Nnamdi Asomugha to be a free agent

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

dude is gonna be a charger soon
indifferent.gif

yeah i knew it would get a stoneface. regardless of where he ends up though, it sure as hell wont be in oakland

yeah i knew it would get a stoneface. regardless of where he ends up though, it sure as hell wont be in oakland

how are you so sure of that? The Raiders are in the works of bringing Rob Ryan back who Nnamdi loved playing for, and Al will offer him more $$$ than anyone else, Oakland IS a team on the rise.

how are you so sure of that? The Raiders are in the works of bringing Rob Ryan back who Nnamdi loved playing for, and Al will offer him more $$$ than anyone else, Oakland IS a team on the rise.

laugh.gif
 those penny pinchers gonna throw money at him?
roll.gif

i can probably offer nnamdi more money than the chargers will offer

laugh.gif
 those penny pinchers gonna throw money at him?
roll.gif

i can probably offer nnamdi more money than the chargers will offer

That's the wordfrom Raiders free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who was in Bristolon Friday and made several appearances on ESPN and ESPN Radio. Hedidn't say much, until his third or fourth...

"Good chance" Asomugha's back
That's the word from Raiders free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha,who was in Bristol on Friday and made several appearances on ESPN andESPN Radio. He didn't say much, until his third or fourth interview ofthe day, on SportsCenter.

He was asked if he thought he would be back in Oakland next season:

"There's a chance, there's a good chance," Asomugha said. "It'sfunny because I've been doing interviews all day and I hear a lot ofpeople saying, 'No longer an Oakland Raider,' 'You are not a ...' butanything could happen at this point.

"When you go into free agency and have options, any team is up foryou to be on -- and the Raiders, obviously with me having been therefor so long, have a great shot at it."

Does he want to come back?

"I would love to be back," Asomugha said, "but I do have options so we'll have to see what happens."

Asomugha said he wasn't aware that his contract was getting voided-- a $16.8 million option shredded because he didn't meet easy-to-meetincentives in an injury-plagued year -- until after the season was over.

"As the end of the season approached, not aware at all," he said."Because we had a chance to be in the playoffs and we're playingfootball games. When you're in that type of situation, you're neverreally thinking about what's going on with your contract and what'sgoing to happen after the season.

"So, once the season ended, that's when it kind of hit."

Earlier, Asomugha was asked his thoughts on offensive coordinator Hue Jackson possibly being named Oakland's next head coach.

"He was with us during the 8-8 season, and that was the best seasonwe've had in the last eight years. So he understands the players andknows what it takes to win. So I think bringing Hue along has to be theright choice if you're getting rid of Tom Cable."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...rs/detail?entry_id=81028

That's the wordfrom Raiders free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who was in Bristolon Friday and made several appearances on ESPN and ESPN Radio. Hedidn't say much, until his third or fourth...

That's the word from Raiders free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha,who was in Bristol on Friday and made several appearances on ESPN andESPN Radio. He didn't say much, until his third or fourth interview ofthe day, on SportsCenter.

He was asked if he thought he would be back in Oakland next season:

"There's a chance, there's a good chance," Asomugha said. "It'sfunny because I've been doing interviews all day and I hear a lot ofpeople saying, 'No longer an Oakland Raider,' 'You are not a ...' butanything could happen at this point.

"When you go into free agency and have options, any team is up foryou to be on -- and the Raiders, obviously with me having been therefor so long, have a great shot at it."

Does he want to come back?

"I would love to be back," Asomugha said, "but I do have options so we'll have to see what happens."

Asomugha said he wasn't aware that his contract was getting voided-- a $16.8 million option shredded because he didn't meet easy-to-meetincentives in an injury-plagued year -- until after the season was over.

"As the end of the season approached, not aware at all," he said."Because we had a chance to be in the playoffs and we're playingfootball games. When you're in that type of situation, you're neverreally thinking about what's going on with your contract and what'sgoing to happen after the season.

"So, once the season ended, that's when it kind of hit."

Earlier, Asomugha was asked his thoughts on offensive coordinator Hue Jackson possibly being named Oakland's next head coach.

"He was with us during the 8-8 season, and that was the best seasonwe've had in the last eight years. So he understands the players andknows what it takes to win. So I think bringing Hue along has to be theright choice if you're getting rid of Tom Cable."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...rs/detail?entry_id=81028

As a DIEHARD RAIDERS fan(dont question my fanhood) IF.... he leaves Id kinda like to see him In Baltimore. @*%% would be ridiculous!

As a DIEHARD RAIDERS fan(dont question my fanhood) IF.... he leaves Id kinda like to see him In Baltimore. @*%% would be ridiculous!

i just got his jersey as an xmas present. glad i could exchange it for store credit. now its $54.99 for the eqt jersey
laugh.gif

i just got his jersey as an xmas present. glad i could exchange it for store credit. now its $54.99 for the eqt jersey
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom