No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

And deciding to have kids would be easier if we had universal day care...most ppl are working parents now and day care costs are just too much to justify having kids sometimes
Dog the avg family having 3 kids is a deal breaker. Somebody gotta quit and be a stay at home parent. It’s just not worth it unless y’all both making major bread.

And deciding to have kids would be easier if we had universal day care...most ppl are working parents now and day care costs are just too much to justify having kids sometimes
Working strictly to pay daycare is a very real thing. No real solution either. I totally get why it costs what it does and would NOT skimp on something as important as childcare

So u cool with your conservatives starting to shut down abortions again ? Ninja pro life :nerd:

im da old school Clinton rule of thumb on it...safe, legal, RARE.

in reality, kids is da only legacy most of ya will ever leave behind, you should look forward to eventually having some off spring..id love kids, IF i found da right woman to have em with, cuz da factor none of ya bringing up is da draconian laws against men women use on us when it comes to child support when da relationship hits da skids.

i
in reality, kids is da only legacy most of ya will ever leave behind, y.

Question for the masses.

Is legacy "overrated?"

I ask that because we will be dead either way. What do you say vs. the point of "It doesn't matter what is left behind, I won't be here to experience it either way."

Question for the masses.

Is legacy "overrated?"

I ask that because we will be dead either way. What do you say vs. the point of "It doesn't matter what is left behind, I won't be here to experience it either way."
Legacy literally is the meaning of sentient life on earth as we know it either physically or metaphorically lol

having kids is hard on various levels.
there's a lot that ppl just don't even know to think about before.
and even if you knew you cannot possibly mentally prepare for everything.
society should be honest about having children
and honest about ppl in positions of power that block opportunities for families to provide for said children
and honest about how these same types of ppl block opportunies for said children.

life can be harsh.
it isn't easy at all.
think hard and then think again.
make sure you're with the right person.
make sure you understand that even if you feel in your heart that you are with the right person that everything can change.
your life will change forever, period.

im da old school Clinton rule of thumb on it...safe, legal, RARE.

in reality, kids is da only legacy most of ya will ever leave behind, you should look forward to eventually having some off spring..id love kids, IF i found da right woman to have em with, cuz da factor none of ya bringing up is da draconian laws against men women use on us when it comes to child support when da relationship hits da skids.
The states still doing the abortion fight basically saying no abortions tho...with those same places not believing in social services for kids/families either that’s a recipe for disaster

Haven't seen this. I'm the only one of my clise group that's childless. Seems like everyone has a kid out here, many are even working on their second or already have one.

I feel like it's like any major life decision in life, proper planning, budgeting, and saving and you'll be fine.

As a father, I contributed to the world, bless it with a baby girl.

But, it’s expensive :lol:

I’m too close to the end to have more. (4 more years)

Would love to have more but right now I’m living! I had baby girl at a young age.

Honestly having a child brought the best out of me...regardless of cost, I would have done it no different.

Last edited:
Growing up I always said to myself that I wanted a kid by 28. I’m 33 now and have no desire for one. After seeing what some of my friends have to deal with being a parent I’ve realized that’s not a responsibility I want. If I were to ever change my mind on that though I’d probably adopt. No sense in bringing in another soul into this sick world we live in.

I want 5+ kids. S**** I’d get 10 if by possible.

My family is fertile (aunt has 6, uncle had 10)

When I get my chips right, it’s open sesame!!

It’s just so expensive and I ain’t got it like that yet

The states still doing the abortion fight basically saying no abortions tho...with those same places not believing in social services for kids/families either that’s a recipe for disaster

that's cuz morons like da VA governor opened his mouth about partial birth abortions & super late trimester procedures which are horrific.

My homey has three kids. He’s married and 33. Every time another one pops up, he let out a big sigh. :lol: Acting like it’s his wife fault.

Stress all over his face. 11, 4, and 2 months :lol:

More power to him. Dude is forever working and hustling to make it work.

Last edited:
I had my second in February. Was fortunate enough to be in a better position financially, more mature and selfless personally, and just in a much better place than when I had my first 17 years ago.

With that being said. It’s still a challenge and sacrifice albeit a fulfilling and rewarding sacrifice. I’ll be making financial sacrifices and working less to focus on the baby, vacations and trips etc will be put on hold for the moment.

With all that being said, I could see why someone in my age group (I’m 34) would want to wait to have kids. When you don’t have kids, you can be selfish (not a bad thing) and all your disposable income and leisure time is all for you. My pops was pushing 40 when I was born and I can see why he waited.

That said, aside from the having kids 16 years and some change apart part, I’m glad things played out how they did for me. Calmed my *** down lol.

I want 5+ kids. S**** I’d get 10 if by possible.

My family is fertile (aunt has 6, uncle had 10)

When I get my chips right, it’s open sesame!!

It’s just so expensive and I ain’t got it like that yet

3 under 3 checking in and I'm cool with it. Wife and I didn't plan for them but they're here and we're gonna give them the best life we possibly can while still living ours to the fullest, within reason. Some luck is definitely involved with having our parents to help out at times, so I don't look down on people who don't have that luxury nor ever take it for granted.

I also completely understand when people say they're an "inconvenience" but I can't take any offense because it doesn't apply to me. I'd probably get snipped at 4 tho:D

Back
Top Bottom