No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

We're having less kids than they did 50 years ago with half the population:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ths-fall-to-lowest-level-in-32-years-cdc-data

Curious to see where NT stands on this, personally I see raising children as the ultimate luxury. Raising a family with a strong probability of success in a major city either requires tremendous self sacrifice or millions of dollars.

Women entering the workforce has truly destroyed the ability to raise kids, among other factors such as student loan debt. Can't see it getting better anytime soon, family structure seems lost on this generation.

It’s crazy I have a circle of 6 all over 34 and me and my cousin the only ones with kids. The others have no desire to, my best friend he rather step in as Step pops then have his own. I think they scared of the responsibility bc they have the bread.

I completely understand why folks DON'T want them.

But it is eye-opening that so many PUBLIC elementary/middle schools in DC are closing down due to low enrollment. So I am seeing the influence low-birth rates and gentrification has had on THIS city

It’s crazy I have a circle of 6 all over 34 and me and my cousin the only ones with kids. The others have no desire to, my best friend he rather step in as Step pops then have his own. I think they scared of the responsibility bc they have the bread.
Why does the word SCARED have to be used? :lol:

Why can't they simply not feel like being bothered with that commitment?

Pass on kids. If I ever decide I want them, I'll adopt. Waaaaay too many marginalized children that could benefit from being taken in as opposed to being chewed up by the foster system.

And I'm not knocking people who procreate at all. It's just my personal philosophy.

thats real. Finding jobs aint no easy task, let alone getting one that pays you a worthwhile salary. So ppl bout looking at how difficult is it to just get by keeping themselves alive I cant blame em for not wanting any kids.

Thats just my take on it. With that being said I just found out my wife is pregnant on Mother's day. What are the odds..

thats real. Finding jobs aint no easy task, let alone getting one that pays you a worthwhile salary. So ppl bout looking at how difficult is it to just get by keeping themselves alive I cant blame em for not wanting any kids.

Thats just my take on it. With that being said I just found out my wife is pregnant on Mother's day. What are the odds..
Congratulations

this..once people feel good about their money, kids will repopulate everywhere.

that da liberal feminist wing tricked women into think abortion was a freedom issue instead of a human issue.
Says the guy who still lives with his mother.

No kids for me. Getting the ol' snip-snap done to make sure of it.

aintnobodygottimeforthat

For some reason, I find people who have are married/havechildren often judging those who don't, saying they haven't grown up etc.

Nah, I just don't want that responsibility right now. Don't be mad because I can do whatever I want and you're stuck :lol:
Illogical argument. :lol:

People don't like HEARING this but kids ARE an inconvenience.

Get mad, offended

I want to see the breakdown of this by race.

*edit*

ok just checked. yeah...this only affects a certain population...
lol @ using Wyoming and saying only x amount of black babies...
as if Wyoming as a state doesn't have less ppl in it than a mid sized city like charlotte.
as if Wyoming's population without ever having stepped foot in Wyoming isn't 95%+ white...

I completely understand why folks DON'T want them.

But it is eye-opening that so many PUBLIC elementary/middle schools in DC are closing down due to low enrollment. So I am seeing the influence low-birth rates and gentrification has had on THIS city

Why does the word SCARED have to be used? :lol:

Why can't they simply not feel like being bothered with that commitment?
For some reason, I find people who have are married/havechildren often judging those who don't, saying they haven't grown up etc.

Nah, I just don't want that responsibility right now. Don't be mad because I can do whatever I want and you're stuck :lol:

Unlike the previous generations, having a college degree, 60k a year job, 100k+student loans, car, Home/Auto/ Health Insurance trying to fit a child in that budget is a terrible idea economically.
We are moving from a population of people who have sex to reproduce to sex only for pleasure.
People will be gene editing their babies. Freezing their genetics in their late teens and early 20's so they can fit in the career and money we're supposed to be making then have kids much older.

"Succesful" couples are having to start later in life.
I know so many couples having kids at 30+instead of 16 to 25 like our bodies are designed for ( I know teen pregnancy yada yada). Prior to the industrial revolution, most folks bodies were broke down by 30 and lived a full hard life by then. Im also seeing a lot of middle aged 40+ guys having their first child with younger women.

We live in a illusion. Stats like this bring the issue to light. But silly corporate funded economist keep filling people heads with lies about tax cutting our way to a prosperous society.
We all got sold out.

this..once people feel good about their money, kids will repopulate everywhere.

that da liberal feminist wing tricked women into think abortion was a freedom issue instead of a human issue.
So u cool with your conservatives starting to shut down abortions again ? Ninja pro life :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom