Now...I'm not saying hes the best...but Plies is DEFINITELY appreciated...

Lets just stay Plies career starts off in 2007 when "Shawty" drops...since thats what really put him on (btw a friend told me he was supposed on Sensual Seduction with Snoop but got locked up or something)

Since then in almost 4 years he has 3 and is about to release his 4th album...
smh.gif

Seriously if a major artist can't get on their grind after looking at this career you gotta wonder...or maybe he has a shiesty deal he wants out of...who knows...

But anyways...

RealTestament.jpg

DefinitionofReal.jpg

Plies_-_Da_REAList.jpg

Plies-goon-affliated.jpg

[table][tr][th=""][/th][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Album[/th][th=""]Peak charts[/th][th=""]Certifications/Sales[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]US[/th][th=""]US R&B[/th][th=""]US Rap[/th][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]The Real Testament[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]
  • US: Gold
  • US sales: 500,000+
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Definition of Real
  • Released: June 10, 2008
  • Label: Atlantic / Slip-N-Slide
[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]
  • US: Gold
  • US sales: 500,000+
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Da REAList
  • Released: December 16, 2008
  • Label: Atlantic / Slip-N-Slide / Big Gates
[/td][td]14[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]
  • US: 385,000+
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Goon Affiliated
  • TBR date: May 25, 2010
  • Label: Atlantic / Slip-N-Slide / Big Gates
[/td][td]
  • To be release
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Song[/th][th=""]Peak charts[/th][th=""]Album[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]US[/th][th=""]US R&B[/th][th=""]US Rap[/th][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]"Shawty" (featuring T-Pain)[/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]The Real Testament[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Hypnotized" (featuring Akon)[/td][td]14[/td][td]22[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]"Bust It Baby Pt. 2" (featuring Ne-Yo)[/td][td]7[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]Definition of Real[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Please Excuse My Hands" (featuring Jamie Foxx & The-Dream)[/td][td]66[/td][td]8[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Put It on Ya" (featuring Chris J)[/td][td]31[/td][td]8[/td][td]6[/td][td]Da REAList[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]"Want It, Need It" (featuring Ashanti)[/td][td]96[/td][td]21[/td][td]13[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Plenty Money"[/td][td]107[/td][td]20[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Becky"[/td][td]104[/td][td]32[/td][td]14[/td][td]Goon Affiliated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Medicine" (featuring Keri Hilson)[/td][td]—[/td][td]47[/td][td]21[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"She Got It Made" (featuring Bei Maejor)[/td][td]—[/td][td]41[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Song[/th][th=""]Peak charts[/th][th=""]Album[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]US R&B[/th][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]"Bust It Baby"[/td][td]69[/td][td]Definition of Real[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]"Who Hotter Than Me"[/td][td]75[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Pants Hang Low"[/td][td]111[/td][td]Da REAList[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Awesome"[/td][td]73[/td][td]Goon Affiliated[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Song[/th][th=""]Peak chart positions[/th][th=""]Album[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]U.S.[/th][th=""]U.S. R&B[/th][th=""]U.S. Rap[/th][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]"I'm So Hood" (DJ Khaled featuring Trick Daddy, Rick Ross, T-Pain, & Plies)[/td][td]19[/td][td]9[/td][td]5[/td][td]We the Best[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]"Ain't Sayin' Nothin'" (Fat Joe featuring Dre & Plies)[/td][td]—[/td][td]93[/td][td]—[/td][td]The Elephant in the Room[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Out Here Grindin" (DJ Khaled featuring Akon, Rick Ross, Plies, Lil Boosie, Ace Hood, & Trick Daddy)[/td][td]38[/td][td]32[/td][td]17[/td][td]We Global[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Year Of The Lover" (Lloyd featuring Plies)[/td][td]—[/td][td]101[/td][td]—[/td][td]Lessons In Love[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]"Nasty Girl" (Ludacris featuring Plies)[/td][td]—[/td][td]54[/td][td]23[/td][td]Theater of the Mind[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Wasted" (Gucci Mane featuring Plies)[/td][td]36[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]The State vs. Radric Davis[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Headboard" (Hurricane Chris featuring Mario & Plies)[/td][td]—[/td][td]63[/td][td]—[/td][td]Unleashed[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Put Your Hands Up" (DJ Khaled featuring Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, & Plies)[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]Victory (DJ Khaled album)[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Lose My Mind" (Young Jeezy featuring Plies)[/td][td]—[/td][td]22[/td][td]15[/td][td]Thug Motivation 103[/td][/tr][/table]

Now...I know NT feels a way about his credibility or whatever...but his damn list is so THOROUGH...seriously...is he one of the biggest hit-makers of the decade?

Granted his formula is a little cliche he still makes that +%$$ work...

Plies I salute you...
pimp.gif

From the outrageous qoutables, to the violent lyrics, to the borderline rape inducing song titles...thank you for your contributions to entertainment...thank you
laugh.gif

not really a fan of his but you list all his successes and thats cool...props to him!

he is still a third maybe fourth tier rapper imo...the way he grinds he shud be a certified second tier....i dont see that happenin tho

Plies been one of my favorites since he dropped

He aint one of the best spitters, but his songs and subject matter are appreciated (minus the GOON talk..lol)

But when he spits real subject matter (Kept it Too Real, Runnin My Momma Crazy..ect)..Dude is Appreciated

Plies i Salute you fam!!!

I can't get down with his music. Dude seems real fake and makes "stereotypical" music. Seems like a different person in his interviews.

I was just tellin a couple of my friends how decent plies actually is. He will never be the best that ever did it but i cant front i look forward to his verses especially on other peoples stuff he almost never disappoints.... I have the first and 3rd albums (not from the store) will probably get the 4th as well

he routinely drops bangers and moves units, when he dropped three albums in 18 months i knew he was gonna be aright.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

not really a fan of his but you list all his successes and thats cool...props to him!

he is still a third maybe fourth tier rapper imo...the way he grinds he shud be a certified second tier....i dont see that happenin tho
Co-signing ALL OF THIS..

+

Anyone else besides me, that thinks Plies' fits are
glasses.gif
? (No Marc Jacobs)

Originally Posted by Dapper D

He was supposed to be on the Akon joint "let me love u" not sexual seduction
Yeah the Akon/Snoop joint "I Wanna F*** You/I Wanna Love You" was supposed to be Plies song.  You can actually find the Plies version out there, its EXTREMELY ignorant, i'm still wondering how they thought that was gonna make it to the radio
laugh.gif

one of the biggest hitmaker of the decade? no......he does have bangers though

son sells albums like hotcakes..must be a record labels dream artist to have..minimal promotion with the ability to go gold

not a big Piles fan but Plenty Money goes hamington

"wats in my pocket dawg? big face hunnnndessss"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What is going on in here? Wait...do you actually think Plies is a talented rapper? Or are you saluting the 100 songs he made in a short period of time? Terrible, terrible songs, but still there's 100.

no hate i just never rocked with plies... always thought his style/songs/image were all corny as hell. however, if nothing else, you must respect the mans hustle.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

no hate i just never rocked with plies... always thought his style/songs/image were all corny as hell. however, if nothing else, you must respect the mans hustle.
i came in here to say this

Back
Top Bottom