• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Labo has me so confused. I was under the impression that it was just a bunch of card board boxes priced at a premium.

GameStop has a buy a new game for $29.99+ and get any used game 50% off until the end of today.

Picked up Digimon (new 29.99) and Smash Bros (used 27.49) for 62.80 tax online

Copped a New 3DS XL recently and hacked it immediately

Feels so good to have GBA and original DS games on hand again and hacking was pretty easy for anyone that’s thought about it

05B7CCD7-04BA-465E-8EE1-5A61C0231879.jpeg

Last edited:
Copped a New 3DS XL recently and hacked it immediately

Feels so good to have GBA and original DS games on hand again and hacking was pretty easy for anyone that’s thought about it

05B7CCD7-04BA-465E-8EE1-5A61C0231879.jpeg

can you still play the software downloaded onto the system with no issues?

can you still play the software downloaded onto the system with no issues?
Yup

Just gotta make sure you create a dummy Nintendo ID that isn’t tied to your regular Nintendo account or associated with it at all just in case Nintendo brings the hammer down on you

But even then people have said that it’s miracle status rare that they catch you it’s just a way of covering your bases

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the best Nintendo platformer of all time.

I don’t know if I can say all that, but I was having a fun time on it yesterday. I’d say the closest thing to the original DKC in terms of enjoyment.

On Wii U/Switch, sure.

Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Donkey Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest, Super Mario 64 >>>>> Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I'll definitely put DKC: TF above 3D World. I'll cop when it comes to Switch and see if I like it better this go round.

As far as 2D, don't get me wrong, Tropical Freeze is amazing and def. recaptured the magic of the 90s Dkc but I gotta go with Super Mario 3 and DKC 2. Those are peak 2D.

I'll definitely put DKC: TF above 3D World. I'll cop when it comes to Switch and see if I like it better this go round.

Did u beat champion's road?

As far as 2D, don't get me wrong, Tropical Freeze is amazing and def. recaptured the magic of the 90s Dkc but I gotta go with Super Mario 3 and DKC 2. Those are peak 2D.

Did u beat champion's road?
I didn't finish the game. I made it the last world (World 8 I think) I bought it for my son and it was lost in the middle of a move back in 2016/17. That said, I hear how challenging and great it is but I don't think that makes up for the experience of the first 90% (?) of the game. I feel like that's the same response I get when I explain how I think Mario Odyssey is too easy. It's always "you gotta go complete all the moons". By no means do I think 3D World is trash, I just never thought it was up there with what I consider top-tier Mario i.e. SMW, SMB3, SM64, SMG

I also hope rumors are true and we get that massive Mario collection. It'd be nice to go back and see where I'd rank these games now. Sometimes nostalgia can be blinding.

3d world is challenging if you 100% it but I honestly dont know what a regular playthrough without 100%ing is like so I dont know how much of a dropoff the challenge to just finish the game is.

With that said, tropical freeze is full of artificial difficulty in the form of advance by trial and error and the boss fights are unnecessarily long and difficult IMO. The charm that dkc1 and 2 had is lost now IMO. It's like they forgot what made it dope in the first place. It wasnt just that they were hard.

3d world is easily the best platformer on the wiiu and honestly in the convo for best platformer of all time IMO and should be put up there with smb3 and smw in terms of mario games. It needs a switch port badly and a sequel so ppl will care more and actually play through it.

Champions road was flames. While any of us could link a video it's one of those things ppl should play to get to and then try for themselves. The way the game just keeps going and finally ends with champions road was impressive to me and I havent felt like that playing through a game since back in the day and i was not expecting that at all.

Well hopefully we get that port sooner than later. I'd love to give it another try, have a change of opinion, and enjoy it as much as everyone seems to do. I copped NSMBU Deluxe and it's decent but I really don't like the way co-op is integrated in it. What happened to Player 1 and Player 2 taking turns? I love playing with my family but it's chaos when we're all on the screen together. It's even harder when my 6 yr old just wants to press forward and not let me collect anything.

Back
Top Bottom