Nipsey Hussle Thread; The Marathon Continues

I know few people who ordered products recently out of support, and they stay in the South and Southeast. I predict most people won't get receive their orders atleast 2 months minimum, 5 to 6 months max on orders being processed now and later on. Your probably better off just going straight to the store if your on the West Coast, or just going to visit in the future. I understand if you'll never get to the store because of specific reasons.

Yea it's been a **** show at the store pretty much everyday since everything went down. 100s of people just standing around. Cops posted patrolling. I honestly can't even tell if the store is open or not whenever I ride past.

I kind of figured it's going to be hot spot for awhile. With all of the business His brother is about to get from the store in the next 2 to 4 years, he should be set for life. Him and whoever is helping with the store could make even more money aside just from clothing. Because they could expand the merch/clothing by doing limited runs of specific hats/shirts/items, which could bring in more money because of the high volume of traffic. So people would still buy something, even if it's not what they wanted. If someone here is connected to nip or his people, please take this in consideration. Take this loss as an opportunity to make Marathon the next supreme/noah/gap, but just a hood version of those brands.

If their thinking long term, it could be done with the right marketing plan, with the right products, because the fans and customers will support long term if the business model is unique and done right. People want to support Nip because of what he stood for, so I hope they're not thinking short term, and then close it down in 5-10 years from now. They need stay on Pumas heels to release the Marathon/Puma march that was scheduled for this fall as well, that would help in a big way. I've been wondering if Puma was still going to release the Marathon merch as scheduled, because that would help promote the store in a huge way.

I also have been wondering if their going to back out of the deal because of Nips death. It's going to be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

I know few people who ordered products recently out of support, and they stay in the South and Southeast. I predict most people won't get receive their orders atleast 2 months minimum, 5 to 6 months max on orders being processed now and later on. Your probably better off just going straight to the store if your on the West Coast, or just going to visit in the future. I understand if you'll never get to the store because of specific reasons.

I could be wrong but I feel like the store won’t have the stuff I’m trying to order.

I’ve been wanting to get something off the website. If the actual store is back open Ima go pick something up from the store when I go back to LA this weekend.

If I make more than one trip over there I could pick up stuff from the store for heads on here and ship it. I’ll see what they have the first time I go to cop my stuff.

I’ve been wanting to get something off the website. If the actual store is back open Ima go pick something up from the store when I go back to LA this weekend.

If I make more than one trip over there I could pick up stuff from the store for heads on here and ship it. I’ll see what they have the first time I go to cop my stuff.

Let a brotha know if they got the black victory lap tee & OG Crenshaw tee in stock

I think the store is only open for special people/reasons. My sister was up there a few days a go and she said it was a no-go.
But good luck. Was cleaning out my shoe room last night and found some handwritten "the marathon" cds in one of my bags :frown: (that he gave out for free whenever you copped something back in the day)

All the feels came back

642B1CB6-053B-4CF9-B955-7FC0C9BC1527.jpeg

Man the more time passes and I read more about him, the more I regret not giving his music a chance when he was alive. I remember skimming through his album when it came out and just pushing it to the side. Now that I've listened to it, I've put it on everyday since he passed. It was such a good album. I cheated myself. I was never bout that life, but he made music you could relate to. Grinding, always believing in yourself, staying motivated...all messages in his music that everyone could relate to.

Slowly I’ve gotten to the point where I’m not super bummed out about the homie no longer being here in the physical. I’m now able to celebrate the dude and have been steadily running through his old tapes, reminding myself of all the gems he gave us over the years. Man, Nip’s catalog is FULL of heaters. I always knew this, but as time passes and you don’t listen to certain projects as much, it’s easy to forget.

Personally, I love when Nip would get on his **** talking, braggadocio steez. Something about his voice (pause) and the directness of his flow lent to those types of tracks coming off as a dude legit 110% confident in himself and what he was doing. It sounds crazy, but that **** is inspiring to me. :lol:

Anyways, the one song that sums all that up perfectly is this joint....

That man Nip was feelin’ himself on that joint. Mans said say his name with ****** like Malcolm and Jesus. :lol: :pimp: :pimp:

Best part though is that in the midst of talking that ****, a lot of jewels were dropped. I guess that’s why Nip is Nip.

Back
Top Bottom