Norcal's GRUB Thread

Looks like it got mentioned a few years back already, but Smoking Pig in SJ is 
smokin.gif

They have a Fremont location too, but I've never been so I can't really speak on it. 

Amber India in Los Altos/Mtn View - Everything is fuego A1 on the menu but its pricey $$$.  I go with the shrimp biryani and tandoori chicken.

Little India Cafe in Sunnyvale - Lunch buffet here is awesome.  Around $11 but gets crowded.  Spicing is tasty af.

Bibo's Pizza in Willow Glen - good stuff

Stacks in Campbell - I go with the Eggs Louis (eggs benedict with sweet crab meat)

Tacos Al Pastor #2 in San Jose - Carne Asada Burrito Supreme (still need to try carne asada fries)

Falafel Stop in Sunnyvale - Crowded for a reason.  Reasonable priced shawarma pita pockets with fries in it.

Last edited:
Clawshack in SJ on Berryessa for seafood boil with pretty generous size crawfish/shrimps

Last edited:
Heading to San Francisco in August 3-14, I love tacos/wings/Filipino/BBQ/soul foo/ Dessert. I haven’t tried seafood that much and anything else, open to anything

Heading to San Francisco in August 3-14, I love tacos/wings/Filipino/BBQ/soul foo/ Dessert. I haven’t tried seafood that much and anything else, open to anything

Tacos: El Farolito, Pacho Villa, La Taqueria, Papalote, or Taqueria Cancun (all in Mission District)
Wings: San Tung (Inner Sunset), Hot Sauce and Panko (Russian Hill), Wing Wings (Haight)
Filipino Food: Tselogs (Tenderloin). Senor Sisig (mobile truck); Pampanguena Cuisine (Excelsior)
Soul food: Hard Knox (Potrero Hill), Brenda's ((Tednerloin, anticipate long waits), Farmerbrown (Union Square/Tenderloin)
BBQ: 4505 (Divisadero/Alamo Square-ish)
Dessert: Mitchell's, Bi-Rite, or Humphry Slocombe for ice cream. Anthony's Cookies (Mission).

Tacos: El Farolito, Pacho Villa, La Taqueria, Papalote, or Taqueria Cancun (all in Mission District)
Wings: San Tung (Inner Sunset), Hot Sauce and Panko (Russian Hill), Wing Wings (Haight)
Filipino Food: Tselogs (Tenderloin). Senor Sisig (mobile truck); Pampanguena Cuisine (Excelsior)
Soul food: Hard Knox (Potrero Hill), Brenda's ((Tednerloin, anticipate long waits), Farmerbrown (Union Square/Tenderloin)
BBQ: 4505 (Divisadero/Alamo Square-ish)
Dessert: Mitchell's, Bi-Rite, or Humphry Slocombe for ice cream. Anthony's Cookies (Mission).

Thanks man, I was able to go to senor sisig and Humphry's, San Tungs was closed for summer vacation

xmas grub at dumpling kitchen in the sunset SF

Attachments

• 7F59B98A-9D0C-4CA7-B2D4-FA720304BDA5.jpeg
    7F59B98A-9D0C-4CA7-B2D4-FA720304BDA5.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 6371FBA8-D583-445D-8A49-23BA849E7E01.jpeg
    6371FBA8-D583-445D-8A49-23BA849E7E01.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 799A3FD0-E4B8-4B4E-ADCB-12790BC7ED66.png
    799A3FD0-E4B8-4B4E-ADCB-12790BC7ED66.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 0C020688-928C-43A5-8C9A-40107DFF019D.jpeg
    0C020688-928C-43A5-8C9A-40107DFF019D.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 25
  • B10F33DD-312A-4E66-9DA8-ACDD44B95670.jpeg
    B10F33DD-312A-4E66-9DA8-ACDD44B95670.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 26
I know regional threads don’t get much action. But aside from the wings, anything else at San Tung you would recommend? Going to give them a try this week.

what kind food you into?? sunset got the best dimsum..good luck dimsum on clement is the best. FACTS.
best pizza in sf is golden boy without a doubt.. it’s square pizza. lmk what u feeling..i may got a spot or two.

what kind food you into?? sunset got the best dimsum..good luck dimsum on clement is the best. FACTS.
best pizza in sf is golden boy without a doubt.. it’s square pizza. lmk what u feeling..i may got a spot or two.

I need to try that din sum spot. I’m just going for the day for the warriors game that night. But I’m going to try to fit 2 food spots in while I’m there.

If golden boy is open late. I might try and go there after the game.

I need to try that din sum spot. I’m just going for the day for the warriors game that night. But I’m going to try to fit 2 food spots in while I’m there.

If golden boy is open late. I might try and go there after the game.
closes @ midnight...cash only too..go dubs..enjoy the game let us kno what u grub on...and when in doubt get mexican food (el farolito) lol

Back
Top Bottom