• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wii U’s GameCube Controller Adapter works with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller/Pro, Wii U Pro Controller

The GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U won’t just be compatible with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. As stated on Nintendo UK’s official store, the product works “with all games supported by the Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro and Wii U Pro Controller.”
In other words, the adapter should be usable for a bunch of games. There are quite a few Wii U-specific games that support the Pro Controller, and there are plenty of other titles that are compatible with the Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro.

SMASH BROS NOVEMBER 21st

:smokin

Perfect execution on the .gif repped

Man I wish Nintendo would give us a proper Super Mario World sequel. Yoshi's Island was great but not a true sequel. After watching that Captain Toad trailer, I'm at work reminiscing
laugh.gif

Agreed. Yoshis island is a certified classic and was dope in every way and should also get a true sequel...

But super Mario world deserves a 2D sequel set in the same world with the same enemies and level format plus new enemies/level styles. The same composer doing the same type of music with the same charm.

Nintendo, as with any other company, in this day and age doesn't have what it takes to make a game comparable to something back then.

And I know ppl here love tropical freeze but na. Doesn't hold a candle to the first or second dkc. Just my opinion tho. It seems like these companies have more and work less. Back then they had less and made it into gold.

Agreed. Yoshis island is a certified classic and was dope in every way and should also get a true sequel...

But super Mario world deserves a 2D sequel set in the same world with the same enemies and level format plus new enemies/level styles. The same composer doing the same type of music with the same charm.

Nintendo, as with any other company, in this day and age doesn't have what it takes to make a game comparable to something back then.

And I know ppl here love tropical freeze but na. Doesn't hold a candle to the first or second dkc. Just my opinion tho. It seems like these companies have more and work less. Back then they had less and made it into gold.

I know the New Super Mario Bros. for Wii n Wii U aren't that great but they seem to be what you're looking for. I think there's only so much you can do with 2D, tbh. Simply put, in terms of Mario, Nintendo moved on and put their time and resources into evolving n innovating and eventually made games like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 which imo, are up there with the all time greats. They pushed platforming so far forward with Galaxy -- perfect gameplay, perfect level design, perfect control - even with motion, music, secret objectives, enemies, bosses and even the story is kinda deep which isn't common for a Mario game. Srsly, those 2 might b the best games of the last generation and I'm a HUGE fan of Portal 1 & 2, Half-Life 2, MGS IV, Gears of War, God of War 3, Arkham Asylum n Bioshock.

Nintendo isn't trying to make something that's comparable to games back then; they're trying to make games that blow those games out the water. And I think they're one of the few companies doing so.

Last edited:
Everything you say is true...but I still want legit sequels to SMW, SMB3 and SMRPG :lol:

New super Mario and its...sequels...don't do it for me. I guess I'm more of a traditionalist.

I wouldn't say Mario Galaxy (or 64 or sunshine) are direct sequels to Mario 3 or world either. It's something completely different and while appreciated...na.

I'd prefer a direct sequel to Mario 64 set in the mushroom kingdom but maybe that's just me. No gimmick controls either. Not knocking Galaxy. I'm on my phone so I can't really type everything I want to say.

I will say that the castle theme from new super Mario bros is on par with something from the nes/snes days tho.

Back
Top Bottom