NT computer heads help me choose a laptop vol hp gateway or toshiba vol vol i got a student budget

NT i need a new laptop and need some recommendations (all i really do is surf web , movies, need good output to watch movies on tv via hdmi, download lots ofmusic)
budget - 500-600

Have fun.... <-----Click that for a good comparison.....seriously
wink.gif

I was just gonna make a thread about a laptop too. I guess ill just ask my question in here. Im also looking to buy a laptop. Nothing too over the top. I justneed one to use Pro Tools, nothing else. Im looking to spend No more than 500. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Genesis2mP

I was just gonna make a thread about a laptop too. I guess ill just ask my question in here. Im also looking to buy a laptop. Nothing too over the top. I just need one to use Pro Tools, nothing else. Im looking to spend No more than 500. Any suggestions?

Are you going to be using Pro Tools M-Powered or Pro Tools LE?

$500 isn't a great budget to use with pro tools depending on the types of plugins you'll be using...its all dependent. However $500 would be finefor a DESKTOP that you'll use Pro Tools on.....if you can build a computer

Im not a fan of Toshiba's. Id say either an HP or a Sony. My old laptop was an HP and it lasted about 5yrs? or so. I would leave it on for weeks at a timeand put it through a lot of abuse so i think thats pretty good. My new laptop is a Sony and so far its pretty good.

Also if have the know how to get all the programs for free online, like word, anti virus, etc you can just buy the basic model laptop with out the preinstalledprograms for a couple hundred cheaper. My sony was like $1100 but only like $900 without any preinstalled programs, which is what i got and just got all theprograms i needed myself.

Back
Top Bottom