No More Mondays. Colorado School District Moves to 4 Day Weeks

ARTICLE with VIDEO
What do you guys think about this?
This is my first time hearing about a 4 day week but apparently many districts across the nation have adopted this concept.
The motive for this move is to save money and allocate the funds saved to "items more critical to the district's 'primary purpose'"
What's more important than education tho? :smh:
#SaveTheChildren

Man **** kids. As if life ain't easy enough for them.

Adults need a god damn 4 day work week. 5 days of this mundane bull**** got me wanting to pull my hair out

Really doesn't make sense to me why kids would even need a 4 day school week.
Over here when I was in highschool we had 8 class hours per day, each amounting to about 50-55 minutes of actual class on average. The remaining minutes to fill the hour mark were to account for moving to different classrooms and to give students a quick break inbetween moving classrooms. The exception was Wednesday, we always got the afternoon off and only needed to do 4 class hours then.

That roughly amounted to somewhere between 30-33 hours of actual class per week for us, which imo was fine looking back at it.
Shortly before I graduated my highschool adopted a rule change where students had an extra hour of class on Mondays but they then had 1 less hour on Friday so they could leave earlier.

I had a 4 day week back in elementary school, but that was private school. We had Fridays off but went till 4:00pm where the public school went around 3. As a kid IT was great. I can see why parents would hate IT though.

Schools never have enough funding or need to save money while administrators have fat salaries. The american education system is always criticized but no one does anything go change it. Length of time in class shouldn’t matter as long as the lessons are efficient. I remember teachers would give us a ton of homework to do most nights.

Kids should go to school year round. No more 3 months of the summer off. Year round, get intervals of a week off, during 12 months
I remember having a year round schedule during elementary school. I was shook when I transferred to a new school and had a traditional summer break.

American kids are getting dumber by the year. America is directly influencing that. The future generations are going to be trash. They already aren't playing with toys as children anymore. With no formidable childhoods, no telling what type of adults will be spurned from that. Now we're talking about letting them do less school?? Yikes dot com

Tbh, I may be for this. I believe it’s more important for kids to have more free time than to be bonded to an institution for a majority of their day and week.Education is very important, but experience and channeling their energy and imagination is also. Granted I went to a public school in a troubled city, I can recall my school day experience horrible and took too long, plus they threw in homework.

As a child, you have so much carefree time but that slowly gets taken away as you get older. So I’m all for it. School days should either be shortened or the school week.

^ you make a great point

Bruh good daycares cost too much man.

Not to mention most don't stay open past 5-6, closed on weekends and holidays, and don't provide after school transportation to the daycare.

Like our schedules don't fit that.

Mannn daycares have been winning for generations, aint no way around them if both parents work. Unless grandma down to babysit.

Back
Top Bottom