NT Cooking School vol. ENROLL NOW

ooooo NT you would not believe how good my grilled cheese sandwich is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Alchemist IQ you gotta teach me how to make them potatoes

My meal today

Appetizer:

Vienna sausages with cheddar cheese melted on top, finished with a line of that sriracha sauce. Invented by yours truly.

Main course:

Lemon salmon rubbed with salt and pepper plus parsley

Dinner was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can any of you Chef guru's point me in the direction of low fat, or reduced calorie recipes. I'm doing some body training, and want to cut my fatintake.

heaVINsent15
Roasted Potatoes

My tips when making Roasted Potatoes
*Get the freshest potatoes, and make sure they are really red.
*Use glassware, If you use a metal pan it would be difficult to turnover the potatoes while cooking
*Have fun.

I might make Turkey breast Pita tomorrow so watch out for that.
pimp.gif

bump

2j2hr9d.jpg

put myself on a low carb diet. chicken just aint cutting it no more, so i gave myself a treat today.

pimp.gif

I'm a chef and this thread is much appreciated! I graduated from the John Folse Culinary school and recently went to one of the best institutes in Europe(Paul Bocuse in Lyon) for three months. Being from South Louisiana I have a lot of Cajun, Creole, Spanish, French and German Brasserie and Italian recipes.I'd be glad to help out anyone with recipes
smile.gif

Tonight I had a simple but delicious dinner:

Caprese Salad w/ Basil Pesto (perfect summer dish when Creole tom. are ripe)

-two Creole tom. cut in half inch slices
-Buffalo Mozz cut in half inch slices
-Basil Pesto- one cup fresh basil, 2 tablespoons roasted walnuts, one garlic glove, 1/2 cup good quality Parm and extra virgin olive oil. Put all ingredientsin a food pro or blender and adjust thickness to your liking. Add Fleur de Sel and fresh ground pepper to taste

1 1/4 inch USDA Prime Ribeyes
-only Fleur de Sel and fresh ground pepper
-heat up a seasoned cast iron skillet till smoking and cook 3 minutes and flip and cook 2 more minutes for med rare. Allow to rest for 10 minutes
-top with an herbed compound butter (unsalted butter, chives, tarragon, chervil and roasted garlic)

Roasted Butternut Squash (very underrated veg and is delicous) I've got a great recipe for Butternut Squash Shrimp Bisque
-one butternut squash trimmed and cut into large brunoise
-in a bowl mix the squash with Fleur de Sel, ground pepper, dried rosemary and extra virgin olive oil
-bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes

Sorry no pictures!

I figured this thread or one like it will be popping up soon. With the release of the new Julie / Julia movie I swear everyone is going to try and be the nextBig chef now. But it's nice to see some new interest from the rest of the world lol they can finally appreciate the madness

anyways I am a chef... Been cooking all my life and graduated le cordon bleu about 4 years ago. Since then I've ran my own small catering company and Ilove what I do

I'm happy to share the knowledge so if you have any questions feel free to ask

I clicked on this thread wishing I'd find something on another way of making tofu and I see your recipe... Very appreciated man, thanks!

Originally Posted by eatmoreyeah

Roasted Butternut Squash (very underrated veg and is delicous) I've got a great recipe for Butternut Squash Shrimp Bisque
-in a bowl mix the squash with Fleur de Sel, ground pepper, dried rosemary and extra virgin olive oil

that does sound
smokin.gif

thats pretty healthy right. not too big on fatty foods

Sorry no pictures!

You are a chef? If you brunois those squash and roast them that long you will have butternut squash mush

First of all, Brunois is a very precise 1/8" x 1/8" x 1/8" dice, there is no such thing as a large brunois. You must mean more of a medium-largedice (1/2"-3/4" cubes)

And I wouldnt use dried herbs unless you have to , 30 min isnt really long enough for them to reconstitute, I would always use fresh if its available.

You can never get a better finished product then the ingredients you use to begin with.
pimp.gif

Smh I hate it when people try to make meals look all fancy and stuff with hardly any food..
Like just make something that looks good and that'l actually feed an apetite

Originally Posted by AAclaire420

Sorry no pictures!

You are a chef? If you brunois those squash and roast them that long you will have butternut squash mush

First of all, Brunois is a very precise 1/8" x 1/8" x 1/8" dice, there is no such thing as a large brunois. You must mean more of a medium-large dice (1/2"-3/4" cubes)

And I wouldnt use dried herbs unless you have to , 30 min isnt really long enough for them to reconstitute, I would always use fresh if its available.

You can never get a better finished product then the ingredients you use to begin with.
pimp.gif

Yeh actually meant large dice and yes I am a chef I work at one of the top 50 restaurants in America. Maybe you've heard of it...Restaurant August owned and run by one of the best chef's in the U.S. named John Besh. And since you think you're the shiiii, you hardly ever use fresh herbs in an oven at high temperates for a long period of time or else they burn.

Hope you had fun wasting all that money at le cordon bleu.
pimp.gif

Yeah eatmore good for you that's a cool job, if you want to work in a restaurant. I wasn't hating just so you know I should probably be impressed youeven know what a batonet is lol

anyways I dd have a great time at le cordon bleu and I wouldn't consider it wasting money just an investment in my future. Anyways I already made back mytuition money a few times over with what I've made catering in the last few years. So to each his own

Good stuff with all those recipes
pimp.gif

I'll come back w/ some recipes of my own.. cause this summer the stove is asking me to cook cook cook with all my munchies power.
pimp.gif
+ gotta learn how towork that kitchen when I move in my apartment yizzir

I made baked ziti with turkey sausage and garlic bread lastnight. It came out great!

Plan on making this on Sunday...

crawfish-etouffee.jpg

Crawfish Etouffee

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Props to the ops for using a tofu recipe...before I clicked on the thread I was thinking "great, I bet it will be all meat though"

ima have to try this
This isn't KosherTalk bro. What's wrong with meat?

If you want to have healthy cooking, try boiling your meats. If you boil chicken pieces in water, make sure you scoop some of the fat that comes on the surfaceaway. It will have zero oil or grease in this cooking method.

I'm going to go cook something tonight. Need time to think about it though.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Props to the ops for using a tofu recipe...before I clicked on the thread I was thinking "great, I bet it will be all meat though"

ima have to try this
This isn't KosherTalk bro. What's wrong with meat?

If you want to have healthy cooking, try boiling your meats. If you boil chicken pieces in water, make sure you scoop some of the fat that comes on the surface away. It will have zero oil or grease in this cooking method.

I'm going to go cook something tonight. Need time to think about it though.
This isnt MeatTalk (
laugh.gif
) bro, whats wrong with tofu?

Did it strike you that maybe hes a vegetarian or a vegan? Surprise, those exist!

AAclaire420 wrote:

Yeah eatmore good for you that's a cool job, if you want to work in a restaurant. I wasn't hating just so you know I should probably be impressed you even know what a batonet is lol

anyways I dd have a great time at le cordon bleu and I wouldn't consider it wasting money just an investment in my future. Anyways I already made back my tuition money a few times over with what I've made catering in the last few years. So to each his own

Your post just came across as rude. I made a simple typo mistake, big deal. I've met a few people that went to le cordon bleu and theyenjoyed it greatly. Glad you did as well. I'm also in the process of starting my own catering business. Design Cuisine of Louisiana....as you knowthat's where the real money is!
pimp.gif
Granted I love working for one ofthe best restaurants/chef's in America, but the hours are terrible and the pay is only decent. I'm doing it just to further development my skills.

Where are you located? You have a website I check out? What sort of food and clientele do you usually cater for?

As for tonight's recipe:

Fried Green Tomatoes with a Lumb Crabmeat Remoulade with a simply Frissee Salad with a Lemon Truffle Oil Vinaigrette, Manchego cheese and candied Walnuts.

recipe serves 4 to 6:

-3 green tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch slices
-standard breading process (flour, whipped eggs, bread cumbs/panko whatever you like)
-canola oil for frying the tomatoes

-1 lb local lump crabmeat
-mayo
-ketchup
-creole mustard
-Worchestershire
-Crystal hotsauce
-lemon juice
-celery salt
-white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper
-kosher salt
-let it set up in the fridge for half an hour...it will taste better the longer in the fridge!

basically it's a dressing so use what protions you'd like for your taste!

salad:

-a head of frissee (any lettuce will be fine i just like frissee with this because it's a bitter green that goes well with Manchego cheese and candiedwalnuts)
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
-zest from one lemon
-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-2 tablespoons white truffle oil
-a hit of balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper to taste
-Manchego cheese (either chunks or chards)
-candied walnuts
-4 oz of walnuts
-one egg white
-two table spoons of dark or light brown sugar
-good quality salt
-beat egg white till frothy add salt, and sugar and whip until incorporated
-add walnuts and coat them well
-place on parchment on a baking sheet and bake in a 250 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.

AAclaire420 wrote:

Yeah eatmore good for you that's a cool job, if you want to work in a restaurant. I wasn't hating just so you know I should probably be impressed you even know what a batonet is lol

anyways I dd have a great time at le cordon bleu and I wouldn't consider it wasting money just an investment in my future. Anyways I already made back my tuition money a few times over with what I've made catering in the last few years. So to each his own
Your post just came across as rude. I made a simple typo mistake, big deal. I've met a few people that went to le cordon bleu and they enjoyed it greatly. Glad you did as well. I'm also in the process of starting my own catering business. Design Cuisine of Louisiana....as you know that's where the real money is!
pimp.gif
Granted I love working for one of the best restaurants/chef's in America, but the hours are terrible and the pay is only decent. I'm doing it just to further development my skills.

Where are you located? You have a website I check out? What sort of food and clientele do you usually cater for?

As for tonight's recipe:

Fried Green Tomatoes with a Lumb Crabmeat Remoulade with a simply Frissee Salad with a Lemon Truffle Oil Vinaigrette, Manchego cheese and candied Walnuts.

recipe serves 4 to 6:

-3 green tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch slices
-standard breading process (flour, whipped eggs, bread cumbs/panko whatever you like)
-canola oil for frying the tomatoes

-1 lb local lump crabmeat
-mayo
-ketchup
-creole mustard
-Worchestershire
-Crystal hotsauce
-lemon juice
-celery salt
-white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper
-kosher salt
-let it set up in the fridge for half an hour...it will taste better the longer in the fridge!

basically it's a dressing so use what protions you'd like for your taste!

salad:

-a head of frissee (any lettuce will be fine i just like frissee with this because it's a bitter green that goes well with Manchego cheese and candied walnuts)
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
-zest from one lemon
-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-2 tablespoons white truffle oil
-a hit of balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper to taste
-Manchego cheese (either chunks or chards)
-candied walnuts
-4 oz of walnuts
-one egg white
-two table spoons of dark or light brown sugar
-good quality salt
-beat egg white till frothy add salt, and sugar and whip until incorporated
-add walnuts and coat them well
-place on parchment on a baking sheet and bake in a 250 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.

My mans from South Louisiana
pimp.gif
. Food is on point here!! I stay nearLafayette, where did you reside?

Back
Top Bottom