn't give a **** about any other "portable" games after that.

Even the DS and 3DS games, I didn't really **** with at all.........portability is not the "do-or-die" with me for most games.

The Switch is an intriguing shocker b/c it gave the ability to take HOME CONSOLE QUALITY games "on-the-go," but it depends on which games got that home console quality.

In an sense for me, I can't go back to 30 FPS on NBA 2K games.........I'm sorry, so that is where I had to say "no" to portability. If my NBA 2K is not at 60 FPS, I'm going back to my PS4.

Now a game like Dragon Ball on the other hand OR most "japanese-style games," I prefer them on Nintendo consoles regardless of portability or not........which is why the moment FighterZ is rumored to be announced for the Switch, I literally prepared my PS4 version to be traded off (deleting the install file off my PS4's hard drive space).

Mario Odyssey "on-the-go" was a no-brainer because I always wished back as a kid to have a "Mario game" in portable form with "Super Mario 64/Galaxy" quality graphics & gameplay, and the Switch accomplished that dream.

Last edited:
I've never cared about PC vs console or Microsoft vs Sony vs Nintendo or any of that ish.
In truth I don’t either
Have had all 3 the past 3 gens
But I enjoy ruffling ps and m$ fans feathers
They be so sensitive
Us nintendo fans
Just enjoy games
And don’t care bout nothing else
But then other folks
Get so butthurt
It’s hilarious

Back
Top Bottom