Now Usually I Don't Do This But Uh....Go 'Head On, Break Em Off With A New National Anthem

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...hem-r-kellys-2003-hit-ignition-remix/Rm8SC7FP

pimp.gif

We got Steezy to win that little contest.

Can we pull this off as well?? :nerd:

Last edited:
"We, the undersigned, would like the Obama administration to recognize the need for a new national anthem, one that even a decade after its creation, is still hot and fresh out the kitchen."

roll.gif

Clean af ,if passed.

Lulz at the youtube comments

How have a never heard/seen that National Anthem? Got the couples in the background Chicago steppin' :rofl: :rofl:

pimp.gif

Perhaps, ultimately, the best person to tell you why the remix to "Ignition" is such a beautiful song is R. Kelly himself. Writing of the song's release in his memoir Soula Coaster: The Diary of Me, Kelly says:

[table][tr][td]
The hottest song on Chocolate Factory  was "Ignition." I revisited the metaphor I had started with "You Remind Me Of Something"—a woman and a car. I liked it so much I had to break off a remix and put it on the same album. In the remix, the groove got very danceable while the metaphors mixed together.

"You've lost your mind, Rob," the executive said when I told him I wanted to release "Ignition Remix" as my next single. "You can't release it with those lyrics."

"I can't change the lyrics," I said.

"Why?"

"'Cause they go with the song. They go with the mood."

"Maybe, but you've got to change the title. Given what you're facing now, you can't sing about sticking your key in the ignition."

"I don't see why not."

"They'll crucify you."

"I think the jam's so hot they'll have to play it," I said.

"I think it'll get you banned worse than before."

I didn't believe that. So I sneaked the cut to a disc jockey and asked him to test it on the air. That same night his phone lines lit up like a Christmas tree. People went crazy for it. I immediately made sure it was released all over the country, and the next thing I knew, it was sitting on top of the charts. The ban against me had been smashed by the power of music.
[/td][/tr][/table]
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/r-kellys-ignition-remix-turned-ten-years-old-today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom