NT Coaches Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

How did the season go for everyone?

Anyone coaching summer league, or any camps?

I going to coach summer basketball in PG county Maryland, and will try to coach Shaka Smart VCU camp again this summer, and maybe 2 other camps.

Coach HS football and my sons little league baseball and football teams, looks like there is some good info in here to relate to players

Currently at the Point Guard College Clinic out Seattle. I will share all of my notes when I get back home and type them up

After 13 years at the high school level, just accepted the lead assistant role at a D2 out here in Cali. Keep grinding yall, the blessing is around the corner. If i can be of assistance to anybody out there or if you have any players that could play at our level, get at me!

After 13 years at the high school level, just accepted the lead assistant role at a D2 out here in Cali. Keep grinding yall, the blessing is around the corner. If i can be of assistance to anybody out there or if you have any players that could play at our level, get at me!
Any camps I should look into working this summer that are good for networking?

I'd focus more on language/terminology. Showing what diff cuts/slides are called offensively and defensively. The kind of screens, and cuts off screens from there. I never got that as a kid, just pick here, cut there, no actual "examples" of those plays.
Thanks, I am going to move this conversation to the coaches thread. I don't want to clutter this one up if it goes away from the analytics.

Anyone in here coach AAU?

I began coaching AAU this year for an organization in the DMV. We are going through some bumps right now, but I would say that I have a pretty decent team right now.

If anyone in here does indeed coach AAU is your team sponsored? If so, how long did it take before your team received a sponsorship? Did the company come to you or you went to them?

Everyone knows that the DMV is very competitive when it comes to AAU basketball, and I feel like I will lose kids if we are not winning, and also because I cant deck them out in nike, under armour, addidas etc

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I hope all is well. The Washington ******** are hosting their annual High School Coaches Clinic on Thursday, August 18 from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at ******** Park (Ashburn, VA). The event is open to the high school football coaches throughout District of Columbia State Athletic Association.

Coaches will have the opportunity to join the Washington ******** on the sidelines for their morning walkthrough practice as they prepare to host the New York Jets at FedExField the next day. Coaches will also have the chance to listen to keynote speakers, hear from panelists including Offensive Coordinator Sean McVay, Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry, and Special Teams Coordinator Ben Kotwica, and enjoy lunch in the team dining facility.

Additionally, all attendees will receive two (2) tickets to the preseason home game on Friday, August 19, when the ******** host the New York Jets at FedExField (Landover, MD).

Registration is now open for this event and they are about halfway full. We were wondering if you would be able to pass along the information about the clinic to football coaches throughout the District. I have provided a registration link for the event below.

https://********.wufoo.com/forms/r1oh4p7m0vlj815/

If you have any questions about the event, please reach out to Calvin Parson, Jr., Coordinator, Heath & Wellness, Washington ******** at parsonc@********.com.

Thanks,
Ed

Short video explains a growing frustration among the TEACHERS in the basketball community. We have to remember that we are TEACHERS first and the winning should be a byproduct of what we teach.

Teaching younger children should not be about breaking all-time wins records because nobody cares about you and how many games you won as a Middle School coach.

It is all about TEACHING.

Watch "Frank Martin couldn’t have said it any better. He talks about parents coaching from the stands." on YouTube

Anybody working any basketball camps this summer? I'm at Wootten camp in Frostburg MD, and Texas Team Camp in Austin.

Back
Top Bottom