No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

i dont have any kids but i want some in the near future.
every one of my peoples who have kids tell me that it's a lot of hard work but they all say it's worth it.
i've had extensive conversations with them cause i've been anti-kids for a while

i've been working for a children's hospital for the last 4 years and i thought all the crying, bratty, and scared children would push me even further from wanting a kid but it had the opposite effect.
can't wait to have a little one and give him/her the best life i can

i think the main reason i've waited cause im not ready to be completely unselfish and that's what it takes to raise a child

I’m getting older so me and my wife talk about this **** daily, I MEAN DAILY

I think it would be dope as hell to have a little me but then I think about the money and my freedom.

Then I think about the world possibly ending in 20-30 years.

A lot of my people have kids and they’re always telling me it’s life changing and I need to have one.

It’s also crazy how many of my boys be ****in raw on the regular. I’ve only ****ed three *****es raw and the first one cause I was young and the old ***** was just like go with it. I’ve always been too scared of having kids to be raw all the time.

I’ll name that lil ***** Timb
there is no freedom.
even when you drop them off or have someone watch them you will always think about them, start talking about them, etc.
you won't even really enjoy your night out or whatever.
lol that freedom stuff is dead.

the wolverine gif with him touching the picture or a prisoner and their loved one touching glass comes to mind.

but its cool. they don't stay pint sized forever and you'll remember those moments.

everyone saying that kids are expensive aren't specifying that it's usually only very costly if you send them to a nice daycare and onto a private school. i've seen parents giving their kids cup noodles and cereal all day and the kids be wearing the same clothes days in a row. that doesn't sound too expensive.
Daycare and private school is expensive in general. Add to the fact if your household income is based off one or two parents.

It's expensive.

I’m too selfish to want a child. At least right now. Like this little ***** gonna eat before me? And I’m the one working?? No sirrrrr :lol: they’re a blessing but the timing HAS TO BE right
You too busy slaying your dimes and expressing your passion about the MCU. Kids can wait lol

everyone saying that kids are expensive aren't specifying that it's usually only very costly if you send them to a nice daycare and onto a private school. i've seen parents giving their kids cup noodles and cereal all day and the kids be wearing the same clothes days in a row. that doesn't sound too expensive.

private school = 800 a month
uniform 250 once a school year
rec soccer = 100 (one time a season)
food = 300 a month just him
clothes/shoes = 150 a month
fun stuff/toys/movies = 100 month
meds = 30 month
bday party next month = 500

all of that is now. none of that was for when he was a kid and needed diapers and hella other stuff.

I'm sure I am forgetting a lot but that's off top

I mean most people nowadays are spending their 20 & early 30s graduating from college and getting their careers on track.

No real desire to add something else to your life that will drain your money and time.

Kids are just too expensive with no real upside

I like living in nice places, driving a nice car, paying all my bills stress free, and knowing my time is MY time

Kids throw all of that into whack

And for what? By the time im geriatric cars will drive themselves and ill have a robot nurse

They're outdated. If I want unconditional love ill get a dog

Moms tried to guilt me into getting married and having kids by calling me selfish. It didn't work and that has to be one of the most hypocritical things I've ever heard.

I'm selfish because you want grand children? :stoneface:
My ppls stay on me bout getting married...they be acting like its 1950 or something and I shoulda been hitched by 23 :lol: :smh:

how is not having children being selfish? :nerd:

I view it from a “being selfish” perspective in that you only have to worry about yourself and have no obligation to anyone. Hell selfish probably isn’t the best way to word it. But it’s not a bad thing at all in my opinion.

If you’re in your 20’s or early 30’s you should be selfish and enjoy your life. No need to rush and have kids. Those years you’re an adult and don’t have kids are one of the last times things are all about you. You have disposable income and time on your hands. Two things which go to your kids when you have them. You have the leverage and luxury to take risks, travel, and do whatever you want.

I always tell this to my friends who don’t have children, they have a level of flexibility that those with children don’t. And if they want to enjoy that while they can, they should.

kids aren’t that bad. Raised 5 of them. Their actually great when age range is 0-8. It’s the teenage part when they think they know it all that’s annoying.
Best feeling in the world when you come home after hard days work and they uplift you with hugs and (+) words. You’re GOD to them.
Kids > pets

Selfish is having a bunch of kids and eating up these resources lol.

I have one child and we pay more for here Montessori school than our car notes combined. My little girl is 14 months old. I love her, but sometimes I think about what car I could have if I didn’t have that bill hahaha.

i wasn't serious about the cup noodles.

i never wanted to get married and i definitely never wanted the responsibility of having kids, until i met the woman who became my wife. i'm married and we just had our second kid and i've never had so little disposable income in my life :lol: but being a dad is by far the best thing that i've ever experienced. i see the dudes from the dad thread in here and that's probably the most consistently uplifting thread on NT and guaranteed to make me smile on even the worst days at work. being a parent can be super expensive but it's one of the few times where spending big money doesn't feel painful.

kids aren’t that bad. Raised 5 of them. Their actually great when age range is 0-8. It’s the teenage part when they think they know it all that’s annoying.
Best feeling in the world when you come home after hard days work and they uplift you with hugs and (+) words. You’re GOD to them.
Kids > pets

kids are essentially pets till they can talk back...

ill tell you this...if dogs and cats could live as long as humans, waaay more people would having less kids :lol: that dog/cat love is real.

You too busy slaying your dimes and expressing your passion about the MCU. Kids can wait lol

3AB2B788-6AE9-4525-B7F2-22FA2E4E28AB.gif

ill tell you this...if dogs and cats could live as long as humans, waaay more people would having less kids :lol: that dog/cat love is real.
Debatable....May be a factor for you though......

Besides, my theory is pet ownership has a lot to do with the lowering of birthrates.

I’m getting older so me and my wife talk about this **** daily, I MEAN DAILY

I think it would be dope as hell to have a little me but then I think about the money and my freedom.

Then I think about the world possibly ending in 20-30 years.

A lot of my people have kids and they’re always telling me it’s life changing and I need to have one.

It’s also crazy how many of my boys be ****in raw on the regular. I’ve only ****ed three *****es raw and the first one cause I was young and the old ***** was just like go with it. I’ve always been too scared of having kids to be raw all the time.

I’ll name that lil ***** Timb
WHat?

I agree 100%

@SC kid

Back
Top Bottom