NT Car Audio Heads - step in for a second vol. 10inch CVR's or 12inch COMP's

ok NT, so i need a bit of advice... (esp. since the official thread is dead it seems)
im picking up my new car tomorrow which is an 05 civic lx with factory 6 disc changer, 2 front speakers, 2 tweeters in the front, and two 6x9's above andbehind the rear seats close to the rear window..

im getting a deal at a local electronics mom&pop that includes a kenwood kac-7204 (1000 watts), and my choice of either two 10 inch kicker CVR's, OR,two 12 inch Kicker Comps, all for about 400 bucks even.. no tax. with installation...

now, i want to have as much trunk space as possible, but i still want a decent system... i dont want to stunt all over the place.. but i do want to be able toimpress if i want to..
the way i see it, it all comes down to which subs are the best, the 10 inch CVR's or the 12 inch Comps.

btw... the headunit WILL be switched out for a Pioneer DEH-3000IB that i had in my old civic... the way i see it, the headunit will power the tweeters and the4 stock speakers and the amp will only power the subs

sorry for not mentioning that... its 4 door with this trunk space..

TR8022.08.jpg

the cvrs they take 400 wats rms the comps take 150 rms

that amp puts out 170 watts x 2 at 4 ohms,
250 Watts x 2 2ohms,
and 500 Watts x 1 4ohms bridged

so ur not gonna get 1000 watts to those subs. only 170 at 4ohms. the comps are stable down to 4ohms, and they take 150 rms so 170 is perfect for them.

The cvrs are stable down to 2 ohms but you will be underpowering them. So i guess the the comps.

Back
Top Bottom