No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

Discussion in 'General' started by americangenius, May 15, 2019.

1. youngthundercat

youngthundercat

Dog the avg family having 3 kids is a deal breaker. Somebody gotta quit and be a stay at home parent. It’s just not worth it unless y’all both making major bread.

2. blastercombo

blastercombo

Working strictly to pay daycare is a very real thing. No real solution either. I totally get why it costs what it does and would NOT skimp on something as important as childcare

36Hypno, frshstunna and dcallamerican like this.
  3. shotsrangout

shotsrangout

The world doesn’t need a shotsrangout junior.

aquatic barefoot likes this.
  4. ninjahood

ninjahood

im da old school Clinton rule of thumb on it...safe, legal, RARE.

in reality, kids is da only legacy most of ya will ever leave behind, you should look forward to eventually having some off spring..id love kids, IF i found da right woman to have em with, cuz da factor none of ya bringing up is da draconian laws against men women use on us when it comes to child support when da relationship hits da skids.

dipsetgeneral and kaye91anthony like this.
  5. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

I can afford a couple kids, I kinda want some, but I still have chosen not to be a father

The world is too **** for me to be comfortable bringing another person into it.

But yeah, raising kids is too expensive. Parents need more help.

6. Swolemeats

Swolemeats formerly 40inchboost

Kids expensive and annoying as **** :lol: ain't got time for that right now,

Got a dog he might as well be a furry child

snkrfollower and dipsetgeneral like this.
  7. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

Question for the masses.

Is legacy "overrated?"

I ask that because we will be dead either way. What do you say vs. the point of "It doesn't matter what is left behind, I won't be here to experience it either way."

getback likes this.
  8. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

@SC kid

9. blastercombo

blastercombo

Legacy literally is the meaning of sentient life on earth as we know it either physically or metaphorically lol

10. debso

debso

having kids is hard on various levels.
    there's a lot that ppl just don't even know to think about before.
    and even if you knew you cannot possibly mentally prepare for everything.
    society should be honest about having children
    and honest about ppl in positions of power that block opportunities for families to provide for said children
    and honest about how these same types of ppl block opportunies for said children.

life can be harsh.
    it isn't easy at all.
    think hard and then think again.
    make sure you're with the right person.
    make sure you understand that even if you feel in your heart that you are with the right person that everything can change.
    your life will change forever, period.

maq25060, calye2da, OTG and 4 others like this.
  11. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

For some, sure. This is probably true.

But in this context, I am referring to strictly off-spring.

12. frshstunna

frshstunna

The states still doing the abortion fight basically saying no abortions tho...with those same places not believing in social services for kids/families either that’s a recipe for disaster

snkrfollower, youngogjosh and debso like this.
  13. debso

debso

on some other stuff
    in this society I wouldn't even want to bring somebody up given ...
    nevermind. i'm still at work, lemme chill and get on my phone.

youngogjosh and dcallamerican like this.
  14. blastercombo

blastercombo

States against abortion of all sorts tend to be also at the bottom of education/literacy and higher in obesity.

15. rico x hood

rico x hood

Haven't seen this. I'm the only one of my clise group that's childless. Seems like everyone has a kid out here, many are even working on their second or already have one.

I feel like it's like any major life decision in life, proper planning, budgeting, and saving and you'll be fine.

calye2da likes this.
  16. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

I hate texas B.
    Adding another year to my lease in houston is probably gonna be another L ill have to take.

17. アキラ

アキラ

When I think of 50 years ago I think of the 1950s buts it’s now 1970s .... omg I’m getting old

18. waukeganwill

waukeganwill

Preciate that bruh

alchemist iq likes this.
  19. Grine226

Grine226

As a father, I contributed to the world, bless it with a baby girl.

But, it’s expensive :lol:

I’m too close to the end to have more. (4 more years)

Would love to have more but right now I’m living! I had baby girl at a young age.

Honestly having a child brought the best out of me...regardless of cost, I would have done it no different.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  20. gentry187

gentry187

Growing up I always said to myself that I wanted a kid by 28. I’m 33 now and have no desire for one. After seeing what some of my friends have to deal with being a parent I’ve realized that’s not a responsibility I want. If I were to ever change my mind on that though I’d probably adopt. No sense in bringing in another soul into this sick world we live in.

21. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

I want 5+ kids. S**** I’d get 10 if by possible.

My family is fertile (aunt has 6, uncle had 10)

When I get my chips right, it’s open sesame!!

It’s just so expensive and I ain’t got it like that yet

Grine226 likes this.
  22. ninjahood

ninjahood

that's cuz morons like da VA governor opened his mouth about partial birth abortions & super late trimester procedures which are horrific.

23. Grine226

Grine226

My homey has three kids. He’s married and 33. Every time another one pops up, he let out a big sigh. :lol: Acting like it’s his wife fault.

Stress all over his face. 11, 4, and 2 months :lol:

More power to him. Dude is forever working and hustling to make it work.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  24. cedric ceballos

cedric ceballos

I had my second in February. Was fortunate enough to be in a better position financially, more mature and selfless personally, and just in a much better place than when I had my first 17 years ago.

With that being said. It’s still a challenge and sacrifice albeit a fulfilling and rewarding sacrifice. I’ll be making financial sacrifices and working less to focus on the baby, vacations and trips etc will be put on hold for the moment.

With all that being said, I could see why someone in my age group (I’m 34) would want to wait to have kids. When you don’t have kids, you can be selfish (not a bad thing) and all your disposable income and leisure time is all for you. My pops was pushing 40 when I was born and I can see why he waited.

That said, aside from the having kids 16 years and some change apart part, I’m glad things played out how they did for me. Calmed my *** down lol.

25. jaypesoz

jaypesoz

3 under 3 checking in and I'm cool with it. Wife and I didn't plan for them but they're here and we're gonna give them the best life we possibly can while still living ours to the fullest, within reason. Some luck is definitely involved with having our parents to help out at times, so I don't look down on people who don't have that luxury nor ever take it for granted.

I also completely understand when people say they're an "inconvenience" but I can't take any offense because it doesn't apply to me. I'd probably get snipped at 4 tho:D

numbah1grimey likes this.