NOLA Sneakerheads Pickups & Info ALA,MS,TEX Welcome

hey, i will be in new orleans from july on :smile: any recommendations regarding sneakerstores? coulda bring tiffs in 11 or 9.5 with me to swap for size 12 or mighty crowns in 12, anybody interested (patient people :D)? as a last resort i would be willing to sell them either...
and any recommendations regarding cheap flats?

When in July are you getting here, you won't find anything cheap that first week because of Essence Festival, but the city will be hopping that weekend with all kinds of side shows going on at clubs all around town. After that though it should be pretty cheap since the city tends to die down in the summer, conventions are hesitant to book then because of hurricane fears, and let's be honest, it's pretty miserable in this city between June-September.

It's already been said that you're not going to have many options to buy in the city: Sports Plus, Politics (and frankly I don't buy from the NOLA location all that much), 2 HoH options. If you'll have access to a car and you're in town for more than a few days I'd suggest driving to Lafayette for at least one weekend, good people, great food and the original Politics location is a lot better than the one here.

Man I am so not ready for another miserably burning hot summer....

I have this feeling that we're just going to go from the current 60s-70s straight into 90 degree weather with no warning. I'll be back to 3 showers per day by June.

Those 6 look really nice, how's the midsole on them? I'd be afraid of crumbling if they're DS.

biiggtone biiggtone I pass through GP, but rarely stop there for anything. It's been a while since I've been down that way though, pretty much ever since we got our dogs my GF and I have been relatively homebodies not leaving them alone for more than a few hours at a time.

They have been worn View media item 886953View media item 886959View media item 886961View media item 886967View media item 886968
Slight separation as seen from the pics, but not much crumbling, I can press my finger on the midsole and not have to worry about a finger print being left. Should be able to get a couple of hours of wear out of these on my senior trip. Anyways do you guys know of any close restorations in the city, or do any of you guys know how to fix sole separation, and paint the chipping paint? Willing to pay.

Not too many shops, nothing special honestly. sneaker politics, sports plus.

Y'all know if Refresh still open? What's the deal with them?

re:fresh[emoji]174[/emoji] is still open. they take consignment, as well.

not really the place for this but:

I'm trying to get rid of this old Kicker 12" L7 sub, any of y'all know anyone looking for a great sub on the cheap? 

Looks like an old hand sewn quilt my great grandmother had. 
roll.gif

French Quarter Fest this weekend looking forward to the kicks coming out. Sunday will probably bring the most heat if any. I'll be wearing the masterpieces anybody else pulling something out?

French Quarter Fest this weekend looking forward to the kicks coming out. Sunday will probably bring the most heat if any. I'll be wearing the masterpieces anybody else pulling something out?

Maybe supreme foams. Maybe Yeezy 2's. Depends if it's dry.

Back
Top Bottom