No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

Yeah, the future is looking very uncertain. Not sure how long large scale civilization has left if we don't some big changes soon.

And you are honestly basing your life decisions on that?

Interesting.

Nah, I also said I love my freedom and my money. I don’t think about the world ending cause there’s nothing I can do about it but I’m aware there’s a good chance it could happen the way we killing the planet. Would be foul as **** to have a kid and then the world ends in 24 years.

Nah, I also said I love my freedom and my money. I don’t think about the world ending cause there’s nothing I can do about it but I’m aware there’s a good chance it could happen the way we killing the planet. Would be foul as **** to have a kid and then the world ends in 24 years.
How can you say it is a GOOD chance of happening?

ANd if you have a kid, and it happens. Oh well. We all die either way.

That is a funny reason to even CONSIDER not having a child

How can you say it is a GOOD chance of happening?

ANd if you have a kid, and it happens. Oh well. We all die either way.

That is a funny reason to even CONSIDER not having a child

That’s at the bottom of my list of reasons, I personally don’t have any evidence of the world ending in 20-30. So it doesn’t have an impact on whether we have them or not but it’s something I think about

I’m married and my wife wants kids, we’ll have them if we can. If for some reason we can’t have kids then we won’t.

This world needs a re-set, maybe where humans aren’t in charge.
I agree with you on the reset, naturally being a human, I'd rather not return to our ancestors position on the food chain of being the prey. :lol:

I do think that our time of extreme decadence and waste (speaking about the developed world of course) is nearing an end, all that matters is when and how it ends......

i was under the impression that scientists believe that it's critical to really start fixing the issues over the next 20-30 years or else the consequences could be dire, not that the earth will be completely scorched in 20 years.

That’s at the bottom of my list of reasons, I personally don’t have any evidence of the world ending in 20-30. So it doesn’t have an impact on whether we have them or not but it’s something I think about

I’m married and my wife wants kids, we’ll have them if we can. If for some reason we can’t have kids then we won’t.
I just find it funny that it is on the list at all.

That is ALL I am saying :lol:

You said you have no evidence but also say there is a GOOD chance. Which one is it??

There’s been a lot of reports lately about global warming and humans killing the planet. A lot of people think the world will end in 20-30 years max.
I don't know what reports you been reading but **** isn't that dire. What I've been reading is that if we don't reverse global warming by 2030 then by 2050 there will be some major consequences, not life ending :lol:

i was under the impression that scientists believe that it's critical to really start fixing the issues over the next 20-30 years or else the consequences could be dire, not that the earth will be completely scorched in 20 years.
But we'll start to see more extreme changes within that time frame. There'll be climate refugees, wars over dwindling resources, and expect all the hateful rhetoric we see now X100. Which is why I think it's now or never if we wanna see through this without repeating the horrors of the 20th century.

I personally can't understand anybody not wanting kids. That sounds like a lonely adult life.

I just find it funny that it is on the list at all.

That is ALL I am saying :lol:

You said you have no evidence but also say there is a GOOD chance. Which one is it??

I have no evidence, there’s some real interesting reports out there.

I’m more playing the probability game.

Do I think humans will take a dump on this earth and end it? I would say yes. Now is it in 20 years or 200 years, I have no clue. So no, it’s not a real factor for me.

I personally can't understand anybody not wanting kids. That sounds like a lonely adult life.

Ehhh, having kids is tough. You have to find the right person. That **** is so important when having a kid. I have so many friends struggling and stressed cause they have a kid with someone they hate.

Also being financially ready.

Also willing to make sacrifices. Some people don’t ever want to give up that night life and their freedom.

Not everyone is born to be a parent.

Also. I believe for a fact that global warming is a serious issue but I also believe that there is an interest in keeping the public in fear and worry so politicians can act on and try to appeal to those emotions.

You can't understand or you can't agree?

And why must no kids = loneliness? Especially if one is married.

Cant understand. I understand all that comes with a kid but the positives to me outweigh the negatives to me.

As you get older, personal ties weaken whether it be friendship or family. They'll still be there but more often than not, their own families will consume most of their time. Marriage can alleviate that but I would need somebody else to wake up to than the same person for the next forever :lol:

People also think their kids will be there for them, when they will also start their own lives and leave.

It can actually result in less time for hanging with family and friends, based on the single moms I come across all the time just dying for companionship/friends.
Loneliness is definitely about not having a solid partner and family to talk to more so than children.

Also. I believe for a fact that global warming is a serious issue but I also believe that there is an interest in keeping the public in fear and worry so politicians can act on and try to appeal to those emotions.

Cant understand. I understand all that comes with a kid but the positives to me outweigh the negatives to me.

As you get older, personal ties weaken whether it be friendship or family. They'll still be there but more often than not, their own families will consume most of their time. Marriage can alleviate that but I would need somebody else to wake up to than the same person for the next forever :lol:
So you simply disagree then.........

I have no evidence, there’s some real interesting reports out there.

I’m more playing the probability game.

Do I think humans will take a dump on this earth and end it? I would say yes. Now is it in 20 years or 200 years, I have no clue. So no, it’s not a real factor for me.

Ehhh, having kids is tough. You have to find the right person. That **** is so important when having a kid. I have so many friends struggling and stressed cause they have a kid with someone they hate.

Also being financially ready.

Also willing to make sacrifices. Some people don’t ever want to give up that night life and their freedom.

Not everyone is born to be a parent.
I understand that. Maybe I just like kids more than most but I couldn't see myself and life without kids . If there ever was a point where I would be with someone serious and she didn't want kids, that would be a deal breaker for me

Back
Top Bottom